Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 02:58 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinLife38 View Post
I do not like Kandi either. I used to until I observed her making snide comments on others. She does this little sneaky thing to get the other to chime in on whomever she is talking bad about...or joking as she calls it. SHe is very messy and I did not know she was like that. I think these shows portray these people in the worse light.
Exactly. She has a habit of making comments and then when the others jump on it she sits back and laughs. The first time I saw her do it was with Phaedra and the true stage of her pregnancy. I don't mind her sex toy career but she annoys me with how she does it. I remember when she had a meeting at a restaurant in the middle of the day. Just no common sense at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 06:26 PM

339 posts, read 696,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I can't believe they aired 3 parts! Are the RHOA seen around town or are they sheltered from the rest of the ATL?

A few months ago Kandi was at a Brandsmart doing a signing for her album, I think it was last Sept or Oct. I didn't know about the event but I was going to the store anyway and saw her sitting at the entrance of the store where they had the signing set up. I didn't buy the album so I didn't get an autograph. but I saw her in-person maybe 6-7 feet away.

Kandi is really short, but had on her high heels..lol.

A friend of mine had a child who went to school with Sheree's son a couple of years ago. And that friend has seen Sheree at some school events, but she didn't speak with her, but I didn't get an opinion one way or another about Sheree from my friend.

But except for Kandi I haven't seen any of the housewives in person.

Another friend of mine lived near Bobby and Whitney and saw them around when they were together and first moved down to Atl years ago.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:11 AM

1,885 posts, read 3,403,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Yeah that's true but like Nene said that was back in the day. Just cause she did it then doesn't mean she has to be cool with it now. What I don't understand is why Kandi has a problem with Nene not liking it...you claim you're sold out so what difference does it make if Nene doesn't want your ***** up her ass lol I just don't like Kandi. At all.
LOL I don't think Kandi necessarily has a problem with how NeNe feels about the product as much as her attitude in general.

I'm laughing because you can't stand Kandi. I think she's cool, a bit boring but cool nevertheless. I ended up liking Marlo more than I intended to, but she pissed me off coming at Kandi the way she did. Well for those who may be curious to see what Kandi's new pad looks like (everyone complained about the old one, including me) here it is:

http://5.freshlikedougie.net/files/2012/02/Kandi-Burruss-ATL-Mansion.jpeg (broken link)

Old 04-24-2012, 06:02 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,554,110 times
Bout time she moved out of that shack
J/k

Old 04-24-2012, 06:39 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,777,361 times
She did it the right way. Most of the people on theses shows buy waaaay more house than they can handle. She waited until she could handle it. Good on her!!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:25 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,712,763 times
Aficionado, I thought Cynthia and Peter lived in Glenwood as well???

I don't get the big deal about Kandi old home. It has been paid off for many years. Not too many folks are buying a home for cash at 19 years old. Marlo lives in a newer townhouse. Big whoop.

This show is tired now. Get rid of Betty Bop as well. She is so boring and two faced.

Kim is leaving this season for her spinoff, correct? I guess, we can expect 2 new cast mates for the next season?

Old 04-24-2012, 10:29 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,425,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post

I don't get the big deal about Kandi old home. It has been paid off for many years. Not too many folks are buying a home for cash at 19 years old. Marlo lives in a newer townhouse. Big whoop.

This show is tired now. Get rid of Betty Bop as well. She is so boring and two faced.

Kim is leaving this season for her spinoff, correct? I guess, we can expect 2 new cast mates for the next season?
I didn't hear about Kim leaving. I thought her spinoff was just for the wedding that would air for 2-3 weeks. I didn't think they were making it apart of their lineup.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
I've never known where they lived to be quite honest. But I've noticed the similarity between Peter's home that is shown on the series versus the rest of Glenwood. Thanks for confirming that... it makes sense though, as Bar One is just around the corner.

Quote:
LOL Kandi's old place was fine. But to keep it real for a second, the premise of the RH franchise is the glamorization of opulence, and frivolity. Considering the fact that Kandi is the wealthiest of the group, most viewers seem to expect more... as evidenced by the comments following my post. And Marlo is a stowaway.

Quote:
This show is tired now. Get rid of Betty Bop as well. She is so boring and two faced. Kim is leaving this season for her spinoff, correct? I guess, we can expect 2 new cast mates for the next season?
I'm not exactly sure that Kim is leaving either, I mean I'd expect it, but haven't seen anything official just yet. Marlo was supposed to be Lisa's replacement, but Bravo hesitated on her contract based on her criminal history. Bravo asked Michelle (local blogger) for potential candidate suggestions, and she recommended Tamika Raymond, Usher's former wife. Toya Carter was also mentioned as a contender, but I hope not lol

Old 04-25-2012, 12:12 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,712,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I didn't hear about Kim leaving. I thought her spinoff was just for the wedding that would air for 2-3 weeks. I didn't think they were making it apart of their lineup.
Oh ok. We usually ff through her parts so I have no idea anymore.

Quote:
=Aficionado;24016178]I've never known where they lived to be quite honest. But I've noticed the similarity between Peter's home that is shown on the series versus the rest of Glenwood. Thanks for confirming that... it makes sense though, as Bar One is just around the corner.
The pictures of the homes remind me of the shots of their home. I could be wrong. I assumed, they lived in Glenwood or the community off 20 near the Walmart on Gresham Road.

Quote:
LOL Kandi's old place was fine. But to keep it real for a second, the premise of the RH franchise is the glamorization of opulence, and frivolity. Considering the fact that Kandi is the wealthiest of the group, most viewers seem to expect more... as evidenced by the comments following my post. And Marlo is a stowaway.
Saving her money is why she can take care of all of them, if she wanted too!

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure that Kim is leaving either, I mean I'd expect it, but haven't seen anything official just yet. Marlo was supposed to be Lisa's replacement, but Bravo hesitated on her contract based on her criminal history. Bravo asked Michelle (local blogger) for potential candidate suggestions, and she recommended Tamika Raymond, Usher's former wife. Toya Carter was also mentioned as a contender, but I hope not lol
I wouldn't mind seeing Toya...mmm mmm good! . The other rumor was Ne Yo gf was up for the position. I guess, we shall see.

I know, I can't be the only one who busted out laughing when they showed Kim with the old wig? She has upgraded because that wig was atrocious .

I guess, the last video montage was Sheree goodbye for the show.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:23 AM

Quote:
The pictures of the homes remind me of the shots of their home. I could be wrong. I assumed, they lived in Glenwood or the community off 20 near the Walmart on Gresham Road.
This home in Glenwood (not theirs, I don't guess ) looks almost identical to the one on the series.

Glenwood Park Home Atlanta GA by www.NorthAtlantaHomes.org, on Flickr

Quote:
Saving her money is why she can take care of all of them, if she wanted too!
LOL, I just wanted to do a handspring when she said that! But I lost all respect (the little I had) for Marlo when she made the "well Cynthia's tall and pretty" comment to Kandi. That was just nasty. Kandi should have reached over there and slapped the earrings out of her ears.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing Toya...mmm mmm good! . The other rumor was Ne Yo gf was up for the position. I guess, we shall see.
Ohh yeah, Toya is hot, but I personally don't think she's fabulous enough (not that any of them are really, just sayin'), or trifling enough for the Housewives. She was fine enough for Lil Wayne to wife, so that should count for something I guess. And it's all over the blogs that she's a serious contender.

Quote:
I know, I can't be the only one who busted out laughing when they showed Kim with the old wig? She has upgraded because that wig was atrocious .
Kim has definitely stepped up her wig game. Those early wigs were raggedy as all get out! You never really notice the difference until they flash back.

Quote:
I guess, the last video montage was Sheree goodbye for the show.
From what I've read and seen via pics, Chateau Sheree is actually under construction which was a surprise to me. Sheree is done though, I'm glad to see her go quite honestly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV