Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 12:50 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times

Advertisements

It's like science fiction!

Something straight outta the Twilight Zone!

I have to hear the Jury's reasons for this.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:50 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,519,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
OMG her defense Cheney Mason has a pair of balls on him to say shame on us for believing the media and participating in the media assasination of Casey Anthony!
I should hope if any of you are ever accused of a crime you didn't commit, that your attorney would be just as concerned for your being crucified in the media b/f you even had a chance to go to trial.

You all forget that people DO get convicted unjustly. The public gets all whipped up into a lynching party frenzy, and people get convicted in the media and on forums - before the trial has even started.

We need to stop and think about how wonderful it is that we have a justice system that does not depend on how the media portrays the "facts" and how TV court show pundits villify the accused.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:51 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,314,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Caysey may hove gotten "justice" but Caylee didn't.

Who speaks for her? How did she end up rotting in a swamp? That's what bothers me the most. I'd like to ask the jury how they came to their conclusion. Not proven?

I'm more shocked by this than OJ.

How did that little girl end up dead, Jury?
That is the question throughout the nation for sure! Who ELSE had any reason to want Caylee dead? Who ELSE made up a pack of lies to cover the disappearance of that child for over a month?

More likely than not we will get some half-a**ed answers as to how they came to this decision when some of the jurors appear on TV news shows.

Extremely sad. Casey Anthony is a very demented person and should not be on the loose again. The sick and unpredictable $#^$**@ might get out there immediately and get knocked up again while living it up in her "bella vida."

Old 07-05-2011, 12:52 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,199,385 times
I don't usually follow these kinds of things, but I totally called the verdict- in a discussion with a family member earlier this week I'd said that neither side has enough evidence to prove or disprove guilt, and so I figured it would be at best "not guilty" or a mistrial at worst.

It'll be interesting to see how Ms. Anthony spends the next few months, as I'm sure that there will be death threats involved not only on her but probably on some of the jurors as well.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:52 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,248,397 times
Smile No book deals or movie deals

I hope the judge puts the kibbosh on any future $$$ deals for anyone involved in this trial.

What a travesty of justice.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:53 PM

2,727 posts, read 6,155,788 times
Quote:
I just wish the judge would order her to be sterlized but alas that is wishful thinking. She will probably marry and have more children who she will abuse as well.
As distturbing as this whole murder is, I find this even more disturbing but very accurate IMO. I don't doubt it. She will go on to marry and have more kids that she will abuse.

Then what?

Sickening................

Old 07-05-2011, 12:54 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,199,385 times
Can the judge actually do that? At the very least, the defense attorneys need to be paid..

Old 07-05-2011, 12:54 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
OMG her defense Cheney Mason has a pair of balls on him to say shame on us for believing the media and participating in the media assasination of Casey Anthony!
Did he even mention Caylee?

I don't think so.

We have a system of justice in this country. I understand and appreciate it. What I don't understand is defense lawyers not respecting the VICTIMS!

Baez shot "a look" to the lead investigating cops who were sitting up in the balcony. Equivalent to Cochran sayng "Gotcha!" to Ron Goldman's sister after the verdict.

What about Caylee Defense Team? Going to spend any time getting justice for the little girl rotting in the swamp?

I'm assuming the book deals will be signed within a week.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:55 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,519,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Caylee Marie Anthony is still dead. She was placed in plastic garbage bags and dumped in a swampy area. Her body decomposed and animals chewed on her bones, roots grew threw her remains. That is a fact no one can ever get away from that.

Caylee Marie Anthony is dead and she didn't kill herself.
We don't really know that, do we? If she drowned, it was a tragic accident, but no one KILLED her if that is, indeed, what happened.

DA didn't prove how Caylee died, much less at whose hands, or if it were an accident. DA didn't prove that Casey tossed Caylee out like so much garbage.

It is a horrible situation . . . and makes us all sick . . . but no one proved what happened or even who was involved.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:55 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I should hope if any of you are ever accused of a crime you didn't commit, that your attorney would be just as concerned for your being crucified in the media b/f you even had a chance to go to trial.

You all forget that people DO get convicted unjustly. The public gets all whipped up into a lynching party frenzy, and people get convicted in the media and on forums - before the trial has even started.

We need to stop and think about how wonderful it is that we have a justice system that does not depend on how the media portrays the "facts" and how TV court show pundits villify the accused.
People do and in this case someone was acquitted of murder UNJUSTtLY! And there is no JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE! Nothing you will say will convince me otherwise. This has nothing to do with the media. This is a woman who blatantly laughed, lied, about her daughter's murder which I believe committed.

And I would NEVER be accused of a crime that I didn't commit because I WOULD NOT EVEN CONSIDER DOING A CRIME SUCH AS KILLING MY CHILD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime