Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2011, 06:08 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Kandi can't sing.

Seriously? To each their own, but I think she's VERY talented. Kandi is well-respected as an artist and a writer. Kim is........well..........a nurse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 07:25 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Yes, she can.
Not from the "live" singing she's done on the show. I had to FF through her a capella song. It was like rubbing industrial strength sandpaper on a silk sheet: what were you thinking?.

Kim is HORRIBLE, can't carry a tune for anything, but auto-tune and all other digital magic can apparently make anyone sound good - it even works for tone-deaf/flat on every note Kim.

Khandi should stick to writing/producing. She IS, apparently, good at that and has a true talent for it.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:33 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Not from the "live" singing she's done on the show. I had to FF through her a capella song. It was like rubbing industrial strength sandpaper on a silk sheet: what were you thinking?.

Kim is HORRIBLE, can't carry a tune for anything, but auto-tune and all other digital magic can apparently make anyone sound good - it even works for tone-deaf/flat on every note Kim.

Khandi should stick to writing/producing. She IS, apparently, good at that and has a true talent for it.
Yeah Kandi singing live is not pleasant but her videos have been great. However since she made Kim's screeching sound decent so that means she can hook some things up in the studio

Old 01-18-2011, 07:34 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Ok folks, I am temporarily closing this thread while I clean up the racist remarks. Warning: talk about the show, talk maturely about race as it applies to the show and all is good. If you talk about race to be talking about race, then your post will be deleted and you will be issued a warning or an infraction. Please help keep this thread enjoyable for everyone. Thanks!

Old 01-18-2011, 10:08 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
A couple of months ago in Philly, a concert with Fantasia and Erick Benet. Kim is nowhere to be found, and that is a very, very good thing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNsPUZGqeSM

Old 01-18-2011, 10:16 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
A couple of months ago in Philly, a concert with Fantasia and Erick Benet. Kim is nowhere to be found, and that is a very, very good thing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNsPUZGqeSM
nice!
No Kim=real concert tour vs the made-up Bravo one.
I like Kandi's voice on most songs. On some songs her vocals seem weak and a bit off but I enjoy her music for the most part.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:31 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post

She is not my favorite singer in the world, but she is a fine vocalist. It's clear that she actually has training. She just posesses a unique "texture".

Old 01-18-2011, 10:46 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,611,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Since the Atlanta housewives are multi-talented, I think they should all author books:

Sheree:
Clothing Designing for Dummies
Repossessed: The Story of my Aston Martin Convertible
Believe in Yourself! Daily Affirmations for Winning an Academy Award

Kim:
The Gold-diggers Handbook for Married Men
1000 and 1 Wigs: How to Achieve Any Look You Desire
Why Smoking, Drinking and Singing Don't Mix

Cynthia:
Never Sink Your Money in a Sinking Restaurant
Runaway Bride

Kandi:
Sex Talks with Kandi
How Not to Wear Your Hair
A Dumb Blond and a Sweetie: Horrors of the Musical Bus

NeNe:
Let It All Go! New Prayers to God to Let Go of Your Anger
How to Interview Anyone Without Any Prep!
Pop, Klunk - Bam and Other NeNeisms
LMAO! You win this forum

Old 01-18-2011, 10:51 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,611,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Yes, she can.
I think Kandi is OK as a singer but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:47 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Seriously? To each their own, but I think she's VERY talented. Kandi is well-respected as an artist and a writer. Kim is........well..........a nurse?
I wasn't comparing Khandi to Kim. Kim's singing is a hobby. This is Khandi's career. She is talented as far as writing and producing. The singing is horrible. She couldn't sing with Xcape. It was the big sisters soulful singing in the group.

Sorry, Nat. I know you disagree. : }
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV