Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 11:38 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times

Advertisements

Has Mike & Molly "jumped the shark"?

DW and I think so. This show was one of our favorites but now it is barely watchable. Melissa McCarthy is making a fool of herself now. Whoever did this change should be fired. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 02:51 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,362,804 times
All along she had been this devoted teacher. Obviously she as a very good one, as she was up for the vice principal job, but that went to the hot blonde chick. (I think).

So all of a sudden, without warning, she goes wacko in the middle of the day and climbs out the window? even the way she left doesn't make sense. Someone her size is going to attempt to go through a window?

I agree they are trying to play off her movie persona, although I only know her movies through previews.

I don't want to sit through too many fantasy scenes where she imagines her books. And has she ever said she wanted to be a writer?

Old 11-19-2013, 03:34 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,437,988 times
This episode is toned down a bit....parts were funny, I don't know if this "writer" career is going to pan out though..

Old 11-19-2013, 05:49 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
This episode is toned down a bit....parts were funny, I don't know if this "writer" career is going to pan out though..
Those were my thoughts as well. The show is kind of unbalanced now. Last night it seemed Molly was more Victoria and Victoria was more Molly. I wonder if the writers know where they are going with the Molly character. I have a hunch they are going to have her try all kinds of new careers until she finds the right one.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:55 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
I think Melissa McCarthy is very funny in her movies (for the most part) but I have never been able to get into this particular show.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:23 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,269,625 times
I will admit I've never seen this show, but I remember seeing the previews for this season advertising "The New Mike & Molly" and I thought, "Why is it new? It's been on for a while." I guess this explains it. I had been interested in watching it in the past but now I think I will just skip it.

Old 11-23-2013, 04:50 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,045 times
I was hoping things would be toned down this past week. My favorite part was the parts without Molly. I liked Mike sneaking into her laptop, and when the family was reading her story. That was when I laughed. The parts with Molly in the morgue? No. It's cheesy, corny, and all they do is drink and act stupid. I am so disappointed. This used to be my absolute favorite show. Now there's at least 2 comedy shows I prefer to this one each week, more like 3. I can't believe it could drop that low on my list. What a bummer. What are they doing? I understand MM is funny and I love her movies and those characters, but you can't turn the established Molly character, that has been working for 2 seasons already, and just change her so drastically into something she's not and expect it to work.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:52 AM

356 posts, read 281,709 times
I agree with all of you that the show has taken a turn for the worse this season. I really like the supporting characters and am missing all of them. It seems like they are there now just to set up the laughs for Melissa McCarthy. It's turned into the "Molly Show" and she's turned mean so I don't like her. If I keep watching it will be just to see if they pull their heads out of their butts and turn it around again.

Old 11-24-2013, 02:46 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
I think it's pretty obvious that the "suits" at CBS have decided to cash in on Melissa's success. Too bad, I used to like the show, a lot of great veteran actors that worked hard. Mr. Gardell is from the Pgh area, excellent comedian, if you get a chance to see his act, do it. After busting his but for 20 years in LA he decided to take a morning DJ job in Pittsburgh, then he was offered that show. My feeling is that Ms McCarthy wants out of the show.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:42 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
The thing I think we all liked about Molly is that she played so well off the screwy characters around her. Those looks of horror she gave her TV character gave her crazy mom and sister always made me laugh. Now she is the one who is getting those looks because she is the one who is behaving like the screwball like her movie characters.

I wish she would bring back the old TV Molly and leave the movie Molly at the movies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV