Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 09:47 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,510,564 times

Advertisements

What do you think of her FIL? He is creepy to the nth degree. Eeeeeeeewwww. If her husband is not a "person of interest" or suspect, they need to look at her FIL. Perhaps they are both guilty in her disappearance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 06:39 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
I sincerly hope that they find this womans body and they put this sleeze and his dad in jail forever or better yet the death penalty for the both of them . I think the husband is a sleeze because he keeps his children away from his wifes parents what a crappy thing to do .. I saw him on the news and I do think he and his dad are guilty as heck .

Old 08-27-2011, 07:57 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Yesterday's update about the battle of the personal diaries/computer logs:
Josh Powell: Wife's Journals 'Are Pertinent' To Her Disappearance - News Story - KIRO Seattle

I thought he was keeping the kids away from the maternal grandparents because they supposingly
had emotionally abused his wife as a younger child/teen. Not sure. This whole story is getting as squirrely as the Anthony case.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:49 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Here in Salt Lake, most people think the husband is guilty. He claims to have taken toddlers camping at midnight in a raging blizzard. And his father was obssessed with Susan and now has her temple garments, the underwear faithful Mormons wear
Creepy doesn't begin to describe it!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:24 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Yesterday's update about the battle of the personal diaries/computer logs:
Josh Powell: Wife's Journals 'Are Pertinent' To Her Disappearance - News Story - KIRO Seattle

I thought he was keeping the kids away from the maternal grandparents because they supposingly
had emotionally abused his wife as a younger child/teen. Not sure. This whole story is getting as squirrely as the Anthony case.
A judge stopped the publication of her journals.

The temporary restraining order, issued in Pierce County Superior Court, orders the husband, Josh Powell, and his father, Steven Powell, to "immediately cease" publication of entries from Susan's private journal.

Court bans publication of Susan Powell's journal | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

Old 08-30-2011, 08:34 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
Ok, I admit it: "I did it! Yep. I did it!" there. I admitted to the crime. Openly and without being forced.

You have as much evidence, I killed that lady, as her husband did, or her father in law. Or the milkman, or a cars salesman, or..... In fact, you have more: I confessed!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:11 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
I have not followed this case in depth but, in reading about this poor lady, the husband taking the children camping at midnight is the strangest thing I have ever heard. That just does not make any sense in any rational way. I think anymore, in these cases, they, the husband or wife just clams up, lawyers up and it often gets them away with having to answer questions, etc.

If I ever get blamed for something, the first thing I would do is get the best lawyer I could find, guilty or not. ...the police have been known to focus on somebody and never move any further....

Old 08-31-2011, 10:07 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,510,564 times
I just saw on Inside Edition that Steve (her FIL) is as aspiring singer/songwriter. He wrote love songs for and about Susan. The show showed the words as he was singing. Corny lyrics, awful voice (he sings like he talks, same soft, gravely voice, eeewwwwwwwwww). Very, very creepy.

I haven't followed this case except for what is being reported on the various TV shows. Is the FIL divorced or widowed? Susan moved from Washington to Utah with her family to get away from her FIL. I believe he lived with them at some point. What is her husband's reaction to this creepy scenario? Are these people Mormans? (the Utah connection).

Old 09-01-2011, 08:17 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
What do you think of her FIL? He is creepy to the nth degree. Eeeeeeeewwww. If her husband is not a "person of interest" or suspect, they need to look at her FIL. Perhaps they are both guilty in her disappearance.
Agree. The FIL and husband are both WEIRD. Watched an interview with Susan Powells parents, they deny their daughter was involved with the FIL. Naturally, they'll deny the abuse allegations as well. Adult children aren't required to disclose their entire life to their parents.
I still think its the husband, the obssession is a big red flag. Spouses who idolize their partners can be dangerous when their affections are alienated.

Last edited by virgode; 09-01-2011 at 08:27 AM..

Old 09-14-2011, 08:13 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Police searching the Utah desert in connection with the 2009 disappearance of Susan Cox Powell found human remains Wednesday near Topaz Mountains. There is no confirmation yet as to whether the remains are of Powell, but they were found in an area that authorities said is popular with rock hounds and where her husband, Josh Powell, liked to camp.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52...alley.html.csp

Last edited by CarolinaWoman; 09-14-2011 at 08:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime