Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 09:47 AM

16 posts, read 47,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Nice Blog.
I've now bookmarked it.
Thanks.

Ken
Hi Ken;

Thanks! I went to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum yesterday and will have a post on that sometime today.

Robert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 02:10 PM

687 posts, read 2,032,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTCruiser View Post
Hi Mi_Mom. Isn't the sunshine here GREAT?

We've come from a state with 46% average sunshine to one with 85%. Ya gotta love it!
I agree. One of the reasons my husband loves it is the dreary winters really got to him in MI. It's so nice to start the day with a smile from the sunshine ya know? We just got back from a 2 week visit (a week ago) from MI and I couldn't believe how many days were cloudy/overcast. How soon I forgot.

Though I do say I love Monsoon season as it gives me the skies/storms that I LOVE. Sometimes back in May/June I mentioned to my husband that I'd like just one rainy, gloomy day. I used to love those kinds of days when I was a kid. Just not too many of them in a row.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:24 PM

514 posts, read 1,441,770 times
Only been here for almost 7 months,the monsoons are cool to watch.Dont want to try to be driving around in it though.

I enjoy the area im in cause its so quiet and peaceful and the weather is awesome

Old 07-07-2008, 11:45 AM

16 posts, read 47,549 times
OK, I have to add one more...

This morning I took my car in to Pep Boys on Speedway because the turbo suddenly stopped working a couple of days ago.

I had an appointment for them to do a full service checkup for something like $29.95.

I know a little something about cars and suspected it was just a loose connection somewhere between the turbo and the throttle body, so I asked them to check this out first.

From the waiting room I could see my car going up the lift, the mechanic checking underneath and then tightening up something under there.

After the car was lowered the manger came out and confirmed it was just a loose hose that was reconnected. When I asked how much it would be he replied "No charge."

I can't remember the last time I took a car in for a repair and wasn't charged SOMETHING, if even just for an inspection. Keep in mind I still have my Michigan license plate on it, so he could have figured I was a tourist passing through and this goodwill gesture wouldn't result in any return business.

As it is, I think I've found a mechanic I can trust. Coming from my Michigan experiences, that's as good as gold!

Old 07-07-2008, 11:50 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTCruiser View Post
Hi Ken;

Thanks! I went to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum yesterday and will have a post on that sometime today.

Robert

Just read it.
Nice article.
Have to check it out on our next trip down there. Meant to do it last time but just ran out of time.

Ken

Old 07-07-2008, 11:52 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
IThough I do say I love Monsoon season as it gives me the skies/storms that I LOVE. Sometimes back in May/June I mentioned to my husband that I'd like just one rainy, gloomy day. I used to love those kinds of days when I was a kid. Just not too many of them in a row.
My sentiments EXACTLY.

Ken

Old 02-10-2009, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,456 times
I enjoy the mountains and hiking in them, particularly in the Sabino recreation area. The Santa Catalinas to the north of town are filled with hiking trails, as are the Rincon mountains to the east. The Tucson mountains on the west side are lower but have easy hiking trails. All mountain trails provide spectacular views you don't get in many other places.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:47 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,352,058 times
Older thread, but NEVER a get-old topic! Need I say it? Love the DESERT RAIN at any time of the year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson