Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2012, 12:01 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times

Advertisements

My opinion...the show's circling the drain. The whole plane crash thing seemed pretty dumb. I think they said they were "lost in the woods" for a week. No comercial/charter plane is going down like that without being found, and found quickly. The country between Seattle and Boise isn't THAT remote. Killing off characters seems to be their approach to failed contract negotiations. And for christ sakes, get rid of Christina. Really sick of her ego and pettyness, seems like a spoiled teenager.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 12:19 PM

171 posts, read 325,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
My opinion...the show's circling the drain. The whole plane crash thing seemed pretty dumb. I think they said they were "lost in the woods" for a week. No comercial/charter plane is going down like that without being found, and found quickly. The country between Seattle and Boise isn't THAT remote. Killing off characters seems to be their approach to failed contract negotiations. And for christ sakes, get rid of Christina. Really sick of her ego and pettyness, seems like a spoiled teenager.
Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but it's a freaking TV drama, not a television news report.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:47 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,105,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I agree. I get that it is a television drama but enough already. I liked that Christina addressed this in the season finale with the "Seattle Grace Mercy Death" comment, but come on--after a little while major tragedy after major tragedy becomes less believable. There are plenty of shows that address the drama aspect by highlighting personal issues without being all major crazy plot twists all of the time.

Characters having cancer, alzheimers, etc. was believable. Ferry accident was semi believable. A shooter in the hospital, especially in these crazy days, was believable. But at this point they are making the show too soapy, and that's bad.

And as much as I liked Christina's character for the longest time, I'm sick of her ego too. How many times does she have to get slapped down before she learns to choose her battles?

Old 09-28-2012, 02:36 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,216,845 times
I did not know Eric Dane was leaving the show so I was stunned. I DVR'd the eppie so I was not prepared for this show this morning! I am haunted by the fact I was not at my husband's side when he died and this eppie made me meltdown 20 mins after getting out of bed! I had to pause the tv and go call a friend who calmed me down. After that phone call and being calmed, I could continue to finish watching without dissolving. I'm going to miss Sloane. I wonder if Derek will call Addison over at Private Practice?

Has Arizona comitted suicide? I noticed that creepy new doc extended his condolences to Callie and then they show Callie weeping in the booty call room and Alex protecting the door from being opened again.

Say what you will about Alex but he has a heart as big as the Grand Canyon. I like him. I'm glad he stayed.

I'm so glad Christina got her "notice". Shape up or ship out.

I was thinking Bailey trained Meredith well. Or she was just taking her emotions out on the interns. It never occured to me that she was channeling her mother!

Looking forward to next week's eppie and seeing what went down in the immediate aftermath of the crash and when we last saw them in the woods.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I did not know Eric Dane was leaving the show so I was stunned. I DVR'd the eppie so I was not prepared for this show this morning! I am haunted by the fact I was not at my husband's side when he died and this eppie made me meltdown 20 mins after getting out of bed! I had to pause the tv and go call a friend who calmed me down. After that phone call and being calmed, I could continue to finish watching without dissolving. I'm going to miss Sloane. I wonder if Derek will call Addison over at Private Practice?

Has Arizona comitted suicide? I noticed that creepy new doc extended his condolences to Callie and then they show Callie weeping in the booty call room and Alex protecting the door from being opened again.

Say what you will about Alex but he has a heart as big as the Grand Canyon. I like him. I'm glad he stayed.

I'm so glad Christina got her "notice". Shape up or ship out.

I was thinking Bailey trained Meredith well. Or she was just taking her emotions out on the interns. It never occured to me that she was channeling her mother!

Looking forward to next week's eppie and seeing what went down in the immediate aftermath of the crash and when we last saw them in the woods.
Did your DVR cut off at the end? They show what happened to Arizona in the final scene.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:03 PM

4,065 posts, read 5,650,752 times
Just a brief moment really. Callie opens the door to encourage Arizona to get up. Arizona's in bed and her hostility toward Callie seemed pretty extreme. Obviously hasn't dealt with what happened and blamed Callie for the amputation of her leg!

Old 09-28-2012, 03:17 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,216,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Just a brief moment really. Callie opens the door to encourage Arizona to get up. Arizona's in bed and her hostility toward Callie seemed pretty extreme. Obviously hasn't dealt with what happened and blamed Callie for the amputation of her leg!
Yes, I saw all that but I just got the feeling that something bigger happened. That weeping Callie was doing just struck me as something more than the leg. Maybe it's just me.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Yes, I saw all that but I just got the feeling that something bigger happened. That weeping Callie was doing just struck me as something more than the leg. Maybe it's just me.
The weeping Callie was before she walked in to see Arizona in the timeline. The final scene wasn't a flashback. Callie came home from watching Mark die, she saw Arizona lying in the bed and she went off on her.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:27 PM

36,442 posts, read 16,045,622 times
Well I liked it and yes it is soapy but still pretty interesting. Looking forward to next weeks epi.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:56 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,658,428 times
I really don't even want to think about this but wasn't it both legs?
I almost fainted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV