Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2014, 11:52 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,177 times

Advertisements

sad to say i watch every week,me and my 16 year old daughter. She (abby lee) is a nasty mean person,and I guess these moms just feel that they cant go anywhere else where these kids can win competitions. And they used to be better dancers,i notice the meaner she gets the less the girls want to dance. I remember watching clohe in past seasos that girl was amazing now just blah. same with Maddie,just blah.. They have a new dancer since kelly left with brooke and paige. Kalani her name is and wow she's gonna give maddie a run for her money,she is good. but im sure it wont last long,Abby will ruin it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 04:55 PM

11,790 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Unfortunately, all of these families signed legal contracts with the network and can't leave. Kelly now has a lawsuit against the network and Abby Lee to get her and the girls released from the contract. An entertainment attorney was on one of the forums and it seems each and every contract has a clause that if they choose to leave - the network will sue them besides a clause that the girls would not be able to perform for a certain period of time - even in school productions. All contestants such as those on American Idol, The Voice ect have to sign these contracts with these clauses. As we all know - timing is everything and if you're hot now - you may not be remembered by the time that clause expires. That's why Kelly is trying to void the contract so the girls can get on with singing and modeling while they are still known and popular.

Also, when signing the contract in the beginning, these moms had no idea that the show would be this popular or that it would even be picked up. Thy may have seen this as a great opportunity for their kids, not realizing that the atmosphere of the show would change and become what it has today but they don't have a lot of options as they are locked in.

After last night's episode - I'm done. I'm sick of the yelling, screaming, terrified kids ect.. A lot is scripted but some isn't nd those kids faces show it.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:08 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
Yeah that abby lee miller is vindictive to say the least and she is a mean and nasty person and I m wondering if that is how her mother taught at her school . kelly used to be a student of abbies mom and Im wondering if that is where abbie learned this kind of behavior ...anyways I feel sorry for those kids because they dont deserve that and those girls are really good dancers and I hope if they do become famous they never tell anyone where they took dance lessons .

Old 02-19-2014, 05:33 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,361,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Am I the only one still watching this trainwreck?
I've been watching (I missed last nights show but will probably watch it tonight). I like watching the girls dance numbers and don't mind very mild drama, but I'm really turned off by the screaming (by both Abby & the mom's).

Old 02-19-2014, 05:47 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,488,125 times
This has become a middle aged Bad Girls Club with kids involved. I quit watching sometime during season 2, but have been reading about the lawsuit and the slap. This show has been heading towards disaster for a long time. For the sake of the kids, I hope it finally ends.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:57 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,947 times
I've tuned in maybe three or four times. Can anyone tell me...why is rolling around on the floor considered "dance?" What kind of dance? How long has this style been going on?

...and the makeup and eyelashes...whoa!

I wonder if any of the "moms" are gainfully employed. Do any of them contribute to the tax base? The G.D.P? What were their majors in college? What are they doing about keeping their brains engaged?

Old 02-19-2014, 06:57 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,729,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
I've tuned in maybe three or four times. Can anyone tell me...why is rolling around on the floor considered "dance?" What kind of dance? How long has this style been going on?

...and the makeup and eyelashes...whoa!

I wonder if any of the "moms" are gainfully employed. Do any of them contribute to the tax base? The G.D.P? What were their majors in college? What are they doing about keeping their brains engaged?

Some new crap called "Acro Dance" --- it's not dance, not by any stretch of the imagination. It's just to show who can do backflips, cartwheels or go over in a cartwheel-like move but not using your hands. In Brooke's case, it's always her on her chin or contorting her body (again, NOT dance).

None of those "moms" work except that Holly used to be a principal at a school but resigned her position after Season 1 (or Season 2?) to spend more time at the dance studio with Nia. She has a PhD and is a very, very intelligent woman. I don't understand how or why she is involving herself or her child in this.

The others are either living off their husbands or ex-husbands --- for instance, Melissa is divorced. Her ex said that all the dance stuff is what contributed to it. Anyway, she had a new 'boyfriend' who pays for everything (according to the other moms) so she doesn't have to do anything. She's married to him now I think.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:03 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,729,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
The last episode I watched was when Chloe had won 1st place at a competition but then Abby went to the judges to complain and supposedly it was somehow "a mistake" and Maddie should have actually won. I'm not even sure I sat through the whole episode.

That was my last episode, too. When I saw what she did to Chloe, I said enough is enough. She NEVER, EVER would have questioned a win by Maddie. If I was Chloe's mom, I would have broken the 1st Place trophy, handed it to Abby, and walked out. How VINDICTIVE is this Abby person??? Do you dislike a CHILD so much that you would intentionally hurt her like that????

I also don't think it was a mistake on the judge's part ---- I'm sure Abby pointed out some "mistake" that Chloe made and told them to take off points. (they videotape everything so the judges could have watched a playback right then and there)

Old 02-19-2014, 07:16 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,947 times
Thanks for your answer, Amisi!

Old 02-19-2014, 11:59 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
That was my last episode, too. When I saw what she did to Chloe, I said enough is enough. She NEVER, EVER would have questioned a win by Maddie. If I was Chloe's mom, I would have broken the 1st Place trophy, handed it to Abby, and walked out. How VINDICTIVE is this Abby person??? Do you dislike a CHILD so much that you would intentionally hurt her like that????
Abby is soooo screwed up. She is an energy-sapping, soul-sucking bully. I think she picks on Chloe because Chloe has a heart and is authentic. Maddie is talented, yes, but Maddie is more vicious and driven in her pursuit of success than Chloe is - and that's what Abby likes and respects.

Abby clearly does not treat herself with love or respect, so it's no surprise that she is at a loss at how to relate to children (or anyone for that matter). Abby is all about WINNING - typical narcissist - and on the surface it's easy to justify the measures she takes to win, but underneath that she is such a toxic force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV