Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 11:23 AM

4,029 posts, read 2,383,659 times

Advertisements

^^^More diatribe. You act like GZ got convicted. GZ will not rest. You can forget that.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:35 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,241,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
A jury of Zimmerman's peers? How many Jewish Hispanics are there? I would load up the jury with older folks, those who have feared youth gangs, young hoodlum punks. If they can make Trayvon look like a punk, looking for trouble, maybe Zimmerman has a chance. A lot will depend on this judge. If nothing about Trayvon's prior acts is allowed, and he is portrayed as "saint Trayvon", Zimmerman is in a world of hurt.

Have to let you know, George Zimmerman is NOT Jewish. Just because he has a Jewish last name, doesn't make him Jewish. Well I guess a lot of people on this thread got their wish. A over zealous person with a gun took the life of a teenage minding his business, even though he was told to discontinue his pursuit and stay in his car.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:36 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,659,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
I am sure this diatribe helps you sleep at night but you nor anyone else doesn't know who's voice was screaming for help. Zimmerbots love using their ESP to figure things out
Forget about ESP, have you ever heard of common sense? Wonder if a class would be available somewhere?
The jury had it but kind of sad that some don't. Anyway, Not Guilty goes a long way with the "who was screaming for help question" just for the people without any common sense.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:37 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,407,327 times
What is very interesting, is to read posts at the beginning of this thread. I read some of my own posts, pretty much right on, no evidence, no proof.

I also find the vilifying of the prosecution by the people with an agenda, are portraying them as incompetent racists. And considering civil charges against them? Interesting.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:44 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,190,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Have to let you know, George Zimmerman is NOT Jewish. Just because he has a Jewish last name, doesn't make him Jewish. Well I guess a lot of people on this thread got their wish. A over zealous person with a gun took the life of a teenage minding his business, even though he was told to discontinue his pursuit and stay in his car.
What is over zealous about protecting your own life!

It was not that long ago that your wife had asked about buying a weapon to protect you and your son. I recommended against it because you lacked training and your emotions were running high. Supposedly you had terrible neighbors that beat you. If that story was true; you could have been in GZ's shoes - except you would have been protecting your own family. But, without training, you could have taken out an innocent bystander.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:04 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,659,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
What is very interesting, is to read posts at the beginning of this thread. I read some of my own posts, pretty much right on, no evidence, no proof.

I also find the vilifying of the prosecution by the people with an agenda, are portraying them as incompetent racists. And considering civil charges against them? Interesting.
I just find it really insulting that the public is misled by calling him a "child", afraid, eating his skittle's, so innocent, pictures from his childhood rather than now. Then we have the other one who went to battle with the police force over a homeless black man put forth as a "racist" because he was asked for a description and he had the NERVE to say "black".
People dropping dead like flies in black neighborhoods because they are killing each other and actual REAL little children but because this man has a lighter colored skin, he is the object of hate and all of the black leaders pouncing on him trying to blame it on race when their golden child had broken his nose, pressing down on the broken nose, was slamming the guy's head against the sidewalk, punching him over and over in the face.
Then its "well, he shouldn't have been carrying a gun". The gun was in his holster, the golden child didn't even know about the gun.

Well, maybe that is the REASON he was carrying a gun and I'm sorry for the death but maybe someone should have taught him it is NOT okay to attack people and bash their heads against the sidewalk. I saw a boy die after getting beat like that. Take me out with a bullet anyday.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:13 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,823,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I just find it really insulting that the public is misled by calling him a "child", afraid, eating his skittle's, so innocent, pictures from his childhood rather than now. Then we have the other one who went to battle with the police force over a homeless black man put forth as a "racist" because he was asked for a description and he had the NERVE to say "black".
People dropping dead like flies in black neighborhoods because they are killing each other and actual REAL little children but because this man has a lighter colored skin, he is the object of hate and all of the black leaders pouncing on him trying to blame it on race when their golden child had broken his nose, pressing down on the broken nose, was slamming the guy's head against the sidewalk, punching him over and over in the face.
Then its "well, he shouldn't have been carrying a gun". The gun was in his holster, the golden child didn't even know about the gun.

Well, maybe that is the REASON he was carrying a gun and I'm sorry for the death but maybe someone should have taught him it is NOT okay to attack people and bash their heads against the sidewalk. I saw a boy die after getting beat like that. Take me out with a bullet anyday.
In most likely versions of the interchange Tryvon was well within his rights and would also have beaten the charge if he had badly hurt or killed GZ.

The Florida law simply allows such behavior.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:18 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,844,279 times
I just cannot believe that he wasn't convicted of something. The kid was unarmed, and of all weapons of choice Zimmerman could've had to use, it was a gun??? I tried to keep in mind that I didn't know all of the facts and still probably don't, but I just don't understand the logic of shooting this kid point blank.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:29 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,879,089 times
I lived next door to Sanford, Florida in Deltona. While some parts of Sanford are pretty nice not all of it is someplace you would want to walk in at night. You can live in a nice gated community there but that is no guarantee it will keep the people on the other side of the fence from coming in. That is what happened here IMO. TM wasn't just strolling along eating his Skittles, he may very well have been up to no good. It has been reported he has been arrested with burglary tools in the past.

I would challenge anyone who thinks all people are law abiding, nice people to move into a low income housing complex for a while. My Sons managed them for a while and they went into it with the opinion all people are basically the same and nice. After 4 years of living among them they have a whole new outlook on the subject. The properties they managed were pretty new and nice at one time. It didn't take long for the residents to destroy it. Garbage just tossed out of cars (not just a little but full bags), loud music booming out of cars at all hours, and just generally a low class approach to life. The cops would not even come there alone and pizza delivery would stop at 5 pm because they would get robbed and possibly killed at night (one Chinese delivery man WAS killed for a few bucks).

If you still think all people are created equal at the end of you living among them for a while, I will retract my opinion, but I bet I don't have to do that. There are some very nice people of every race, but there are others who did not have the same upbringing and respect for others instilled into them. Those are the ones we have to be concerned about. George was just protecting his home, his family, and his neighbors homes. You saw how even his black neighbors liked and respected George.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, if the black community wants to ever erase racism they need to start cleaning up their own house. There is way too much violence among their young people, too many guns being carried, too many drugs being sold, and too many women accepting that a man can come along and make you pregnant then leave, because "that is what men do." NO, it is not what a MAN does, it is what too many black men do, and what too many women put up with. And guess who gets to support all of those kids and moms ???

Don

Last edited by don1945; 07-15-2013 at 12:40 PM..

Old 07-15-2013, 12:33 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,929,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
In most likely versions of the interchange Tryvon was well within his rights and would also have beaten the charge if he had badly hurt or killed GZ.

The Florida law simply allows such behavior.
That would be incorrect. The florida law does not allow one to wait in ambush, punch someone in the face without physical provocation, and bash his head in on the sidewalk by any standards of the law, even when confronted by what he perceives as a "creepy ass cr*cker". If the police arrived they would look at bruises on GZ, lack of bruises on TM...oh yeah, he would be going to jail.

Sort of related to this - what they really should do is clarify the standards of assault with a deadly weapon. In some municipalities, baseball bats, numchucks, batons, using those in an assault is as serious as using a firearm. You hit someone with a bat, you mind as well shoot him, since the jail time will be the same. Carrying one of those retractable battons concealed, or even a set of brass knuckles, can get you in as much trouble as a firearm. Now GZ ended the threat before the slab of concrete did him in and caused serious harm, but a thing to consider is deadly weapon clauses could have been extended to TM's assualt, had he survived. Might be a stretch, but no more then this entire trial fiasco.

Last edited by Dd714; 07-15-2013 at 12:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime