Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 04:27 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd View Post
It is interesting isn't it? You heard about the fear of riots if Zimmerman was let free. Yet, there wasn't any talk of riots if he was found guilty.

Sometimes I wish we could go to some alternate reality and see what would have happened if the roles were reversed.
That has always been something I wondered about. If we whites get upset about some decision like this we don't take to the streets and loot and burn. But if it happens to someone black all of a sudden we have to start worrying about them rioting. Are we more civilized, or what ?

Don

Old 07-15-2013, 04:47 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I thought it a reasonable question. Not all of us stayed glued to the trial Tami.
I watched 30 mins of the trial the day they wrapped up the arguments. I "watched" it on the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
"darker skinned" male!

So now people are afraid to say black
I think that was said because neither of them were white and a difference had to be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What is wrong in this country...OJ was found not guilty and the majority didn't agree but no riots were called for, etc.

Right now it is starting to look like the government and the prosecutors are being run by some uneducated yellers and screamers who sign a petition and call out to have a person hung...

Very sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd View Post
It is interesting isn't it? You heard about the fear of riots if Zimmerman was let free. Yet, there wasn't any talk of riots if he was found guilty.

Sometimes I wish we could go to some alternate reality and see what would have happened if the roles were reversed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
That has always been something I wondered about. If we whites get upset about some decision like this we don't take to the streets and loot and burn. But if it happens to someone black all of a sudden we have to start worrying about them rioting. Are we more civilized, or what ?

Don
I have always wondered about that. Don't we whites not care about anything except the ones who march with blacks for something? Are we lazier? Do we respect the law more? Guess we don't need all the loot that's taken during the riots?

I'm out of here. The trial is over.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:55 PM

370 posts, read 247,168 times
Quote:

Don
It is arguable.

Hell, negroes have been known to riot over tennis shoes...

Old 07-15-2013, 05:08 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,235,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
How could he possibly remind you of your "trashy" neighbors. You and your wife were begging for help. There is no doubt in my mind that GZ would have done something to help you or your family. Just listen to the neighbors that testified on his behalf. GZ was a man that wanted to do the right thing.
I wouldn't want help from GZ, he is a racist and appears to be a momma's boy and bully which reminds me of someone.... there's a lot of that going around. GZ was doing the right thing? What hunting down an unarmed teenager. In fact Trayvon Martin appeared to be the kind of kid that my children would have been friends with. Good grades, active in Church and sports, interested in music. We were new to NEPA and were unfamiliar with the laws regarding guns, and appreciated all the help, but decided against the gun because sometimes I have a temper and might have gotten myself in trouble. But really this is not about my incident in NEPA, but about a poor 17 year old unarmed black male that was killed by a racist who was TOLD by 911 operators to DISCONTINUE following him and let the police handle it. These police would have handled it, but the W-B police did not.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:08 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
It is arguable.

Hell, negroes have been known to riot over tennis shoes...
i remember last year someone got killed over Jordans.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:09 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Have to let you know, George Zimmerman is NOT Jewish. Just because he has a Jewish last name, doesn't make him Jewish. Well I guess a lot of people on this thread got their wish. A over zealous person with a gun took the life of a teenage minding his business, even though he was told to discontinue his pursuit and stay in his car.
Sums it up perfectly.

Zimmerman got off this time, but will prove himself to be the criminal nut he really is once again.

Just like OJ Simpson did.

Just like Joran van der Sloot did.

Just like Drew Peterson did.

Just like the all the other numerous "black widow" serial killers do who get away with killing the first spouse and kill more.

And countless others who got away with killing someone in cold blood the first time did.

They get a taste for it and they think they are invincible after getting away with it the first time.

I expect Zimmerman to show his true violent character to us again. I read this whole thread before commenting and, indeed, other posters have found and posted prior indications of his violent crazy nature that have been publicized ... things he did BEFORE this killing. This wasn't the first and isn't the last we have heard of him and his violence.

He is not done.

For those of you that insist Trayvon Martin was a "gangsta" who deserved it: the teenager was simply walking home from the store after buying candy and a drink. He was NOT doing anything wrong to deserve to be hunted and stalked by George Zimmerman. He had a right, as an American, to go to the store and walk home in peace. He was not committing any crime. It is amazing how mean-spirited some of the posters are on here that think he "deserved it" just for going to the store and walking home from it. Would you like your own teenager to experience that?? How would you feel if it was your own kid minding his own business walking home from the store being followed and stalked by a nutcase?? George Zimmerman STARTED it for NO good reason. Also, Zimmerman was the only one left alive to tell the tale, so OF COURSE he will make every excuse to justify shooting Trayvon Martin to death to avoid going to prison.

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 07-15-2013 at 05:25 PM..

Old 07-15-2013, 05:18 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,128,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
In most likely versions of the interchange Tryvon was well within his rights and would also have beaten the charge if he had badly hurt or killed GZ.

The Florida law simply allows such behavior.
Jury said otherwise.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I just cannot believe that he wasn't convicted of something. The kid was unarmed, and of all weapons of choice Zimmerman could've had to use, it was a gun??? I tried to keep in mind that I didn't know all of the facts and still probably don't, but I just don't understand the logic of shooting this kid point blank.
Right:

When your nose is broken and your skull is being bashed in you should call a "time out" to go get a more appropriate weapon rather than save your life!

Old 07-15-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
GZ has shown through numerous documented incidents that he doesn't have the most judicious mind. So I couldn't possibly figure out what he was thinking when he went after TM after being told by the police dispatcher not to do so.

Interesting...

Let's say you're visiting a friend and you go for a walk in the neighborhood. A black man who lives in the neighborhood and has never seen you before and starts following you in his car. So this wouldn't bother you at all? It wouldn't bother you in the least if he got out and started walking behind you to see what you were up to?

I'll bet you'd think he had every right to follow you.

Anyway, I'm through with this conversation.
Last time I checked EVERYONE has a right to go down a public street!!!

WHY are all these RACISTS saying that a hispanic doesnt have a right to travel down a public street in his OWN NEIGHBORHOOD! ?!?!

Old 07-15-2013, 05:29 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:

Don
I am white and I was ready to join a riot when Casey Anthony was set free. (Another Florida fiasco!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime