Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 02:46 AM

28 posts, read 28,084 times

Advertisements

When I was in high school there were three students that murdered someone. One student killed his mother. He was always weird and on the verge of a breakdown, which made most people steer clear of him. Another student robbed a gas station and killed someone in there. I didn't know him, just knew who he was at school. A neighbor who was older than me, killed his father for the insurance money. My husband was in law enforcement for years and came into contact with a few former classmates we knew or knew of that went away for murder.

As an adult I have had two relatives (related through marriage, not blood), murder someone and are currently locked away. A friend of our family was murdered by his wife. That was terribly sad for their children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 01:18 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,239,825 times
I used to work with a guy who killed 3 other guys at once, with his bare hands.

He was a classically trained pianist and a really sweet guy.

Bizarre.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:03 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,334 times
Yes, a cousin was shot and killed by her boyfriend. He killed himself too.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:07 AM

2,625 posts, read 3,412,268 times
I made one previous posting to this thread (posting # 122, submitted on 5-17-2015), detailing 4 murder cases I personally knew of. Well, one more just came to mind today that I'd forgotten about until now:

I had dated and had a romantic and intimate relationship with a woman over the course of up to a month around three decades ago (per this wrting) and she'd said that her father had killed her mother (not quite sure if I recall how he'd killed her, but I seem to recall that she said he strangled her) and he went to prison for this crime. She wept about it while we were laying down together.

Old 09-13-2015, 03:42 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,704 times
My friends son worked at a motel, he let himself into a young woman's room while she was sleeping and beat her to death. My friend and his mother, to this day does not believe he did it. He was arrested because his friend told the police about a bloody towel that he kept under his bed.

I knew him from the time he was about 5 and it was just so tragic and shocking.

Old 09-13-2015, 05:44 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,260,421 times
murdered
The girl living next to me when I was growing up was murdered as an adult. She was the same age as one of my older brothers. I was good friends with her mother when I was young and would go over to hang out just to talk....I was sort of awkward as a kid and had easier time with adults than other kids.

My neighbor's daughter grew up and fell in with some pretty bad biker types. She was later raped and murdered in a drug deal gone bad.

murderer
A guy I knew when I was in my 20s had a sister who used to watch my daughter when she was very young. Years later, this same woman committed murder/suicide by purposefully driving the wrong way on I-5 and finding just the right car to collide head on with. She and the other driver were both killed instantly.

Old 09-13-2015, 01:03 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,989,068 times
I went to school with Odell Barnes. In fact in one of our ROTC class pic's I'm standing next to him. I also had a brief conversation with Faryion Waldrip back in the 80's.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:27 AM

302 posts, read 473,936 times
Lets see:

My Godmother was kidnapped in front of a convenience store while her two sons were inside. They found her in a field, raped and shot in the head.

A friend back in 1980 was murdered in her home. She was 5 months pregnant and her 2 year old daughter was there at the time.

My husband's ex-girlfriend was strangled with a dog leash by her son, put in the back seat of her car along with her two dogs, and then he set the car on fire in a field. The dogs were still alive when he burned the car.

My best friend's husband was hit head-on by an 18 wheeler driven by a guy who was not supposed to be driving it. He was crushed to death. 10 months later the same man killed his 10 year old daughter in another auto accident.

The father of the same friend shot himself in the head with a shotgun 30 years earlier, in the family room of their home.

My cousin's son, who was a twin, hung himself the day before he was to start college.

My own mother had an abortion in Tijuana when I was 8 years old.

Damn.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:23 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,365,433 times
I had a cousin who killed a guy who had molested him when he was a kid. It was a stabbing. I didn't know the cousin, had only met him once, I think. Seemed like a sweet, quiet guy. Extremely sad situation.

I've never known anyone who's been murdered, that I'm aware of... but chances are, it must've happened to someone I met over the years. I just have no knowledge of it.

Old 09-15-2015, 11:23 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,186,318 times
My coworker was murdered by her bf recently.

She was in the process of telling him to move out of her house when it happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime