Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Anthony get the death penalty??
Yes...it's a given...fry 16 20.25%
Life in prison with no parole 50 63.29%
Other.... 13 16.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 06:11 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,039,578 times

Advertisements

The sad thing is.....none of this should have ever happened.

Casey never wanted a child in the first place. First, she wanted to abort....and her mother talked her out of it, then, she wanted to put her up for adoption....and her mother talked her out of it.

I am sure Casey's mother told her to keep the baby....we will help you.......and then, when Casey still wanted to party, Cindy probably berated her for it.....hence the big fight and Casey stomping out....poor Caylee in tow.

Casey knew she didn't want a child, and if her mother hadn't intervened, Caylee would have never been born in the first place.........or she would be alive with an adoptive family right now.

Big control/jealosy issues between Casey and Cindy going on here.

You just can't force someone to become mother material.....you either are or you are not.

Sadly, in this case, little Caylee paid the ultimate price.

I am not saying Casey doesn't deserve to spend the rest of her life in prison, she most assuredly does.......but......Cindy had a lot to do with the way this whole thing played out.

And George.........I think he is the other innocent victim in this mother/daughter fiasco.

JMHO.....from the facts that I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 06:22 PM

827 posts, read 1,672,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
What you say is true but can you think of ANY reason for all the lies and not reporting your 2 year old daughter missing for a month unless you were guilty of something?
Even if it was a terrible accident and you were afraid, a mother would not be out partying like that. It is just not normal and why most people feel she is guilty.
If you can think of a reason please share because I just can't stand to think of this little girl being killed by her mother or any child for that matter.

Like I said I will NOT try this case myself. and neither should anyone on TV or on the internet. If you're not in the courtroom then sit back and see what happens.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
What you say is true but can you think of ANY reason for all the lies and not reporting your 2 year old daughter missing for a month unless you were guilty of something?
Even if it was a terrible accident and you were afraid, a mother would not be out partying like that. It is just not normal and why most people feel she is guilty.
If you can think of a reason please share because I just can't stand to think of this little girl being killed by her mother or any child for that matter.
I think Casey's actions after the death of Caylee prove that she hadn't planned it ahead of time.

She didn't know what to do with the body, so she just drove around with it for awhile, in the meantime, thinking up a lame story about the nanny kidnapping Caylee. Did a poor job of dumping the body too.....not well thought out ahead of time. I just don't see any planning in her actions. I see uncoordinated reactions.....bumbling about trying to resolve an unforseen situation.

Partying after the fact and not reporting the death......well, she IS a sociopath......some twisted form of denial.......she just tried to go on and pretend it never happened. She is NOT NORMAL.

She is a bonified sociopath and should be locked up for good.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:15 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times
Annie, I totally agree with your whole premise on the dynamics of Casey and Cindy. Caylee was a pawn in their power/control issues. I believe Cindy loved that little girl, but in a twisted way wanted to "punish" her party prima donna daughter...and deny that she would babysit while Casey partied. Casey never wanted the kid in the first place! Then she is trapped with a kid, a b**** mother, and she sees her future of never being able to get free from Caylee or her Mother. She felt trapped.

Her only "solution" was for Caylee to be gone. In her twisted logic, then everything would be fine.

I don't feel bad for the Grandparents. They should have taken care of Caylee, she would be alive now. That is why George went crazy with guilt, and almost killed himself. Their daughter is a POS trash. They should have acknowledged it, and let her live her life.

But is this a case worth the death penalty? I don't think so...they should have cut theior losses, offered Casey a deal if she plead guilty. But her delusions and denial have been an issue...I don't know if she is crazy or not...but I don't think she should be on death row.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:30 PM

I don't think George had a lot of control over Cindy. I think, over the years, he learned to just shut up and stay out of Cindy's way to keep the peace.

I am sure he is regretting not trying to intervene between Cindy and Casey now though, hence the guilt.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:32 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,588,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
For some reason I find it fascinating to read this cases and find out what causes a person to commit a crime like this, maybe because if we know more, similar crimes could be prevented. There are obviously many pathways to criminal behavior but if there was some way that some of these behaviors could be viewed as red flags when the person is young enough, possibly these crimes could be prevented. It's also interesting to see how and why a parent did--or did not--intervene when problems arose before the crime was committed.

I don't know about the "ordinary" part. I agree that Casey Anthony seems similar to Susan Smith. It's doubtful that Anthony will get anything less than life in prison, despite whatever traumatic experiences she endured before she killed her daughter.

back to the Casey Anthony case. Clearly she is a narcissist. It is sad for the parents, who maybe saw signs, but didnt know what to do....Casey was jealous that her parents spent too much time with baby Caylee, from what they asay...thats crazy, and the sign of a borderline.

At the least she will get life in prison, they can appeal and appeal, but rarely does it get to Supreme Court ( heart shaped sticker on Caylees mouth- way too incriminating- clearly Casey did this).

Old 05-24-2011, 10:51 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,885,186 times
It's amazing to see the ammount lies this girl told. She just couldn't stop.

When you see it laid out for 31 days that her child was "missing" and she was partying, shopping lying to her parents etc... It infuriates me. NO MOTHER in thier right mind would not be unconsolable and franticlly searching for thier child! You know pit in your stomach feeling you get when you have lost track of your child for just a moment...the panic swelling in your chest etc... she show NO signs of any concern.

that poor sweet little girl. RIP Caylee.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:00 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,588,779 times
The timeline really shows the amount (and insanity of) lies she told....for over a month she told Cindy she was in different cities, working at universal etc...really bizarre and all to suit her needs- partying at Fusion nite club....

Old 05-24-2011, 11:23 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
It's been a long time coming but jury selection is currently being conducted. Trial to start next Monday.
Florida is a fry state. I'd be very surprised if she was given life without parole. The defense opening remarks are off the wall.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:41 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,824,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Florida is a fry state. I'd be very surprised if she was given life without parole. The defense opening remarks are off the wall.
Yes they are. I don't know how George is able to sit there and listen to this trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime