Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2013, 08:45 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,932,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
This is the generation of men that prompted Harry Chapin to write the song, "Cat's Cradle" about them. This is the generation of men who view emotions and feelings as "stuff females do" I am so glad to see the younger generations of men making different decisions about wife, children, home and family...even their own health and well-being.
Yes! I have to say it is my generation who raised these men. Or at least I did. What I mean is that when my son was born in the '70's I made a conscience effort to raise a "good man" and not to put another "a**hole" into the world. Really, that's what I said. I have a son who is a dedicated husband, father, worker, citizen, etc. whom I am extremely proud of. Plus he loves and respects me! Also, I raised him without the hypocrisy of religion. It is a joy for me and my husband to be around him and his family.

Of course, I know there were good men in past generations, but who are they on Mad Men? I have to go through the list. ha-ha!

Last edited by geebabe; 05-22-2013 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 11:17 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,738,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I'd like to see more of the Ken Cosgrove character. Aaron Staten is getting rave reviews for his dancing skills.
It's His Job: Aaron Staton Dances Up a Storm on 'Mad Men' - NYTimes.com
Ken Cosgrove can certainly cut a mean rug. I wonder if he is a good dancer when he is off speed.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:56 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,318,604 times
At one point I thought Don was actually thinking outside of the box, regarding advertising, but alas it was the drugs talking.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:57 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,146,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69GSstage1 View Post
Ken Cosgrove can certainly cut a mean rug. I wonder if he is a good dancer when he is off speed.
I think it was season three when Pete and Trudy danced up a storm doing the Charleston. These are good skills to have in that after the series is over, these actors can make a buck on one of those Dancing With the Stars type programs.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:28 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,732,613 times
Does anyone else thing that Cutler or Ted's "doctor" was brought in as payback on how Don drank Ted under the table? Methinks the office cold war has started, but it's not going to be all that "cold"! LOL

Old 05-22-2013, 01:42 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,732,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I want to see more story lines on the minor characters like Stan, Harry, Ginsberg, and Ken. I'm kind of tired of Don's (and Pete's) endless sociopathic dysfunction. And I'm still missing Paul Kinsey. I liked his 60s intelligentsia hipster-turned-HareKrishna-hippie character.

Bitchy Betty is back and I couldn't be happier. Besides, she was right about the casting couch. Don and Megan screwed up.
Wow. Betty is such a hypocrite! She had a lot of nerve bringing up a "casting couch" Seems to me when she cheated on Don, she found herself on a couch too. This is probably why Sally resents and disrespects her. Her parenting is very inconsistent, and she does not set a good example for her daughter. She plays this "above it all" role and she can be just as skeezy and disgusting as the characters we "love to hate"

Old 05-22-2013, 02:36 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,932,372 times
Quote:
Wow. Betty is such a hypocrite! She had a lot of nerve bringing up a "casting couch" Seems to me when she cheated on Don, she found herself on a couch too. This is probably why Sally resents and disrespects her. Her parenting is very inconsistent, and she does not set a good example for her daughter. She plays this "above it all" role and she can be just as skeezy and disgusting as the characters we "love to hate"
The old saying "do as I say, not as I do" comes to mind.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:42 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,260,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
I think it was season three when Pete and Trudy danced up a storm doing the Charleston. These are good skills to have in that after the series is over, these actors can make a buck on one of those Dancing With the Stars type programs.
Actually Vincent Kartheiser will be playing Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice this summer and planning his wedding to former MM cast member, Alexis Biedel. I don't DWTS in his future. lol

Old 05-22-2013, 10:11 PM

11,642 posts, read 12,720,371 times
Quote:
Betty never physically cheated on Don. Not really. She had an emotional affair first with Henry. After she told Don that she was divorcing him, Betty, Henry, and Baby Gene flew to Reno to get Betty a divorce. There was a scene where Betty and Henry met with a lawyer in NY which explained that Betty did not cheat on Don with Henry. I don't think she cheated with anyone else either.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:06 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,318,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Actually Vincent Kartheiser will be playing Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice this summer and planning his wedding to former MM cast member, Alexis Biedel. I don't DWTS in his future. lol
I thought they had great chemistry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV