Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 09:25 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
The theme song for "It's About Time"? You mean, sort of like "It's about time. It's about space. It's about two men in the strangest place. Iiiit's about two astronauts. Iiiit's about their fate . . . ."

It's About Time? Never heard of that show.
Or the second-graders' version ...

It's about time
It's about space
It's about time I slapped your face

I never heard of it, either ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 02:33 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,617,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazertrek50 View Post
Wasn't it called "my Friend Flicka"?
Yes.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:37 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,617,748 times
77 Sunset Strip
Honey West
Lost in Space
Space Angel
Clutch Cargo
My Living Doll

Old 05-14-2012, 08:08 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,458,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Anybody out there remember THE INNER SANCTUM.
It always started with "Welcome to the Inner Sanctum !"
I also remember it from the radio show.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:14 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,458,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
She annoyed me, even as a child. LOL. I wondered why she didn't get fired.

But then again, I loved "My Mother The Car", usually listed as one of the worst TV shows ever aired. As a kid, I thought it was funny.

I also liked this show called "It's About Time" that no one seems to remember. I can sing the theme song. The premise was that two astronauts went back into time somehow and lived with cave people.
I remember "It's About Time." My younger sister used to go around the house singing the theme song.

Has anyone mentioned "The Time Tunnel"? That was where two men would jump in and out of a sort of sprial thingy into other decades or centuries. One of them was that cute James Darin. It only ran from 1966-67.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:10 AM

2,757 posts, read 4,002,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I remember "It's About Time." My younger sister used to go around the house singing the theme song.

Has anyone mentioned "The Time Tunnel"? That was where two men would jump in and out of a sort of sprial thingy into other decades or centuries. One of them was that cute James Darin. It only ran from 1966-67.
Time Tunnel was the show! Yes, James Darren was the younger hunk. BOTH guys were handsome, simply yummy. I remember James' tight pants and sharp boots (and I was only 6/7 yrs. old)

Anyone remember COMBAT? My friend loved that show. She said there were several guest stars, and most of them died in their episode. She said Sal Mineo played a soldier (who, of course, died). Yes, that's war - but still ...

BTW, the handsome co-star Rick Jason committed suicide. I remember watching a Youtube clip with his character reading (aloud) the dog-tags of deceased soldiers. There were SO many dog-tags, and one could tell that he was struggling to be a soldier and not let emotions overtake him. That deep voice staying strong and steady while keeping his emotions in check was some good drama indeed. Mr. Jason did a good job there.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:41 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,919,305 times
Oh yes, Combat was a favorite. I'm not sure I'd consider that an obscure show, but as I pointed out in an earlier post, I guess that your perception of a show as obscure or a show all the kids talked about depends what age you were at the time. Even a few years of differeence with young kids makes a huge difference in how mature they are, and their interests, including television shows. Kids of a certain age could view a show as a major fixture of their childhood television viewing, while kids even a couple of years either side of them might hardly pay attention to the same show, and barely recall its existence years later.

No matter how well you do or don't recall it, Combat was quite a show. As a little kid I liked it for the action. I've seen it during a couple of stretches in reruns in more recent years, and have gained a whole new appreciation of the show, viewing it from an adult perspective. They did a great job of mixing stories about particular situations the soldiers had to deal with and figure out how to survive, with other stories that managed to provoke thought about the realities of war in a way that worked within the confines of television and limits on violence that can be shown, and that dealt with issues of war in a way that avoided preachy moralising but unpretentiously stirred serious thought.

As much as I have liked Rick Jason's character, when viewing the show in reruns I've especially appreciated Vic Morrow's character, because of the character's complexity. He was tough, resourceful, and fiercely loyal to the men in his platoon, was a very capable soldier who killed Germans ruthlessly when necessary, but in quieter moments revealed a reflective side that utterly abhorred war, hated war, as the saying goes, "as only a soldier can." Great charcter and great show.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:39 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,317 posts, read 8,657,870 times
The Whirlybirds

Old 05-20-2012, 08:57 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Sky King

Old 05-20-2012, 09:13 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times
I was born in '62 and do know my parents loved The Dean Martin Show. It was one of their favorites. The Dean Martin Roasts were a riot.

Foster Brooks on Dean Martin Roasts - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV