Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 08:25 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times

Advertisements

Some quick commentds:

1) In my recent business past, I had to travel extensively all over the US, based in the (apparently v. peaceful and bland..) NorthWest, in central WA State. God, do we apparently have it good out here!

Anyhow, I traveled more than once to the "wondrously peaceful" () inner cities of Miami and other east coast cities, (downtown Boston: Yikes!; Philly, Newark (You'd best have your own M1A Abrams with flame thrower option. What a horrible place!~) and was told, in no uncertain terms, by the folks who I was meeting with, by my Taxi drivers, and by the hotel staff, to NOT go out at night, even in the sumertime.

Silly me, I thought "What could possibly go wrong After all, we're talking about my fellow man, who has nothing but peaceful interchange on his mind!?" and the very first night I did that, still sunny out, I was "greeted" by a fine member of the black race/tribe/group/social cohort. Complete with the knife he'd apparently been raised with shoved in my very frightened face, and with some unintelligible comment like

"You gq#$@#57^&^% me your **%&@ ****in' watch, man, or I'll flat-ass k%^&l your whitey ass!"

Now honest, folks: I definitely heard the "whitey ass" comment part, and also saw a very "interesting" look in this kid's eyes, like he had a genetic disposition to hate me, an ex-Canuck, NW person of truly peaceful intentions. Talk about racial profiling on his part!

Well! Of all the individualistic nerve, huh? Fortunately, a really big Fillipino dude who ran the nearby 7-11 happened to come out of his store to put something in his car and, instantly recognizing the "perp" as a local ner-do-well, and ran over towards the two of us. At that point, the otherwise nice, friendly local spokeman for the community decided it was time to make a break for it. He took off running and swearing back at both of us, and I then walked, shakily, into the 7-11 until the coast was clear.

Lovely, huh? Of course, this is otherwise unheard of out there. Ever. Travon notwithstanding.

2) George Z has, in fact, a history, traceable and documented, of helping black and Hispanic folks, helping out in community outreach centers, and so on. Hardly a racist "cracker". Frankly it was a v. good thing he had that firearm, and it's exactly why I now ALWAYS carry, all the time, in big cities, where, trust me, you can now fully expect to be assaulted, even as in my case, within half a block of a brand-new Marriott hotel, I being an otherwise limping, disabled and v. susceptible-looking 65 yr old "whitey cracker".

Nope. Not going to happen to me, ever. But now, having watched this courtroom farce ,I also know exactly what to say on a 911 call, and also what to say, loudly, for any possible witnesses, incl. the very eloquent and VERY BIASED black female witness here (what a freakin' show of unbiased witnessing as I've ever heard of...)

Prosecution? You lose, officially, due to this one witness alone! You might as well give up right now! Even if GZ were wildly guilty, she stole that opp from the prosecution's case. Gawd: there actually are the supposedly continuously downtrodden black people that biased out there against us apparently white folk...(mock gasp... )

"Yes SIR!" "Yes SIR...Mr Lawyer<yawn>) "Yes, frickin' White lawyer, SIR!"

Me be the judge, I'd have her forcibly removed from the courtroom. Maybe she should spend some time in Yee Olde Gaol for wild under-oath lying like a friggin' doormat. Seems she only wants to burn down an innocent guy (who is not even "pure white trash", but rather a man of easily documented and varied racial backgrounds himself!) with her seemingly endless line of lies, huh?

Sorry boyz: no sale! And George, you're free to go, but don't forget to pick up your legally owned and carried sidearm on the way out!

Old 07-03-2013, 08:25 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I can answer that.

People are like lemmings. Someone posts a little tidbit, completely out of context, and a certain group will follow that poster's ramblings right over the edge, never bothering to actually read, learn, and use common sense. Those lemmings are also referred to as Trayvonistas and Traybots because they follow without using the brains. Not unlike 0bots, if you know what I mean.

The Zimmerman threads in the political section are filled with posts made by babbling fools who ADMIT they haven't watched any of the trial. They've believe what the media has told them, beginning with Sweet Little Trayvon wrapped in his white fleece hoodie blankie.
The media is poisoning America. It is 100% obvious to reasonably intelligent people.

But since I'm a racist (I'm not, but because I believe George is innocent BASED ON THE FACTS, I might as well toss that out there), I'm just hoping the jury doesn't bring any bias into their decision. Voir dire doesn't always separate the wheat from the chaff.
You mean like THOSE types of ramblings???
I would certainly classify the bolded portion of your post as 'a little tidbit, completely out of contest'.
(not to mention, I have never seen any baby pictures of Trayvon, have you? You left out the 'onsies' in this particular post, I see)

Old 07-03-2013, 08:37 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
But he did call the police, way before he got out of the car. He called the police when Trayvon was not even commiting a crime. He was advised not to follow TM but Zimmerman is not very smart and his paranoia blocks his limited thinking skills. GZ is a paranoic impulsive angry man who will get away with murder because of some archaic Florida state laws. He will be back in jail eventually, it is only a matter of time like with OJ and Aaron Hernandez.
I do admit that the prosecution is doing a better job this week. But; I would expect that. They did make the decision to arrest GZ. The first week went so poorly for the prosecution that there was almost no need for a defense case.

As much as everybody hated the 'knock-knock' joke; GZ's lawyers are sharp and doing doing a great job. Of course we have not heard the defense case.

As far as GZ being a repeat offender: The examples you quote had different motivation. I don't think you can see that easily into the future - unless you are talking about a crime with a high recidivism rate (like pedophiles).

Old 07-03-2013, 08:38 AM

3,979 posts, read 2,359,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Some quick commentds:

1) In my recent business past, I had to travel extensively all over the US, based in the (apparently v. peaceful and bland..) NorthWest, in central WA State. God, do we apparently have it good out here!

Anyhow, I traveled more than once to the "wondrously peaceful" () inner cities of Miami and other east coast cities, (downtown Boston: Yikes!; Philly, Newark (You'd best have your own M1A Abrams with flame thrower option. What a horrible place!~) and was told, in no uncertain terms, by the folks who I was meeting with, by my Taxi drivers, and by the hotel staff, to NOT go out at night, even in the sumertime.

Silly me, I thought "What could possibly go wrong After all, we're talking about my fellow man, who has nothing but peaceful interchange on his mind!?" and the very first night I did that, still sunny out, I was "greeted" by a fine member of the black race/tribe/group/social cohort. Complete with the knife he'd apparently been raised with shoved in my very frightened face, and with some unintelligible comment like

"You gq#$@#57^&^% me your **%&@ ****in' watch, man, or I'll flat-ass k%^&l your whitey ass!"

Now honest, folks: I definitely heard the "whitey ass" comment part, and also saw a very "interesting" look in this kid's eyes, like he had a genetic disposition to hate me, an ex-Canuck, NW person of truly peaceful intentions. Talk about racial profiling on his part!

Well! Of all the individualistic nerve, huh? Fortunately, a really big Fillipino dude who ran the nearby 7-11 happened to come out of his store to put something in his car and, instantly recognizing the "perp" as a local ner-do-well, and ran over towards the two of us. At that point, the otherwise nice, friendly local spokeman for the community decided it was time to make a break for it. He took off running and swearing back at both of us, and I then walked, shakily, into the 7-11 until the coast was clear.

Lovely, huh? Of course, this is otherwise unheard of out there. Ever. Travon notwithstanding.

2) George Z has, in fact, a history, traceable and documented, of helping black and Hispanic folks, helping out in community outreach centers, and so on. Hardly a racist "cracker". Frankly it was a v. good thing he had that firearm, and it's exactly why I now ALWAYS carry, all the time, in big cities, where, trust me, you can now fully expect to be assaulted, even as in my case, within half a block of a brand-new Marriott hotel, I being an otherwise limping, disabled and v. susceptible-looking 65 yr old "whitey cracker".

Nope. Not going to happen to me, ever. But now, having watched this courtroom farce ,I also know exactly what to say on a 911 call, and also what to say, loudly, for any possible witnesses, incl. the very eloquent and VERY BIASED black female witness here (what a freakin' show of unbiased witnessing as I've ever heard of...)

Prosecution? You lose, officially, due to this one witness alone! You might as well give up right now! Even if GZ were wildly guilty, she stole that opp from the prosecution's case. Gawd: there actually are the supposedly continuously downtrodden black people that biased out there against us apparently white folk...(mock gasp... )

"Yes SIR!" "Yes SIR...Mr Lawyer<yawn>) "Yes, frickin' White lawyer, SIR!"

Me be the judge, I'd have her forcibly removed from the courtroom. Maybe she should spend some time in Yee Olde Gaol for wild under-oath lying like a friggin' doormat. Seems she only wants to burn down an innocent guy (who is not even "pure white trash", but rather a man of easily documented and varied racial backgrounds himself!) with her seemingly endless line of lies, huh?

Sorry boyz: no sale! And George, you're free to go, but don't forget to pick up your legally owned and carried sidearm on the way out!
^^^This is the definition of a diatribe. Not even a clever one The jury will decide GZ's fate. I don't even think the defense would let you on the jury.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:04 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,975,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I do admit that the prosecution is doing a better job this week. But; I would expect that. They did make the decision to arrest GZ. The first week went so poorly for the prosecution that there was almost no need for a defense case.

As much as everybody hated the 'knock-knock' joke; GZ's lawyers are sharp and doing doing a great job. Of course we have not heard the defense case.

As far as GZ being a repeat offender: The examples you quote had different motivation. I don't think you can see that easily into the future - unless you are talking about a crime with a high recidivism rate (like pedophiles).
All of them have uncontrollable anger issues. They act violently without thinking about the consequences. Remember GZ has a troubled past too, this is not the first time his irrational anger leads him to trouble. Assuming he is telling the truth, had he used half of his brain he would have waited for the police or at least explain to Trayvon who he was. He is an angry impulsive dude with a gun who just makes quick conclusions with little facts. On top of that GZ thinks everybody is out to get him. Paranoia, agressiveness and lack of good thinking skills are a toxic combination. Of course no one can predict the future but but I think GZ will be in trouble again unless he receives good therapy. GZ is not well and all these people supporting his irrational behavior are only enforcing his dangerous personality.

No doubt in my mind he will be found not guilty because it s a difficult case to prove beyond reasonable doubt but that doesn't mean he is not a dangerous man.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:11 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
All of them have uncontrollable anger issues. They act violently without thinking about the consequences. Remember GZ has a troubled past too, this is not the first time his irrational anger leads him to trouble. Assuming he is telling the truth, had he used half of his brain he would have waited for the police or at least explain to Trayvon who he was. He is an angry impulsive dude with a gun who just makes quick conclusions with little facts. On top of that GZ thinks everybody is out to get him. Paranoia, agressiveness and lack of good thinking skills are a toxic combination. Of course no one can predict the future but but I think GZ will be in trouble again unless he receives good therapy. GZ is not well and all these people supporting his irrational behavior are only enforcing his dangerous personality.

No doubt in my mind he will be found not guilty because it s a difficult case to prove beyond reasonable doubt but that doesn't mean he is not a dangerous man.
With the two cited cases of "trouble" in GZ's past - in both cases the charges were reduced (as far as I know).

In this trial a lot has been left in about GZ's past. Nothing has been left in about Trayvons' - of course he is dead and cannot defend himself. But, since we have no witness as to who threw the first punch; I would think that the past history of both involved should be scrutinized. We don't even have the toxicology report on Trayvon.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:20 AM

Just suppose GZ stayed in his ****ing car!!! This trial and thread wouldn't have existed

Old 07-03-2013, 09:30 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,903,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
TM said this, huh And this is true because GZ says so More ESP from the Zimmerbots The farce is this nonsensical posting
Damn, calm down with this "zimerbot" stuff(what does that even mean?) and ease with the emoticoms. Debate rationally, not by using one sentence outbursts. This is starting to be like the posting I would see in the P&C forum.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:32 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,975,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
With the two cited cases of "trouble" in GZ's past - in both cases the charges were reduced (as far as I know).

In this trial a lot has been left in about GZ's past. Nothing has been left in about Trayvons' - of course he is dead and cannot defend himself. But, since we have no witness as to who threw the first punch; I would think that the past history of both involved should be scrutinized. We don't even have the toxicology report on Trayvon.
He will ran out of luck eventually. You just don't stop acting irrationally and impulsively just because your face was on national TV. He shot the gun not TM. He took away a life in seconds after acting very irresponsibly. He won't do jail time but he will be a repeat offender if he doesn't realize what went wrong that night and how he contributed to the escalation of these events. I doubt he will change but miracles do happen.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:50 AM

^^^This!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime