Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 08:59 PM

884 posts, read 1,062,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
JP has never struck me as pushover. Like most engaged couples, I'm sure he and Ashley have had plenty of conversations on how they want their life to be, so I'm sure her speaking about children, or where they will live isn't about her making those decisions alone, it's just her voicing what they both decided.

Anyway, I've commented enough on Ashley and JP, we can go back to Ben and Courtney, unfortunately they are just a big yuckfest. I don't even care what happens with them, I find them both so boring. I'm sure the big "Break up" cover of them on People is coming soon.
I don't think anyone is calling JP or Ashley a pushover, to be honest, not sure where you got that from. I think the public just wanted to hear and see more from JP....but that's we got we got from ABC. We can't complain....just wish for more. I think many of us are commenting on Ashley and JP because they are way more interesting and hopeful than the Ben/Courtney combination that seems to be on its way downhill as we post! Unfortunately, no couple on this show is the typical "engaged couple" since they meet in the public eye and only have limited to get to know each other. To each his own.....but I don't think JP nor Ashley are pushovers, just to clarify. Just after all the public exposure, was hoping to hear more from both sides since this is not the typical situation. Hope all goes well with JP and Ashley as posted before!

Last edited by elizabeth_cali; 03-15-2012 at 09:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 09:13 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,873,576 times
looking forward to seeing who will be on a future dancing with the stars: Courtney or Ben.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:06 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,200,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
I don't think anyone is calling JP or Ashley a pushover, to be honest, not sure where you got that from. I think the public just wanted to hear and see more from JP....but that's we got we got from ABC. We can't complain....just wish for more. I think many of us are commenting on Ashley and JP because they are way more interesting and hopeful than the Ben/Courtney combination that seems to be on its way downhill as we post! Unfortunately, no couple on this show is the typical "engaged couple" since they meet in the public eye and only have limited to get to know each other. To each his own.....but I don't think JP nor Ashley are pushovers, just to clarify. Just after all the public exposure, was hoping to hear more from both sides since this is not the typical situation. Hope all goes well with JP and Ashley as posted before!
I used the word pushover because if Ashley were controlling their lives, making all the decisions, and not letting him have a say, that would make JP a pushover, that's all, I know no one called him (or her) that. He knows the baby names they chose, so they have clearly discussed having children in detail. I agree that they are much more interesting than Ben and Courtney, I would rather the whole show have been about them, I just don't want to get reamed for going off topic.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:21 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
Anyone else think that Ben dumping Courtney while he watched the show made him a jerk??
I thought his doing that was pretty low, especially since He already knew the other girls had a problem w/ her. I've sort of been over him since he skinny dipped...What a low thing to do w/ so many women having given up there lives to be on the show...Disrespectful. But, He chose Courtney... He should have been man enough to stand by her. Now I think Courtney should move on.....No one deserves that after going through this experience. Man up Ben....stand by her...or let he go her own way.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:33 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,873,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Anyone else think that Ben dumping Courtney while he watched the show made him a jerk??
I thought his doing that was pretty low, especially since He already knew the other girls had a problem w/ her. I've sort of been over him since he skinny dipped...What a low thing to do w/ so many women having given up there lives to be on the show...Disrespectful. But, He chose Courtney... He should have been man enough to stand by her. Now I think Courtney should move on.....No one deserves that after going through this experience. Man up Ben....stand by her...or let he go her own way.
I don't think he stayed away from her because of how she treated the other women. I think it had more to do with him feeling like a chump, and not knowing whether she mislead him. Remember, on the show, earlier on, she made it seem like she was playing a game and wanting to win. He saw that on TV, and it probably freaked him out. This is just speculation on my part.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:33 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,200,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Yes, I thought that was incredibly lame.

Does anyone think it's possible that they are admitting the break up, (or even making it up) and that he abandoned her to take some of the hate off her, and put it on him to make her more sympathetic? I know that's giving him a lot of credit, but I thought of it when he talked about how they decided to have her go try on wedding dresses while the "cheating scandal" was tabloid news. They clearly strategize. I don't know, it was just a thought I had. It could have even been someone else's idea, like a producer, or publicist.

If he just stayed with her the whole time, everyone would think he was a complete fool who condones her nasty behavior, and they'd both be despised. If he breaks up with her altogether, he just a fool who was totally played, and humiliated (again!) AND he doesn't get to sleep with her anymore. The way it is now with him abandoning her, then going back with her, she gets a little sympathy, he looks like a jerk, but not a TOTAL jerk who condones bad behavior.

Oy vey, I don't know why I am over thinking this, I do not give a crap about that stupid couple!

Last edited by detshen; 03-15-2012 at 10:57 PM..

Old 03-15-2012, 10:59 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Yes, I thought that was incredibly lame.

Does anyone think it's possible that they are admitting the break up, (or even making it up) and that he abandoned her to take some of the hate off her, and put it on him to make her more sympathetic? I know that's giving him a lot of credit, but I thought of it when he talked about how they decided to have her go try on wedding dresses while the "cheating scandal" was tabloid news. They clearly strategize. I don't know, it was just a thought I had. It could have even been someone else's idea, like a producer, or publicist.

If he just stayed with her the whole time, everyone would think he was a complete fool who condones her nasty behavior, and they'd both be despised. If he breaks up with her altogether, he just a fool who was totally played, and humiliated (again!) AND he doesn't get to sleep with her anymore. The way it is now with him abandoning her, then going back with her, she gets a little sympathy, he looks like a jerk, but not a TOTAL jerk who condones bad behavior.
You are giving Ben far too much credit here. Courtney is very, very media savvy. She has dated several well-known actors (including Jesse Metcalf from Desperate Housewives and Adrien Grenier from Entourage) along with Hollywood agents, producers, fashion photographers, etc...so Courtney knows the score on how to work the media machine. She is definitely the svengali, if there is one in this scenario. She knew that she had to do something on ATFR that would throw a bit more sympathy in her direction.

'The Bachelor' Winner Courtney Robertson Not In Love With Ben Flajnik

Old 03-15-2012, 11:26 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,381,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
I don't think he stayed away from her because of how she treated the other women. I think it had more to do with him feeling like a chump, and not knowing whether she mislead him. Remember, on the show, earlier on, she made it seem like she was playing a game and wanting to win. He saw that on TV, and it probably freaked him out. This is just speculation on my part.
You may be speculating, but it sounds really plausible.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:14 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
Courtney may be media savvy, but I cannot imagine this leading to any type of career for her or improve her modeling career. She made herself a complete jerk throughout the show, and only until after became sympathetic.

I think if Ben did stand by her, he wouldn't have looked like a fool. He stated, he would stand by her no matter what, and he didn't.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:06 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,486,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Courtney may be media savvy, but I cannot imagine this leading to any type of career for her or improve her modeling career. She made herself a complete jerk throughout the show, and only until after became sympathetic.

I think if Ben did stand by her, he wouldn't have looked like a fool. He stated, he would stand by her no matter what, and he didn't.
Agreed. I think it hurt her career not helped it. She was boo'd from the audience, what did she expect. Ben's true colors have come out this season. LIke I said before, I liked him on Ashlees season but now I have no respect for him....or Courtney. Glad this season is over. They will be broke up soon if they haven't already. Let's get a handsome bachelor next time and a gal that doesn't play with her hair and talk like a baby.

When in doubt read the TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV