Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 11:27 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,011,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
I forgot to mention that scene with Lysa... so creepy! I shuddered. That lady is out of her mind.
"I want to see the man fly!"

That line is right out of the book.

How about Tyrion's pleasant room at the top?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 12:39 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,674,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post

Yep they followed that chapter very closely from the book. It was great. Although they forgot the lift that goes up to the castle in the vale. I guess its not important for the tv show.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:45 PM

1,300 posts, read 3,602,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post

Mother and son are both so crazy. Lysa looks kinda like an elf; I expected her to be overweight as she's described in the book. But other than that she's very believable!

Old 05-17-2011, 04:29 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,313,330 times
My friend commented that as she was watching the scene, she'd wondered how it was made. Did they hire a stunt-double (adult) to pretend he was a kid sucking on that teat? Did they use a stunt-teat? (It looked like a stunt-teat to me, the way the nipple pointed straight ahead.)

And while I have no objections at all to the inclusion of the guy-on-guy sex scene, the slurpy sound effects were WAY over the top.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:52 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,340,168 times
yeah, I also pictured Lysa being plumper. Little Robert was nearly perfect, though I expected a sicklier looking child (guess there's only so much Hollywood can do in that aspect).

I was also surprised by the Loras/Renly scene, not because I didn't know they were gay, but b/c I didn't think they'd play that card so soon. I guess they didn't want to beat around the bush too much and hope the audience would get it. I'm also surprised by how "out" they seem to be, especially when Littlefinger called Renly out at the joust. w/ all the spies in the castle, people likely already know what's up

I do like that we're getting more scenes w/ Theon (can't say I mind the full frontal male nudity either ).
Spoiler
I like that we are starting to see him question his loyalty to the Starks more carefully. the fit is going to hit the shan in that regards quite soon

LOVED the joust! The Mountain was perfect. I don't think it's that big of a spoiler to state that the Mountain is one of those few characters w/ not even the tiniest shade of gray in him. He's as black as his horse (ahh, poor pony..). no need to try to find any good in him
Spoiler
though I loved the fight w/ him and the Hound. However, I think they failed in making the Hound truly scary. it wasn't just his scar that made him scary, it was his entire persona. They, to pardoned the pun, neutered him quite a bit

now for the big spoiler
Spoiler
I wonder if people have caught on by now that Joffrey, Marcella, and Tommen are not Robert's kids and are the products of incest. "The seed is strong" and they've been quite explicit in pointing out that all of his bastards have dark hair, even throwing in a blond harlot to prove this. I think by next episode, the truth will come out

loved the fight between Ned and Jaime. now we're beginning to see how much damage Cat's rash actions is causing.

finally, a big RIP to Jory, who at least got to ogle some boobies before getting a knife in the eye. things are not looking good for the Starks...

Old 05-18-2011, 05:44 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,674,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
My friend commented that as she was watching the scene, she'd wondered how it was made. Did they hire a stunt-double (adult) to pretend he was a kid sucking on that teat? Did they use a stunt-teat? (It looked like a stunt-teat to me, the way the nipple pointed straight ahead.)

And while I have no objections at all to the inclusion of the guy-on-guy sex scene, the slurpy sound effects were WAY over the top.
lol stunt teat

Old 05-18-2011, 09:05 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,602,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
loved the fight between Ned and Jaime. now we're beginning to see how much damage Cat's rash actions is causing.

finally, a big RIP to Jory, who at least got to ogle some boobies before getting a knife in the eye. things are not looking good for the Starks...
It was Cat that started this Stark-Lannister all out feud. Ned wouldn't have been attacked by Jaime and had his men killed if Cat had questioned Tyrion instead of captured him. Even though I love how she rallies the men to help her get Tyrion, it was rash and she wasn't thinking about the consequences for Ned.

I actually liked how in the show Jaime kills his man for wounding Ned and not letting it be a fair fight between just him and Ned. I don't remember this happening in the book.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:19 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,340,168 times
in the book, the fight happened in the rain and Ned's horse slipped in some mud, IIRC. that's how he broke his leg in the book. the show did it better

Old 05-19-2011, 10:59 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,223,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
Sarcasm is difficult to decifer in text!
I suppose that's why you missed all the hints?

Old 05-20-2011, 03:11 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,011,343 times
Looks like George RR Martin wrote Episode 8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV