Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 02:55 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,798,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
If you are referring to Phaedra's remarks about white people, there was enough of an uproar about that which prompted her to write a blog to backpedal and try to explain her ignorant remarks.
no, this was Kandi talking.
rules of etiquette should apply across the board. Regardless of race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 05:03 AM

4,502 posts, read 13,472,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Previews from next week show Kandi saying,"there are just some things you can't say to black women"...............huh?
Sounds racist to me..........just sayin

Is it ok to say anything then to or about a white woman but not so for a black woman??
There are a lot of racist things said on this show about white people but no one gets up in arms about that
I totally agree. Kandi, Phaedra, NeNe have ALL made some crazy racist remarks --- remarks that, if said by a White person, would have created an all-out "protest" of the show, demands for public apologies, demands for money, and demands for the show to be cancelled.

I've only been watching this "franchise" of the RH for a few weeks and I'm already sick of it.....

Old 01-17-2011, 05:39 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,835,815 times
Wow! I'm just reading through these posts, I had no idea a Sip & See was just a Southern thang, I learn something new everyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
You're right! Southern rules (really any rules) state that you do not throw yourself a shower. I'm very impressed with your correct usage of the word tacky! Northing tackier than being tacky!
Wrong! I'm surprised to see you're in Dallas!

The mother ALWAYS hosts her own Sip & See. It's for when you're ready to debut the baby at your convenience instead of scheduling lots of people to drop by your house & see the baby at their convenience.

It's definitely not a shower where gifts are expected again for the baby, but more of a chance for people to actually see the baby that they bought gifts for in the first place.

Courtney

Old 01-17-2011, 06:02 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,712,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Previews from next week show Kandi saying,"there are just some things you can't say to black women"...............huh?
Sounds racist to me..........just saying

I believe, it was clarification to Kim why she was unsure of why Nene was upset at her and her assistant. RE: the slave comment.

LMAO @ Don Juan...Nene is that a real prayer?

Poor Peter. Just can't let that pride go at all. What kind of bull**** is that, he closes the business without talking to his partner? Then, her ass is worried about being repaid her money . They are the perfect couple for each other .

I can't believe, they kept pumping so much of their cash into a bleeding business. Crazy. I feel sorry for them though .

Kim and her assistant are annoying as hell though. I agree with Kandi, must you be at a 10 all the time? Yeesh. Calm that mess down a time or two. 1 whole day to drive from Charlotte to Orlando? Whoa...I know that Orlando is 7 hrs from here plus 3 hrs to Charlotte so give or take 10 to 12 hours but a whole day? Give the cigs a rest ladies....

Old 01-17-2011, 07:06 AM

7,370 posts, read 5,484,723 times
I was hoping to get thru this season without one serious fight. I was enjoying everyone bascially getting along. I think Nene was in the wrong. Not that I like Kim, but Nene was invited onto the bus and to Kim's hotel room and then all she did was criticize everything Kim did and make snarky remarks. She was right, but she should have kept the remarks to herself. To me she sounded jealous of Kim. And it wasn't fair to Kandy and the other people on the bus that she started the fight. Poor Kandy!
And as far as Sweetie. If she doesn't like working for Kim or the way she is spoken to she could quit.
Nene was on Andys show and said she had not spoken to Kim in six months. Can't wait to see this reunion show.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:17 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,515,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I was hoping to get thru this season without one serious fight. I was enjoying everyone bascially getting along. I think Nene was in the wrong. Not that I like Kim, but Nene was invited onto the bus and to Kim's hotel room and then all she did was criticize everything Kim did and make snarky remarks. She was right, but she should have kept the remarks to herself. To me she sounded jealous of Kim. And it wasn't fair to Kandy and the other people on the bus that she started the fight. Poor Kandy!
And as far as Sweetie. If she doesn't like working for Kim or the way she is spoken to she could quit.
Nene was on Andys show and said she had not spoken to Kim in six months. Can't wait to see this reunion show.
Nene lashing out at Kim was completely inappropriate. But it was obvious to see it was bashed on pent up anger Nene had due to all the things going on in her life. Definitely an issue of jealousy also. All are so jealous of each other, barring Kandi, that they get in fights.

Kim's a whole hot mess but Nene didn't need to keep attacking her.

If I was Kandi, I'd tell Kim to suck it up w/ the cigs. It is only b/c of Kandee that Kim is even getting people to hear her "singing".

As for Sweetie...way, way way out of line. She is a guest on that bus.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:26 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,406,673 times
Sweetie didn't need to go along with Kim in the first place. They need to tell Kim to STHU, with all that yelling!!!! Good grief!

Has Kandi & Kim made a contract for Kandi to get paid for her work on kim's song? Anyone?

Old 01-17-2011, 09:34 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,502,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
Wow! I'm just reading through these posts, I had no idea a Sip & See was just a Southern thang, I learn something new everyday!

Wrong! I'm surprised to see you're in Dallas!

The mother ALWAYS hosts her own Sip & See. It's for when you're ready to debut the baby at your convenience instead of scheduling lots of people to drop by your house & see the baby at their convenience.

It's definitely not a shower where gifts are expected again for the baby, but more of a chance for people to actually see the baby that they bought gifts for in the first place.

Courtney
Like I said in my previous post, the only sip and see I've ever heard of is to see wedding gifts, not a baby. This could, of course, be regional. I stand by my statement that one never throws an actual shower (wedding or baby) for oneself. Since a sip and see isn't an actual shower, then I suppose that would be excluded from the rule.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:36 AM

1,488 posts, read 2,612,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Nene lashing out at Kim was completely inappropriate. But it was obvious to see it was bashed on pent up anger Nene had due to all the things going on in her life. Definitely an issue of jealousy also. All are so jealous of each other, barring Kandi, that they get in fights.

Kim's a whole hot mess but Nene didn't need to keep attacking her.

If I was Kandi, I'd tell Kim to suck it up w/ the cigs. It is only b/c of Kandee that Kim is even getting people to hear her "singing".

As for Sweetie...way, way way out of line. She is a guest on that bus.
If I was Kandi I would have kicked their butts off the bus to get a ride of their own

Old 01-17-2011, 11:40 AM

1,488 posts, read 2,612,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
Sweetie didn't need to go along with Kim in the first place. They need to tell Kim to STHU, with all that yelling!!!! Good grief!

Has Kandi & Kim made a contract for Kandi to get paid for her work on kim's song? Anyone?
I would hope that a contract is the only thing making these two tour together. I love Kandi but if this isn't the case then she's a fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV