Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2013, 08:58 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,231,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I think more and more people are warming up to Nicki. When you look past her "shocking" outfits and weirdness, she is actually a good judge.
I totally disagree. I liked her before I saw the way she behaves on this show. I do not like how she takes over constantly, butting in one the other judges comments. And, I haven't always thought that she was encouraging to those she sent home. I especialy disiked the first shows where she always had something ugly to infer. But, I can's say much better about Mariah...except that at east Mariah seems more humble and caring of the contestants feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 07:02 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,451,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Knock knock anyone home
Anyone watching or you guys still boycotting?
I'm not even pulling for Johnny Keyser this year.

I'm not watching this year (first year ever). Not boycotting...just not interested.

Is Johnny Keyser on it again? That's interesting -- also interesting that you're not pulling for him, Sunny. You were his biggest fan last year. What made the difference this season? is the other talent really that good?

Old 02-08-2013, 07:18 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,409,802 times
Quote:
Knock knock anyone home Anyone watching or you guys still boycotting?
Well, I had planned on not watching it onaccounta the blatantly orchestrated diva-drama between Minaj and Mariah. But come Jan 16th there I was Old habits die hard I guess.

I hadn't paid much attention to Keith Urban before, but I'm really liking him. Love to watch the way he rides along with a song, his expressions changing with the melody. And he has that cute little frontal lisp.

Mariah is surprising me, she is not playing into the antics. She is concentrating on her job and I give her props for that. Despite all the hair-arranging.

Minaj runs hot and cold. Sometimes she's funny, sometimes she's bitchy, like last night - no need to criticize the contestants after the fact. They were done. Although her comments to Matheus (about forgetting about his height and not milking it) were valid, if harsh. I've gotten used to her fashion sense, but her voice still grates on my nerves. And she seems to have taken over the judges panel. I wonder if Randy gave it up to her, or if that's just her way.

Don't have much to say about the contestants, they're still new and I am not invested in anyone yet.

Except Papa Peachez. I really wanted him to get through - if only so I could say Papa Peachez some more. But sadly . . . no. OK once more. Papa Peachez.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:51 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,989,709 times
I'm actually enjoying it more this year than in the past few years.

I haven't watched it as much during the past few seasons after obvious winners like Adam Lambert came in second, and that turned me off to the show.

I'm glad they finally cut out most of the "joke" auditions, and stuck mostly to the seriously talented people.

I like Keith Urban as a judge. He has a pleasant personality, and is not overly theatrical like some past judges.

Niki Minaj is a bit too weird for me. If any judge eventually leaves, I hope it's her. She seems to always want to instigate "cat" fights with Mariah. She also seems to be looking for a "boyfriend" in some of the male contestants.

Mariah Carey is very nice. I hope she stays. She is a perfect replacement for J Lo.

Randy seems a little more dominating this year, almost like he feels he is now the "lead" judge.

Many of the performers this year have been incredible. You can already see some of them as being future stars.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:35 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,816,847 times
I hated this season the first couple of times I watched, but it's growing on me. There is some incredible talent , and I really enjoyed some of the group performances this week. I also like the way they changed it up and had the boys and the girls be separate during Hollywood Week.

I still don't like Nikki Minaj. Sometimes she's so sweet and other times unnecessarily harsh. I felt bad for Matheus last night but had to agree with Nikki's sentiment, though I thought she could have delivered it better.

I'm starting to really enjoy Keith Urban as a judge, and I'm impressed with Mariah that she's taking the high road and not getting into it with Nikki as much as she might like to. She does seem very caring of the contestants and tries to be kind vs. mean or bitchy.

Looking forward to seeing the girls next week.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:55 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,783,353 times
Does anyone know that flaming gay guy's name? He's just to annoying, i hope he goes.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,545,693 times
Keith has grown on me too and I am glad he told me he was Australian as I couldn't figure out how a country artist have that accent.
Im know you some might not agree and respect your view point but I thought Nicki was giving honest criticism and coaching on what needs to improve. She also gave heart warm positive feedback. however she give positive feed back to ones I dont understand too. lol. She might be new Simon Cowell. I think for now she might be a good judge who offers great advice.
She appeals to AI younger demographic so I understand her pupose with that as well. I like her outfits especially hats and glad she wearing natural color hair wigs.
Mariah I havent form to much opinion yet and Randy is Randy will see how he and all three behave at judges table in top 24

RancoNaN,
Papa Peachez was ok but he didn't take Nicki advice and really bring it on his solo night. He blames it on he doesn't like to do covers. I was thinking when he said that even during audition, that is what the whole season of AI does sing other artist music since it's inception.

PhotogGal
Im glad they changed Hollywood week up too.
I thought they did good with the grouping and having it all male makes it easier to have harmony or pick out weak ones with it like that. I also like how they did away with dividing those who stay or go in rooms. That probably saved them an hour of real time.
I hated to see Matheus and I understand Nicki comment. There was no need of him to do intro on his height when the judges already knew that and everyone who watch intro.
He a good guy, funny as all on his FB.
Only reason Im glad he gone is because I have so many now I want to vote for.
Survivor starts next Wed so I will miss group for girl but will catch the solo on Thursday.

TFW46
Your right there is a lot of good talent that they have aired there some they sent thru that we didnt get to see.
I guess my view with Johnny is I already know what kind of music he will make and I enjoyed the autographed to me CD that he personally made. I feel like now AI trying to get him a record company.
Just like last year he had a bad group but he was at fault for alot of it this time.
He lucky he didnt get sent home for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp6y...WLndm&index=16

I love his CD its great traveling music. Here sample of what the CD is like. Love every song on it.
Spoiler

[Johnny Keyser | Early Morning Rain | Official music video - YouTube

Here is Charlie I agree with Nicki on intro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhKU...3WLndm&index=2

Here is Nick https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64pq...3WLndm&index=7

My favorite is second one on this Lazaro but Paul is good too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCTt...3WLndm&index=8

Old 02-08-2013, 01:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,545,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Does anyone know that flaming gay guy's name? He's just to annoying, i hope he goes.

lol which one.

What color was his hair?

Old 02-08-2013, 06:04 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,793,794 times
I don't view the show often however there are a ton of homosexuals on this show. Incredibly talented however I can't say I have ever seen such a large turn out of homosexuals. I feel it's that gay agenda they're attempting to push on the masses. Possibly because Nikki M has quite a gay following. Either way I wish the contestants good luck.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:49 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,409,802 times
Quote:
RancoNaN,
Papa Peachez was ok but he didn't take Nicki advice and really bring it on his solo night. He blames it on he doesn't like to do covers. I was thinking when he said that even during audition, that is what the whole season of AI does sing other artist music since it's inception.
Yeah, I noticed that too - he was great in the auditions and made an impression. But after that - meh. And when Minaj said how disappointed in him she was, it didn't even seem to care.
Makes me think that he just used the audition to promote himself and his song, and wasn't even planning to go any farther. Since he doesn't do covers Too bad. He was interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV