Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2024, 11:44 AM

2,070 posts, read 892,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Did the burglar say they killed her, made concrete anchors, drove her 90 miles to a bay to dump her?

And why would a burglar go to such and extend to remove the body from the alleged crime scene?
It is very risky, not enough time to even find anchors, ties, etc.

The burglar could have hoped to get some reputation in jail? Or simply was bored, have nothing to do, the case was famous and all over the TV etc and he was trying to incorporate himself into that dubious “fame”

Bet it was just tales they are telling each other to kill time…
(Didn’t watch your video)- is there anything solid besides “he said”?)

From the comment section beneath the video:

> How about he told Amber he “lost his wife” BEFORE she went missing? How about the camera that caught him smiling, laughing and on the phone with Amber at Lacey's vigil? How about he sold Lacy’s truck BEFORE he knew she wouldn’t be found alive? How about he owned a boat no one knew he had... Lacey's mum said she didn't know about the boat. He never went fishing before and had told others he went golfing, not fishing that day. Too many “coincidences” here.

And my favorite:

> If Scott Peterson is innocent then I’m Zanny the Nanny.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2024, 11:08 AM

10,118 posts, read 1,025,087 times
Why is Scott Peterson still alive - he should have been given the death penalty!

Old 03-03-2024, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandorrei View Post
Why is Scott Peterson still alive - he should have been given the death penalty!
He was.

> In 2020, the California Supreme Court overturned Peterson’s death sentence after finding that potential jurors were erroneously dismissed, partly because they expressed general objections to the death penalty on a questionnaire.

> But the state’s high court upheld the convictions, finding the trial itself was fair. In 2021, Peterson was resentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

https://www.ksbw.com/article/los-ang...erson/46456498

The Los Angeles Innocence Project is currently representing Scott Peterson.

Old 03-03-2024, 03:23 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
He was.

> In 2020, the California Supreme Court overturned Peterson’s death sentence after finding that potential jurors were erroneously dismissed, partly because they expressed general objections to the death penalty on a questionnaire.

> But the state’s high court upheld the convictions, finding the trial itself was fair. In 2021, Peterson was resentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

https://www.ksbw.com/article/los-ang...erson/46456498

The Los Angeles Innocence Project is currently representing Scott Peterson.

This whole case has become a farce and a mockery of justice... I feel for Lacey,Connor and her family! Such a miscarriage of justice to waste time and money on that pos!

Old 03-06-2024, 10:25 AM

1,224 posts, read 516,251 times
Judge grants Scott Peterson status hearing after LA Innocence Project filings
https://abcnews.go.com/US/judge-gran...y?id=107794535

Old 03-18-2024, 05:22 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
He comes off in a very strange way here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VGi_HBF1to

Old 03-18-2024, 07:09 PM

Interesting observations by Dr. G, psychologist & body language expert.
Yes, the steady gaze of a psychopath resonates. I noticed it before checking Dr. G's take .. & wondered how it made Diane Sawyer feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKJhKi4YRCM

Favorite comment;

"I've looked harder for fries at the bottom of a McDonald's bag than this guy did for his murdered wife and baby."

> on Jan. 8, 2003, about two weeks after he reported his wife missing, Scott Peterson changed their account to include the Playboy Channel and altered the service again five days later to include more explicit adult channels, Toy said.

> Toy said that on Feb. 18, while authorities searched the Peterson home, Scott Peterson called EchoStar to cancel the service and told a company operator he was leaving the country.

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna5595358

I guess he wasn't expecting the missus to return anytime soon.

Old 03-18-2024, 07:23 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
Interesting observations by Dr. G, psychologist & body language expert.
Yes, the steady gaze of a psychopath resonates. I noticed it before checking Dr. G's take .. & wondered how it made Diane Sawyer feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKJhKi4YRCM

Favorite comment;

"I've looked harder for fries at the bottom of a McDonald's bag than this guy did for his murdered wife and baby."

> on Jan. 8, 2003, about two weeks after he reported his wife missing, Scott Peterson changed their account to include the Playboy Channel and altered the service again five days later to include more explicit adult channels, Toy said.

> Toy said that on Feb. 18, while authorities searched the Peterson home, Scott Peterson called EchoStar to cancel the service and told a company operator he was leaving the country.

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna5595358

I guess he wasn't expecting the missus to return anytime soon.

I believe Peterson did it too. However, the idea of calling someone a "psychopath" based on the way they gaze is silly. It means nothing to me. It wouldn't be the first time a psychologist claimed to know something he really had no clue about. Thank goodness we don't put people in prison based on the way that they gaze.

Old 03-18-2024, 08:40 PM

2,396 posts, read 1,067,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
This whole case has become a farce and a mockery of justice... I feel for Lacey,Connor and her family! Such a miscarriage of justice to waste time and money on that pos!
Agree.

It should be a throw away the key situation....

Old 03-19-2024, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I believe Peterson did it too. However, the idea of calling someone a "psychopath" based on the way they gaze is silly. It means nothing to me. It wouldn't be the first time a psychologist claimed to know something he really had no clue about. Thank goodness we don't put people in prison based on the way that they gaze.
WADR My guess is that you didn't watch the video. Neither myself or the doctor made any such statement.

Nevertheless there is research that lends credibility to the psychopath's gaze.

Researchers have long noted that psychopathic individuals display certain behaviors during nonverbal communication, including the so-called psychopathic stare. The study analyzed video interviews with 507 inmates, using tracking algorithms to measure head movements. Inmates who scored high in antisocial traits — a facet of psychopathy — tended to keep their heads still.

Studies have documented that psychopaths’ pupils do not dilate when viewing scary or graphic images and that they tend to hold gazes uncomfortably long — especially when engaging in deception or persuasion.

A new study published in the Journal of Research in Personality offers new insights into the psychopathic stare, finding that inmates who scored high in psychopathic traits tended not to move their heads much during forensic interviews. It is a finding that may be connected to the neurological underpinnings of the condition.

BIG THINK

The study was not designed to determine why psychopathic individuals with especially high antisocial traits limited their head movements. But the researchers proposed a hypothesis: amygdala dysfunction, “a hallmark neurobiological feature of psychopathy, affecting emotional processing, reinforcement learning, and interpersonal interactions.”

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime