Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Anthony get the death penalty??
Yes...it's a given...fry 16 20.25%
Life in prison with no parole 50 63.29%
Other.... 13 16.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 06:05 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times

Advertisements

Lee was rather convoluted, he was low-key, no emotion. He did mention how when they were trying to find Caylee in '08 and police at the house, Lee tried to talk to his sister reasonably, and said it was heartbreaking for Cindy....and casey simply said..."well maybe Im just a spiteful bi@tch"...

She clearly is cold blooded and narcissistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 03:14 AM

92 posts, read 93,879 times

Do we see this in her...

Tests and diagnosis

By Mayo Clinic staff
Narcissistic personality disorder is diagnosed based on signs and symptoms, as well as a thorough psychological evaluation that may include filling out questionnaires.
Although there's no laboratory test to diagnose narcissistic personality disorder, you may also have a physical exam to make sure you don't have a physical problem causing your symptoms.
Some features of narcissistic personality disorder are similar to those of other personality disorders. It's possible to be diagnosed with more than one personality disorder at the same time.
To be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder, you must meet criteria spelled out in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). This manual is published by the American Psychiatric Association and is used by mental health providers to diagnose mental conditions and by insurance companies to reimburse for treatment.
Criteria for narcissistic personality disorder to be diagnosed include:
  • Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power or beauty
  • Believing that you are special and can associate only with equally special people
  • Requiring constant admiration
  • Having a sense of entitlement
  • Taking advantage of others
  • Having an inability to recognize needs and feelings of others
  • Being envious of others
  • Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

Old 06-04-2011, 07:15 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I like Judge Perry, he sort of sounds like Bill Cosby. I'm waiting for him to say, "Ladies and Gentlemen, let's all take a break, and enjoy some Jello Pudding Pops."
LOL
Yes, if nothing else he is going to make sure the jury has something good to eat, I really like him too.

Last edited by mag32gie; 06-04-2011 at 07:56 AM..

Old 06-04-2011, 01:36 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
  • Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power or beauty
  • Believing that you are special and can associate only with equally special people
  • Requiring constant admiration
  • Having a sense of entitlement
  • Taking advantage of others
  • Having an inability to recognize needs and feelings of others
  • Being envious of others
  • Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner
She meets every point on that list. The envy part is also present in borderlines, they feel entitled to everything without working for it.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I like Judge Perry, he sort of sounds like Bill Cosby. I'm waiting for him to say, "Ladies and Gentlemen, let's all take a break, and enjoy some Jello Pudding Pops."
I like him because he's no-nonsense and isn't letting the defense walk all over him. Or the prosecution.

He's the Anti-Ito.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:01 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,545,426 times
I asked upthread- does anyone know who is paying for her defense? I don't think Baez is court-appointed. Is her family going to be bankrupted paying for her defense? While she accuses her own father of covering up the crime?

Old 06-04-2011, 10:17 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
State of Florida is paying! She is indigent!

Old 06-05-2011, 06:45 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Her constant partying during the time her child was gone, with a bright smile, shows a woman having a good time. That, is completely damning. Even if she was sexually abused, and if her child did drown, and her Father covered it up--she does not look sad that her CHILD is dead! I don't buy her defense- her actions after the disappearance are the real evidence. She was happy the child was gone.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:39 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Her constant partying during the time her child was gone, with a bright smile, shows a woman having a good time. That, is completely damning. Even if she was sexually abused, and if her child did drown, and her Father covered it up--she does not look sad that her CHILD is dead! I don't buy her defense- her actions after the disappearance are the real evidence. She was happy the child was gone.
To me the partying indicates that she is devoid of feeling. I can't begin to imagine all the complexities of her mental problems.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:02 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
She has "feelings", she feels badly that she was caught, is in jail, she was incredible during one jail visit with her parents who were talking about Caylee, and she interrupted them to discuss how horrible things were for her, and how no one cares about what she (Casey) was going through. She has plenty of feelings for herself.

I agree, this young woman is messed up. I think an insanity plea would have had more merit. It will be interesting to see the defense's case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime