Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 11:05 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
The last time I was in Miami it was like a foreign country and I felt like I wasn't even in the USA.
What's the USA supposed to feel like? Can't be New York or California.

Quote:
Is Sanford any better, as far as the schools, gangs and violence. I'm not familiar with Sanford, our son lives in Sarasota.
I have no idea what your post has to do with this case, however. But to answer your question, Sanford has a high non-White population, assuming that's what you're asking. About 30% of its residents are Black and only about 45% are White, non-Hispanic.

[URL="http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/12/1263650.html"]SOURCE: US Census[/URL]

Last edited by justNancy; 07-02-2013 at 11:16 PM.. Reason: add link

Old 07-02-2013, 11:06 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,411,614 times
Exclamation enough already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
The thing I don't get with all the arguments on Zimmerman's side, is that they make him out to be such a victim because he was getting punched or his head was getting hit against the ground. Why does that give him the right to shoot Martin, when he was pursuing Martin, and Martin was fighting back in his own self defense. So in Florida, if I were to chase someone with a gun, that person turns around and fights me to protect himself, I then can call that self defense and shoot the guy? That doesn't make any sense- and if that is how the law currently is in Florida, it needs to be changed ASAP!
First off...George was not 'pursuing' the little punk, he was 'following' him in order to keep an eye on him
so he could direct the Police when they arrived. Martin approached George and initiated the encounter.
K

Old 07-02-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
First off...George was not 'pursuing' the little punk, he was 'following' him in order to keep an eye on him
so he could direct the Police when they arrived. Martin approached George and initiated the encounter.
K
Glad to know we have some clairvoyants on the forums.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:29 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,971,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Look at the example you're giving here. It's the way many people are looking at this case and it's wrong. First of all, if I saw someone burglarizing my neighbor's home, I'd call the police. However, even if I went over to investigate, it would be to protect my neighbor's home that someone was invading. Trayvon Martin wasn't breaking into a house. He wasn't doing anything but walking home.
My neighbor passed away on March 1. Prior to her death all the family stayed at the hospital 24/7. During that period of time a white Cadillac pulled up in their driveway and a BRIGHT redheaded woman got out ... went into the house and started hauling things out and placing them in the trunk of the Caddy. The house was clean no trash I know.

I sent hubby over there to see who in the world was hauling things out of our neighbor's home. It was my neighbor's 70 year old mom ... just bought her Caddy and just had her hair dyed bright red with finger nails to match. The mother had been staying there before my neighbor went into the hospital ... but she had a Chevy and gray hair.

Hubby walked over there and started laughing after he saw it was our neighbor's mother.

We do watch out for each other in my neighborhood, on my road at least we live in the country. We have 4 acres, neighbor has 4, another neighbor has 5 acres. It's not an Official Neighborhood Watch, just our road watches out for each other since we only have 5 homes on our road.

If the Zimmerman neighborhood has been having break-ins or problems I can understand patrolling the area. According to the maps they have shown people are packed in there. I just don't feel like they have enough evidence to convict Zimmerman. Unfortunately I feel all hell will break loose in Sanford if Zimmerman is found not guilty. So far the Prosecution has given the defense reasonable doubt for the jury to consider.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:41 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,971,298 times
Quote:

I have no idea what your post has to do with this case, however. But to answer your question, Sanford has a high non-White population, assuming that's what you're asking. About 30% of its residents are Black and only about 45% are White, non-Hispanic.
Well ..... yes it certainly does ... was Sanford a better place for the mother to send her son or did mother just dump her son in Sanford to get rid of him.

The last time in Miami ... we don't have stores where the cashier is behind bullet proof glass and a little drawer is pushed out to take your money ... in addition we speak English .... the hotel where we stayed advertised they spoke 5 languages ... but one of them wasn't English. We had problems with the air conditioning in the room and they had to send 5 different maintenance men to the room before we got one that we could communicate with.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
I sent hubby over there to see who in the world was hauling things out of our neighbor's home. It was my neighbor's 70 year old mom ... just bought her Caddy and just had her hair dyed bright red with finger nails to match. The mother had been staying there before my neighbor went into the hospital ... but she had a Chevy and gray hair.

Hubby walked over there and started laughing after he saw it was our neighbor's mother.
Yes, but that's my point. We also have a NW group where I live. Did your husband walk over to your neighbor's house wearing a loaded gun ready to fire? I also assume he began politely talking to the woman, identifying himself and didn't follow her around in the dark.

Again, I feel as if I'm banging my head against the wall, since you are talking about seeing someone moving stuff out of your neighbor's house. Trayvon Martin was only walking home. These are 2 entirely different circumstances. There was no urgency in stopping Trayvon, since he wasn't stealing anything or hurting anyone.

I agree there isn't a lot of damning evidence against Zimmerman, but there are still a lot of questions unanswered. We don't know what happened that night and I certainly wouldn't stand by and let someone shoot me. For all you know, Zimmerman threatened him with a gun and the victim was only trying to save his own life. Past incidents prove Zimmerman was a loose cannon.

Why are so many people treating a man who has a past record of domestic violence and assault as a hero? He's a lunatic. Is he guilty of murder? I have no idea. Maybe not, but he wasn't "doing his job" as so many of you claim. He would be doing his job if he were a police officer and a police officer would have been driving around in a cruiser and identified himself. Trayvon Martin was not running from a marked cop car or a uniformed officer. He was running from a creepy guy following him in a dark SUV, who then got out of that SUV and went after him.

Last edited by justNancy; 07-03-2013 at 12:18 AM..

Old 07-03-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Well ..... yes it certainly does ... was Sanford a better place for the mother to send her son or did mother just dump her son in Sanford to get rid of him.
Huh?? If you think this has anything to do with the case, there's no point in discussing it with you.

He was visiting his father. Are you saying if his mother wanted his Dad to spend some time with his son, he had to be living in an upscale neighborhood? George Zimmerman was renting a townhouse in the same community, so are you saying he shouldn't have lived there either? I need to stop now because I'm getting a headache.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:54 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:
Look at the example you're giving here. It's the way many people are looking at this case and it's wrong. First of all, if I saw someone burglarizing my neighbor's home, I'd call the police. However, even if I went over to investigate, it would be to protect my neighbor's home that someone was invading. Trayvon Martin wasn't breaking into a house. He wasn't doing anything but walking home.
In my example I did not say that they saw somebody breaking in. Yes, if you see somebody breaking in; it is a job for the police. However, if you see something that does not look right; you want to get a better look - before you make a fool of yourself to the police. You don't want to be labeled as a crack-pot or just a busy-body. You want something (a broken window or door) before you call.

That same pressure could have been on GZ that terrible night. We want to be credible - we want others to believe us. By keeping a close eye on Trayvon; GZ wanted to give the police good information.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:07 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Only racists will say this a Trevon being targeted, all others will look at the evidence that is paper thin and a grand jury probably wouldn't have stated to file charges.

This has nothing to do with racism just with a lot of burglaries of young people who fit a certain description...if these burglaries didnt happen than this would have not had happened!

Old 07-03-2013, 06:18 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
I found it interesting that Zimmerman thought the entire situation had been caught on video and was relieved, that the video would validate his story..

I really did not find the Medical Examiner too credible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime