Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 12:28 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times

Advertisements

Win or not, Landau has a Vegas contract for sure. What a nice guy. He mentioned that everyone called him "Uncle" something, I didn't quite catch it but he seemed to be a hit with his fellow contestants. If anyone deserves a break, he does.

When he walked on the stage holding Anna's hand I so wanted both to go through but I knew it wouldn't happen. Anna still has to develop her voice before she goes professional but she has a lot of time to do that. And she is so talented, I am certain she will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 12:46 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
When he walked on the stage holding Anna's hand I so wanted both to go through but I knew it wouldn't happen. Anna still has to develop her voice before she goes professional but she has a lot of time to do that. And she is so talented, I am certain she will.
That's why, if only one of them could move on, I'm glad it was Landau. Anna is so very young -- she has plenty of time to develop her talent and her career. This is most likely Landau's one and only chance to be seen.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:54 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Landau is going to be snatched up by some record label or deal even if he doesn't win...

Im really hoping for Team Iluminate

Old 09-08-2011, 03:59 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,274 times
I Wish Lys Agnes would have made it over Pop lyfe.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:03 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Me, too. It was just such an awful song choice .....

Old 09-08-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
I agree. I think PopLyfe is talented and cute and I like them but Lys Agnes has a really special quality and a fantastic voice range.

Her low note register was not jarring to me. I don't know why Sharon thought so. But the high note at the the end was a bit off key. Still Lys Agnes is a fantasic singer and I wish she would have made it through.

I wonder how much influence the judges opinions have on the audience voting.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:14 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,001 times
Quote:
Not me, she's been ok more than she's been great. On the other hand, this weeks performance is the first time I wasn't a huge fan of PopLyfe. They're more consistent than she is.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:29 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
Yeah, i noticed that 1 million deal over 40 annual payments too. The key to winning the show is the Las Vegas contract, but more importantly, to get your name out there after the Vegas deal ends. The more exposure, the better. The $1 mil is really secondary.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Yeah, i noticed that 1 million deal over 40 annual payments too. The key to winning the show is the Las Vegas contract, but more importantly, to get your name out there after the Vegas deal ends. The more exposure, the better. The $1 mil is really secondary.
That's very true. Susan Boyle didn't win but we all know who she is. I wonder how many British viewer of Britain's Got Talent can name the dance troupe that did. Or where they a singing group?

I think Landau has a Vegas contract win or lose. PopLyfe will be singing on kid's shows Silhouettes will fade into obscurity and Illuminate will win. At least that's my bet for how America will see them.

Any other predictions?

Old 09-10-2011, 03:39 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Landau is going to be snatched up by some record label or deal even if he doesn't win...

Im really hoping for Team Iluminate
He'll definitely be better off than he is now, but I'm not sure how successful and popular his style of music will be, since we already have so many talented performers who write their own songs and play instruments. I'm not saying the man can't sing, only that a voice gets you so far in today's world. Will he be able to compete with Michael Buble or Harry Conick Jr? Maybe - but traveling, performing live shows night after night, and keeping your family together is a tough balancing act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV