Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 11:43 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
Following that idea, shouldn't this message have been in a DM, rather than posted to the thread?
Are you alluding I'm the only one in town who actually goes...?! Heck, I wonder where all this heavy traffic comes from! And how exactly is mdtoaz supposed to know that? And who are you to dictate what will or will not be talked about?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 11:49 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,533,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Are you alluding I'm the only one in town who actually goes...?! Heck, I wonder where all this heavy traffic comes from! And how exactly is mdtoaz supposed to know that? And who are you to dictate what will or will not be talked about?!

No, Sierra. I was talking about Boompa's message specifically.
If you don't want to go, why get on this thread and grumble?
Let people who are actually interested have their discussion

Boompa's post added just as much pollution to the thread as mine.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:54 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Quote:
Following that idea, shouldn't this message have been in a DM, rather than posted to the thread?
The original post was asking for opinions of Rocky Point Vs Kino. Not how many people hate Mexico. You can feel free to post a hate Mexico thread if you want

Old 07-27-2009, 11:56 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Boompa's post added just as much pollution to the thread as mine.
However, that post would've been absolutely unnecessary had all three of you kept your irrelevant to the thread (ok, still biting my fingers) opinions to yourselves.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
The original post was asking for opinions of Rocky Point Vs Kino. Not how many people hate Mexico. You can feel free to post a hate Mexico thread if you want

Let me reiterate.

The original thread was asking for opinions of Rocky Point vs Kino. Not for telling people what to post or not post in the thread.

My post, which was agreeing with Bummer is actually just what the OP was asking for.

At the end of the original post she asks:
Is it safe driving/staying in either of these places? Any info would be wonderful!

To which Bummer answers with his opinion. I then agree. Sierra calls me a fearmonger and sarcastically states it might help her in the long run. I say that I would do anything to help in reply.

Then you come along and urinate on it all.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
However, that post would've been absolutely unnecessary had all three of you kept your irrelevant to the thread (ok, still biting my fingers) opinions to yourselves.
It was not irrelevant. As I posted above. The safety question was asked. Bummer replied.

She even asked for more information about his reply. I agreed with him.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:16 PM

529 posts, read 2,394,208 times
Man.. next time someone tell me when the threadjacking starts so I can skip a page or two. ;P

And sierra, it is indeed Bella Sirena with the great pools.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:22 PM

643 posts, read 2,054,030 times
Now, now, guys... We can all get along.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:29 PM

272 posts, read 1,510,224 times
All this fear mongering stuff about travel to Mexico is essentially ridiculous. Mexico is a big country, 3 times the size of Texas, and the violence is largely restricted to specific areas where drug cartels are battling over control of smuggling routes, and the people who end up dead and/or mutilated are almost always connected somehow to the drug trade-- either in it or fighting it.

Should I not visit Tucson because it has a combined rate of violent and property crime that is very high compared to other places of similar population size in the USA? Should I not visit the United States because it has high levels of violence and homicide compared to other developed countries? Will you avoid the entire USA because New Orleans has such a high violent crime rate?

Please give me some examples of violent crimes against tourists in Rocky Point or Kino Bay or San Carlos.

Sometimes you just have to step back and get some perspective on things.

I'm partial to Rocky Point and I operate a (non commercial) blog about it. But it's not perfect and I try to be honest about the place. Here is my take on the issue of safety, for what it's worth:

Addressing the Safety Issue in Puerto Penasco and
Thoughts on the Perception of Danger in Rocky Point, Mexico

As to the questions from the OP: What exactly do you want? Are you looking for a home/condo rental or will a decent but cheap Mexican hotel do? Nightlife? Fishing? Bumming around on the beach? Restaurants? That info would be helpful to us who might be able to advise you-- those of us who have been in either place more recently than, say, 3 years ago...

I don't know about Kino Bay, but right now the tourist situation in Rocky Point could be described as on life support, which makes it a good time to visit if you don't like crowds. Yes, the beach vendors will pester you unless you are on a beach far away from civilization. Here is my secret tip for taking care of that, something all Mexicans know but few gringos do. When you are approached by a vendor simply wag your index finger at him/her, shake your head and say "No ahorita" ("not right now"). This will usually stop them in their tracks, as they know you mean it, and the will go hit on someone else. Be polite, but wag that finger. It's astonishing what a finger wag can accomplish in Mexico.

Baja Boomer/La Huerita
Rocky Point Tides

Old 07-27-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Boomer View Post
All this fear mongering stuff about travel to Mexico is essentially ridiculous.
The OP asked, an opinion was given, and people agreed with it. That is hardly fear mongering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson