Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 03:22 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times

Advertisements

If they play it right and not much proof is needed in a civil suit, then this lady might collect lots of money from book deals, movie deals that Baez hopes to get for his work to get her off.

Zaneid's life was ruined by Casey's lies....unless baez is going to use George & Cindy as the people collecting the money for the book deal, otherwise they will collect a lot of money from casey for this. Remember OJ was not guilty and lost a civil suit.

Morgan & Morgan the laughing 3rd party...for the people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 03:37 PM

288 posts, read 167,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If they play it right and not much proof is needed in a civil suit, then this lady might collect lots of money from book deals, movie deals that Baez hopes to get for his work to get her off.

Zaneid's life was ruined by Casey's lies....unless baez is going to use George & Cindy as the people collecting the money for the book deal, otherwise they will collect a lot of money from casey for this. Remember OJ was not guilty and lost a civil suit.

Morgan & Morgan the laughing 3rd party...for the people!
Is the suit against Baez or Casey Anthony? What kind of lawsuit is it?

Old 07-05-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Is the suit against Baez or Casey Anthony? What kind of lawsuit is it?
Against Casey...

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/Cas...CaseID=1450829

The criminal case was allowed to be first...so they are waiting and ready to go...hen a civil case for the murder might be filled but I don't know by whom...maybe the parents...they lost everything and need some of the money from the book and movie deals to save their home and they have no jobs!

Old 07-05-2011, 04:06 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,075,496 times
Quote:
Against Casey...

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/Cas...CaseID=1450829

The criminal case was allowed to be first...so they are waiting and ready to go...hen a civil case for the murder might be filled but I don't know by whom...maybe the parents...they lost everything and need some of the money from the book and movie deals to save their home and they have no jobs!
Im sorry I was under the impression that their house was in foreclosure but it is not . They have not lost everything cbs paid them quite a bucketfull of money for their interview . They have money stored somewhere you can bet George and Cindy are not broke folks.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:29 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times
I wish Zenaida Gonzalez the best of everything, and hope she gets a huge award settlement. It will be a hollow victory for Caylee, but at least it is something. Casey should not profit a dime from this...

Old 07-05-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I wish Zenaida Gonzalez the best of everything, and hope she gets a huge award settlement. It will be a hollow victory for Caylee, but at least it is something. Casey should not profit a dime from this...
It is Baez and Mason's office that will get almost all the money. They probably have a deal that they get 50% of whatever comes in, + Casey owes them for the last 3 years...so IMO Casey will have to make tons of money to get a dime herself.

She probably will go on stealing and committing crimes....and hopefully the public is so smart not to buy the books, magazines out of respect of Caylee but to donate to a charity instead!

Old 07-05-2011, 09:07 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,274,691 times
Who paid for the Baez attorney? Was it Casey's parents?

And, I thought that the Zenaida person was a fabrication (Zannie the nanny).

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 07-05-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
It is Baez and Mason's office that will get almost all the money. They probably have a deal that they get 50% of whatever comes in, + Casey owes them for the last 3 years...so IMO Casey will have to make tons of money to get a dime herself.

She probably will go on stealing and committing crimes....and hopefully the public is so smart not to buy the books, magazines out of respect of Caylee but to donate to a charity instead!
I don't think Casey will owe Baez anything. Baez was being paid by the taxpayers, if I remember correctly, the last bills. I thought whoever hired Baez ran out of money, and Casey was legally declared indigent, therefore, Baez was appointed by the Court to represent her for the remainder of the case.

I would also be very surprised if Baez has any contracts with Casey Anthony to profit from any future earnings made by Casey. I've never heard of anything like that. It is also my guess that Baez may not represent Casey in the civil trial. Lawyers usually specialize in either criminal law or civil law.....I wouldn't hire and attorney who thought he could effectively practice in both areas.

You know, guys, wishing all this bad luck on Casey just may be accumulating a lot of bad karma for yourselves. Just a thought.

As of a hearing in March of 2011 Jose Baez is being paid by taxpayers. Casey will owe him nothing.
http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-nas...hony-s-defense

After hearing arguments from Casey's defense and after questions were raised by the Justice Administrative Commission, Judge Stand Strickland ruled that Florida taxpayers will be paying for Casey Anthony's defense.

Last edited by Morgain; 07-05-2011 at 11:40 PM..

Old 07-06-2011, 03:32 AM

There was a deal made between the Anthony's and Baez in the beginning that will stay stand. That was for future revenues and a risk for Baez, but any attorney knows that in a high profile case there is always a book or movie deal. Baez/Anthony already had received $ 200K. They run out of that money and claimed for non funds so the tax payers could pay..

The one good thing that comes out is that the tax payers are off the hook for appeals, etc..

Casey will lie again and probably run into the wrong person...most of us don't wish bad upon her, but are saying she will not stay out of trouble herself.

Most of us are sick of NO justice for Caylee...that Baez/Mason had the right to celebrate their success is a no brainer but should that have been behind glass doors? Champagne, a jumping lawyer....to me it was like no brains and it was received well by the public. They should have gone to their office or else where behind close doors and celebrate.

Lets see how the public will love to see Casey celebrate more...just watch what kind of people Casey will attrack...there will be a crowd of wannabees hanging around her...OJ had the same and so had many other criminals.

Don't forget she already was convicted for using her best friends credit card...her aunt came out last week about Casey taking money from her grand fathers nursing home account...Cindy admitted that also prior. Than all the misdemenors she now has added. So Casey is not a nice mother who just didn't report her child being missing for 31 days...Wow maybe she will be announced to be mother of the year!

Old 07-06-2011, 04:16 AM

Quote:
There was a deal made between the Anthony's and Baez in the beginning that will stay stand. That was for future revenues and a risk for Baez, but any attorney knows that in a high profile case there is always a book or movie deal. Baez/Anthony already had received $ 200K. They run out of that money and claimed for non funds so the tax payers could pay..

The one good thing that comes out is that the tax payers are off the hook for appeals, etc..

Casey will lie again and probably run into the wrong person...most of us don't wish bad upon her, but are saying she will not stay out of trouble herself.

Most of us are sick of NO justice for Caylee...that Baez/Mason had the right to celebrate their success is a no brainer but should that have been behind glass doors? Champagne, a jumping lawyer....to me it was like no brains and it was received well by the public. They should have gone to their office or else where behind close doors and celebrate.

Lets see how the public will love to see Casey celebrate more...just watch what kind of people Casey will attrack...there will be a crowd of wannabees hanging around her...OJ had the same and so had many other criminals.

Don't forget she already was convicted for using her best friends credit card...her aunt came out last week about Casey taking money from her grand fathers nursing home account...Cindy admitted that also prior. Than all the misdemenors she now has added. So Casey is not a nice mother who just didn't report her child being missing for 31 days...Wow maybe she will be announced to be mother of the year!
That is a good point about the taxpayers not having to pay the huge costs of appeals in a death case. If someone gets the death penalty, there is an automatic appeal and the state pays for it.

Also a good point about having the celebration in a less public place. That probably would have been better.

I like to think that maybe this horrific experience of being on trial for her life will motivate her to change. Can you really imagine how scary it would be to be on trial for your life, knowing that a jury could ultimately send you to be executed?!! I think maybe this experience has caused her to grow up a lot. Seems to me that she really was pretty naive. The people she hung out with were not uneducated, irresponsible people who were drug addicts and never worked. She is young, very young. Young people still have the capacity to change the direction of their lives. I would prefer to think that something positive could come out of this tradegy, and if Casey Anthony grew up, had a big change in the direction of her life, that would be positive. NOTHING can bring back Caylee. NOTHING. All the bad things in the world could happen to Casey Anthony and it will would not bring back Caylee. In fact, if Casey ends up not turning her life around, and mired in more mud, that would be the worst possible outcome for Caylee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime