Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 09:51 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Police searching the Utah desert in connection with the 2009 disappearance of Susan Cox Powell found human remains Wednesday near Topaz Mountains. There is no confirmation yet as to whether the remains are of Powell, but they were found in an area that authorities said is popular with rock hounds and where her husband, Josh Powell, liked to camp.

Search for Susan Powell turns up human remains | The Salt Lake Tribune

Who wants to bet it is her and I hope it is , that way her parents will know for sure and that POS husband can bar be que !!! I want more of these sickos to rot so that women will stop being murdered by their so called husbands or women will wise up and become pro active in their own self protection .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 05:24 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Well, they've now found some human remains in the Utah desert and they're saying these remains are "fairly recent," meaning nothing more, really, than "not ancient." One reporter said that it's not extremely unusual for bones to be found in this remote area, so the police and family are remaining cautious about the possibility that they might be Susan's. The one thing I picked up on, though, is that they said the bones were found in a shallow grave. Obviously, if someone had died of either exposure/starvation or suicide, the body would have been out in the open. I don't see how the remains could have been those of anyone other than a murder victim if they were found in a shallow grave. None of the reporters mentioned that, but I thought it was significant myself.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:44 PM

5,582 posts, read 6,510,564 times
I knew that her POS husband took the two babies camping at midnight (on a Sunday) in a snowstorm and very cold weather, which is very suspicious in itself, but I heard today that he "forgot" he had to work the next morning. WTH(heck)??????? C'mon, if the detectives haven't been actively pursuing her husband, they're "Keystone Kops".

Old 09-15-2011, 08:24 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Who wants to bet it is her and I hope it is , that way her parents will know for sure and that POS husband can bar be que !!! I want more of these sickos to rot so that women will stop being murdered by their so called husbands or women will wise up and become pro active in their own self protection .
I hope it's Susan too ... her family has suffered enough. The area where the remains were found is close to where her pond scum husband camped.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:00 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Haven't they said now that there are no human remains ? I read that, I think, on FoxNews.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Haven't they said now that there are no human remains ? I read that, I think, on FoxNews.

The Salt Lake Tribune Newspaper - Updated 29 minutes ago ... so no remains found just hits by the cadaver dogs.

Rain halts efforts at Susan Powell search site | The Salt Lake Tribune

Fox News September 15, 2011

Authorities Say No Remains Found In Missing Utah Mom Search | Fox News

Shep Smith just announced on Fox News ... no human remains!

That is why I just love the media.

Her parents have been through this several times already with remains being found ... but not Susan.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:29 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
At least I am safe, not married, no boyfriend.

This woman is dead, and I believe the husband did it. I doubt he will ever be convicted.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:44 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
Now, bear in mind that being weird doesn't mean you committed a crime. Poor missing Susan may have been the weirdest one in the family.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:50 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
.Shep Smith just announced on Fox News ... no human remains!

That is why I just love the media.

I know... If you believe media reports you're going to be led astray.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I know... If you believe media reports you're going to be led astray.

We are so inundated with news ... network news, cable news, every newspaper in the world available on the internet along with local TV stations in every place reporting.

During the Casey Anthony trial after sitting here watching the trial on CNN live streaming on the internet ... no commercials ... no talking heads and then reading various news outlets ... I found off the wall reporting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime