Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 08:17 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,712,763 times

Advertisements

Yep, that is the house. I always presumed, they lived there.

Where is Chateau Sheree located? Time for a road trip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 09:28 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,425,834 times
I think Toya still has here show on BET. She's had a 2 shows on BET.

You are right about Kim's old wigs. She said we will be her real hair on her spinoff. But Kroy said on the union that she has a good amount of hair. I understand some women wear wigs to change it up but Kim wears wigs of the same style and color. Maybe her hair is thinner than she wants it.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:29 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,300,247 times
Those Glenwood homes are gorgeous! Are they in the ritzy area?

I'm sure the castmembers are seen everyday by quite a few people. They are probably just cautious about where they go. No more Wally World trips! LOL

Old 04-25-2012, 01:49 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,777,361 times
I think Andy needs some help casting these shows. There is a stark difference between how an angry queen (gay man) goes after others in a fight versus how a woman would do it. He's signing up people like Marlo who go super hard to the point where women are turned off. I was on the verge of abandoning the show after 2 episodes of Marlo. I didn't want to see that piece of sh*t glorified and her attacks made me want to come through the tv not laugh or shake my head as I usually would. Men like that feeling. They thrive on it. P*ss women off too often by going past the point on any possible reconciliation and they kick that b*tch out of the circle. The women on the show keep telling the producers they don't want to be bothered with that nonsense and these idiots don't get it. They have less and less to film because Kim won't stand for being abused anymore, Nene won't go into a circle she can't rule over, and on. Hell in NY Kelly got cut out for the same nonsense. They are killing their own shows. The way the first 2-3 seasons went was the perfect temperature. Now it's on steroids--too manly. Nene is too manly, Marlo is too manly, and Cynthia is working hard at becoming manly like Peter and Nene! I could see if this show was on LOGO but for a predominantly straight female audience it's too much testosterone.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:09 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,777,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionado View Post

LOL Kandi's old place was fine. But to keep it real for a second, the premise of the RH franchise is the glamorization of opulence, and frivolity. Considering the fact that Kandi is the wealthiest of the group, most viewers seem to expect more... as evidenced by the comments following my post. And Marlo is a stowaway.
That premise is played out. The housewives who are credit ballers are a drain because they can't keep the lifestyle up. We could see a helluva lot more if they'd stop putting so many of the fakers on the show. I wanna know what Khandi and Lisa on RHOBH and their kind do to keep their millions. I'm trying to see both the good as well as bad. Right now they only want to show the bad and the silly. I would like to have seen Khandi talking to investors and weeding them to find the right ones vs seeing Peter talking to investors and picking the wrong ones! That's the bizness right there!!! Baller vs faker smackdown! The little women at home can handle that. We're buying our homes at a rate that's unprecedented. We're running businesses at a rate that's unprecedented. It doesn't have to be all about going to Needless Markup (Neiman Marcus) and blowing a wad of your man's future earnings and just generally living in a dream world.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:05 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
OMG the reunion was just terrible. The ladies were screaming at each other so much you couldn't understand half of what they are saying. Over the Atlanta ladies.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:06 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
OMG the reunion was just terrible. The ladies were screaming at each other so much you couldn't understand half of what they are saying. Over the Atlanta ladies.
absolutely!

Old 04-25-2012, 07:57 PM

339 posts, read 696,297 times
Quote:
LOL I don't think Kandi necessarily has a problem with how NeNe feels about the product as much as her attitude in general.

I'm laughing because you can't stand Kandi. I think she's cool, a bit boring but cool nevertheless. I ended up liking Marlo more than I intended to, but she pissed me off coming at Kandi the way she did. Well for those who may be curious to see what Kandi's new pad looks like (everyone complained about the old one, including me) here it is:
I didn't mind Kandi's old house as far as it not being a mansion. What I didn't like was the dated look of her decor and furniture. Her old house looked like she did not decorate it since she bought it or since the previous owners decorated it; it had a 1980's look to it.

Why I liked her old house was because she lived within her means, maybe even below it. Unlike some of the other RHOA wives, who lost their homes or rented their homes and got kicked out because they could not even pay their rent. Those wives tried to live a lifestyle they really could not afford.
Kandi didn't lose her home during this economic downturn like some of her co-stars.

Kandi's new house is huuuge!!! I am surprised she got such a big house but I do believe she can afford it...more power to her.

Kandi may be noveau-riche but she has class about it...she's rich-b**tch but she does not have to advertise it; now that's class!!!

Old 04-25-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
That premise is played out. The housewives who are credit ballers are a drain because they can't keep the lifestyle up. We could see a helluva lot more if they'd stop putting so many of the fakers on the show. I wanna know what Khandi and Lisa on RHOBH and their kind do to keep their millions. I'm trying to see both the good as well as bad. Right now they only want to show the bad and the silly. I would like to have seen Khandi talking to investors and weeding them to find the right ones vs seeing Peter talking to investors and picking the wrong ones! That's the bizness right there!!! Baller vs faker smackdown! The little women at home can handle that. We're buying our homes at a rate that's unprecedented. We're running businesses at a rate that's unprecedented. It doesn't have to be all about going to Needless Markup (Neiman Marcus) and blowing a wad of your man's future earnings and just generally living in a dream world.
I don't know exactly how Kandi invests her earnings, but as far as her music, her main source of income, as a songwriter of many hit songs, she gets paid every time a song of hers gets played on the radio anywhere in the world. She also gets paid every time the record is bought or downloaded. She also gets paid if the song(s) she writes gets used in a commercial or covered by another artist.

She will also get paid if she is credited as the producer of the songs. Naturally these sources of income are available to any songwriter (Lennon-McCartney, Elton John, Michael Jackson) these folks get PAID.

McCartney wrote "Yesterday" almost 40plus years ago and he is still getting paid from that song today.

It's all well and good to sing the song, but write a hit song or two and you can live nicely and if you write and sing the songs--JACKPOT!!!

I don't think Kandi is frontin' on her money, she does strike me as frugal compared to the other women on the show (except maybe Phaedra, I think Phaedra has money, but like Kandi she earned it from her own labors, so I think she values it differently than maybe Nene, Kim and Sheree.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
LOL I don't think Kandi necessarily has a problem with how NeNe feels about the product as much as her attitude in general.

I'm laughing because you can't stand Kandi. I think she's cool, a bit boring but cool nevertheless. I ended up liking Marlo more than I intended to, but she pissed me off coming at Kandi the way she did. Well for those who may be curious to see what Kandi's new pad looks like (everyone complained about the old one, including me) here it is:
btw, the new home is this in Buckhead? This does not look like a Fayetteville-Peachtree City home like the former residence.

Last edited by NYPeach; 04-25-2012 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV