Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 12:53 AM

1,564 posts, read 1,672,662 times

Advertisements

I remember when D.c was Murder Capital,The mayor once bragged if it had population like the bigger cities it would be way worse.

New Orleans, probably still has the highest murder rate in America,Hurricane Katrina had to slow things down for the homicides to decline out there.

And Like i already stated,Every city in America isn't bad as before & hopefully it doesn't go back to being as violent.The economy look likes it's not getting any better so who knows.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:36 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,213,079 times
Another 10 people shot yesterday, three of them fatally. It must be up to around 150 people shot so far, mostly in the same ole areas, same type of gang situation, just more of them than last year or the year before.

I'm totally for accountability and think the police shootings they brought up from 2013 and 2014 weren't justified, but come on.....protesting like crazy and shutting down streets, martching and getting very political and loud about it.

That's great - but do it for the ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY SHOOTINGS IN THIRTEEN DAYS and not don't only come out of the woodwork when its a police shooting. Protest that, but this is a hundred and fifty times worse.

Where are all these young mens parents as they walk around shooting each other? It's insane. Most of the city doesn't work that way at all, but if these violent communities are going to change they need to DO IT FROM THE INSIDE as well as have outside pressures/help.

Old 01-14-2016, 02:55 PM

135 posts, read 145,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
I remember when D.c was Murder Capital,The mayor once bragged if it had population like the bigger cities it would be way worse.

New Orleans, probably still has the highest murder rate in America,Hurricane Katrina had to slow things down for the homicides to decline out there.

And Like i already stated,Every city in America isn't bad as before & hopefully it doesn't go back to being as violent.The economy look likes it's not getting any better so who knows.

DC may no longer be the murder capital but people kill me when they act like it's a safe place. It's definitely not one of America's safest cities.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:30 PM

5,837 posts, read 5,640,033 times
1/14:

Richmond 4...

Hampton Roads 9: Newport News 4, Norfolk 3, Hampton 1, Chesapeake 1...

Old 01-14-2016, 04:41 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,755,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Another 10 people shot yesterday, three of them fatally. It must be up to around 150 people shot so far, mostly in the same ole areas, same type of gang situation, just more of them than last year or the year before.

I'm totally for accountability and think the police shootings they brought up from 2013 and 2014 weren't justified, but come on.....protesting like crazy and shutting down streets, martching and getting very political and loud about it.

That's great - but do it for the ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY SHOOTINGS IN THIRTEEN DAYS and not don't only come out of the woodwork when its a police shooting. Protest that, but this is a hundred and fifty times worse. Gang members are expected to shoot people. We dont expect police to act like gang members.

Where are all these young mens parents as they walk around shooting each other? It's insane. Most of the city doesn't work that way at all, but if these violent communities are going to change they need to DO IT FROM THE INSIDE as well as have outside pressures/help.
Things is that its expected to watch your back from gang members but also having to watch your back from the police is another thing. Also if people cant trust the police to protect them who else can they trust. Plus if police can get away with murder imagine what other crazy stuff they are getting away with. Gang violence shouldnt be lumped in with police shootings. Thats like bringing up mass shootings at schools and then saying "well why not march against those people overdosing from prescription pills or heroin"

Old 01-14-2016, 08:16 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,672,662 times
Yeah D.C is nowhere near safe but i view it as one of the great Black Mecca's in America.

When that D.C sniper incident happen i really thought it was gonna end.Glad D.C is better today.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:35 PM

10,020 posts, read 8,644,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Things is that its expected to watch your back from gang members but also having to watch your back from the police is another thing. Also if people cant trust the police to protect them who else can they trust. Plus if police can get away with murder imagine what other crazy stuff they are getting away with. Gang violence shouldnt be lumped in with police shootings. Thats like bringing up mass shootings at schools and then saying "well why not march against those people overdosing from prescription pills or heroin"
You have to always watch your back no matter who's out there. The house got riddled with bullet holes while the fleeing suspect only caught one in the rump.

Witness said her safety was compromised during officer-involved - KMOV.com

Old 01-15-2016, 08:00 AM

170 posts, read 391,709 times
Soo the police morale is down because videos of them killing unarmed teens is starting to get shown to the public?

it's like they're saying "well, since we can't kill them like we want to, let's just not do anything, that'll show'em"

Old 01-15-2016, 08:40 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,213,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
I agree, but I was more looking at articles on national media and CNN, etc and most of them had stories on a police video released of a shooting a little over three years ago.

It states how a kid crashed a car and was then shot by police as he ran around a building.

It didn't bother to state that the kid and his three friends carjacked a man and woman, severely beat the two of them, stole everything they had, then beat them more as they tried to crawl away, then stole their car, crashed it, and the kid was shot by the police.

I'm not saying the police should have shot him at all....but can't we also take a candid and open talk about the kids in these neighborhoods that rape and pillage them day after day with no parents stepping in and nothing being done....year after year.

Police shootings are shutting down steets, all over the news, uncensored,wide open and public displays of anger and outrage.

Meanwhile it's like we aren't even allowed to REALLY talk about the issues impacting these neighborhoods and the destruction it does to those communities and the rest of the city and nation at large. It's too "sensitive" and falls down into the realm of racism after a while. And so the beat of just dancing around the subject goes on and on.

What would happen in Chicago if the 70% of people who live in decent, stable and safe neighborhoods got up in arms about the 30% of the neighborhoods where anything goes and the parents and adult population hides as the young population shoots everything that moves? Where's the responsibility you take for yourself?

Old 01-15-2016, 07:08 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,604,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I agree, but I was more looking at articles on national media and CNN, etc and most of them had stories on a police video released of a shooting a little over three years ago.

It states how a kid crashed a car and was then shot by police as he ran around a building.

It didn't bother to state that the kid and his three friends carjacked a man and woman, severely beat the two of them, stole everything they had, then beat them more as they tried to crawl away, then stole their car, crashed it, and the kid was shot by the police.

I'm not saying the police should have shot him at all....but can't we also take a candid and open talk about the kids in these neighborhoods that rape and pillage them day after day with no parents stepping in and nothing being done....year after year.

Police shootings are shutting down steets, all over the news, uncensored,wide open and public displays of anger and outrage.

Meanwhile it's like we aren't even allowed to REALLY talk about the issues impacting these neighborhoods and the destruction it does to those communities and the rest of the city and nation at large. It's too "sensitive" and falls down into the realm of racism after a while. And so the beat of just dancing around the subject goes on and on.

What would happen in Chicago if the 70% of people who live in decent, stable and safe neighborhoods got up in arms about the 30% of the neighborhoods where anything goes and the parents and adult population hides as the young population shoots everything that moves? Where's the responsibility you take for yourself?
Police aren't judges and they aren't paid to be. There's no sense in dishing out the law with the barrel of a gun. When arguments are made "well look at black-on-black crime", that's just a distraction to give a pass to irresponsible police work. Sure there's crime in these communities, but these same communities aren't going to call on cops if all the cops do if shoot first and ask questions later. You can't fight crime with negligent police ethics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime