Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 07:04 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,153,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
That's just it. Her husband is a big shot at CBS. She's fairly smart and well respected and probably makes very good money herself. Why subject herself to such mediocrity. Its been a ratings loser since the beginning. Oh well.
The ratings are good for a summer series that is cheap to make. They get 6-7 million viewers per episode, and she's been doing it since Day 1. She probably considers it her baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 07:55 AM

3,985 posts, read 5,016,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
The ratings are good for a summer series that is cheap to make. They get 6-7 million viewers per episode, and she's been doing it since Day 1. She probably considers it her baby.
I truly believe it's her baby! Just because one poster on the FAN thread doesn't like this show, doesn't mean it's crap. I didn't catch all of seasons 1 & 2...although I've caught every episode since!! I thought the premise was crazy at first and used to laugh at my sister who got all wrapped up. Now, I'm the obsessed one...I get it. I also complain about it every summer, but I love it nonetheless.

I think that no matter how much racism or truly vile things we see, it's an opportunity for all of us (out here) to discuss. We should be on the same page, I think, so it's good for us to unite. To say it's wrong to be a racist but then seeing it in action, is important for all the future Aaryn's out there...maybe they see it as wrong and start to change their behavior. Well, enough of my soapbox, but that is my wish. And I think the Chenbot is an excellent host of this show...she's aware, she loves it, she's invested in it, she's fun to watch and personally, I think she's a beautiful, driven woman. I hope the show goes on and on for many years to come.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:20 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Honestly....I think Howard is just a really nice person. he was definitely offended by some of her comments, but at the end of the day she's a person and she makes mistakes. if there's anybody that understands that, it is a man of god, which Howard is.

i personally am not religious, but Howard is a very devoted christian and he seems not to judge people for who they are, which i respect. because me being a black man, i would not talk to Aaryn at all.
Neither would I, skins. I wouldn't be rude (or at least try not to be)
or anything but I sure wouldn't hold conversations or do gym work with her BUT I bet he trying to TEACH her something by doing all that. He's trying to show her by example that the only difference is skin color and if that's what he is doing, he's doing a great job IMO. WILL she learn? I hope so, I did and that's why I said before it's an individual thing with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I truly believe it's her baby! Just because one poster on the FAN thread doesn't like this show, doesn't mean it's crap. I didn't catch all of seasons 1 & 2...although I've caught every episode since!! I thought the premise was crazy at first and used to laugh at my sister who got all wrapped up. Now, I'm the obsessed one...I get it. I also complain about it every summer, but I love it nonetheless.

I think that no matter how much racism or truly vile things we see, it's an opportunity for all of us (out here) to discuss. We should be on the same page, I think, so it's good for us to unite. To say it's wrong to be a racist but then seeing it in action, is important for all the future Aaryn's out there...maybe they see it as wrong and start to change their behavior. Well, enough of my soapbox, but that is my wish. And I think the Chenbot is an excellent host of this show...she's aware, she loves it, she's invested in it, she's fun to watch and personally, I think she's a beautiful, driven woman. I hope the show goes on and on for many years to come.
Oh Shell, the first two seasons were SO different! I got hooked right away.

I have always thought Julie Chen was a gorgeous woman. LOL, I complain every year too but always watch the next season.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:49 AM

I can't FIND the first two seasons...where do I look? I caught bits and pieces on TV at the time, but when I try to go back, I only find YouTube stuff...I probably would've been hooked right away but that was when I was sick and I couldn't concentrate on much...anyway, season 3, I was ON BOARD!!! And yes, they were so different...oh, I long for those days!!

Old 07-17-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I can't FIND the first two seasons...where do I look? I caught bits and pieces on TV at the time, but when I try to go back, I only find YouTube stuff...I probably would've been hooked right away but that was when I was sick and I couldn't concentrate on much...anyway, season 3, I was ON BOARD!!! And yes, they were so different...oh, I long for those days!!
Try these...

Watch Big Brother Season 1 Full Episodes

http://www.ovguide.com/tv_season/big...season-2-76706

Watch Big Brother 2 Season 2 Online | TV Shows | SideReel

Old 07-17-2013, 09:38 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
My wife and I have watched BB from the get-go of Season 1. Of course, the first season was very, very different from successive seasons. It was also on virtually every night (30 minutes wrap-ups of the days events) except, I believe, for Saturday.

How we enjoyed coming home from work every evening and sitting down to watch the original hamsters. I will note that the Season 1 people had NOTHING in the house for occupying their time (no pool table, chess set, etc.). They did, if I recall, have the swimming pool with the yellow floating duck, and they spent hours making up games with the duck. I think they had a washing machine for their clothes, but to dry they only had an old fashioned wringer.

If one decides to watch the first season, watch for when Chicken George began to lose his mind. He came up with some idea that if all of the remaining hamsters left the house at once, then 'we win!'. George spent so much time trying to convince the others to leave the house together, explaining that he had figured it all out, that the BB voice had to intervene and tell them George was wrong, and if they all left the house the game and prize was forfeit (I can imagine the producers were getting nervous about George leading the hamsters out of the house, since they had good ratings and weeks to go).

The first season was also fun due to the fan interaction: you literally had fans trying to throw things over the walls encompassing the back yard: messages and such. I believe that season also had several airplanes flying overhead tailing messages (now days, BB makes everyone go inside until such planes are gone, and I believe that after that first season they moved the 'house' to an inside area of the CBS lot).

Of course, for Season 1, it was the fans who put up the two hamster for possible eviction. I do not recall, however, if the remaining hamsters then voted on who left, or if it were the public. Does anyone recall?

Old 07-17-2013, 09:50 AM

1,574 posts, read 5,119,088 times
Can't wait for Aaryn's exit interview with Julie Chen.

on the Talk, Chen has expressed how appalled she is about that girl's racist remarks.

Hope Chen's the one who announces on national tv that she's lost her job....that because of how she portrayed herself to the entire country- only the worst is to come for her in terms of life opportunities/ her reputation.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:09 AM

[quote=legalsea;30529039]My wife and I have watched BB from the get-go of Season 1. Of course, the first season was very, very different from successive seasons. It was also on virtually every night (30 minutes wrap-ups of the days events) except, I believe, for Saturday.

How we enjoyed coming home from work every evening and sitting down to watch the original hamsters. I will note that the Season 1 people had NOTHING in the house for occupying their time (no pool table, chess set, etc.). They did, if I recall, have the swimming pool with the yellow floating duck, and they spent hours making up games with the duck. I think they had a washing machine for their clothes, but to dry they only had an old fashioned wringer.

If one decides to watch the first season, watch for when Chicken George began to lose his mind. He came up with some idea that if all of the remaining hamsters left the house at once, then 'we win!'. George spent so much time trying to convince the others to leave the house together, explaining that he had figured it all out, that the BB voice had to intervene and tell them George was wrong, and if they all left the house the game and prize was forfeit (I can imagine the producers were getting nervous about George leading the hamsters out of the house, since they had good ratings and weeks to go).

The first season was also fun due to the fan interaction: you literally had fans trying to throw things over the walls encompassing the back yard: messages and such. I believe that season also had several airplanes flying overhead tailing messages (now days, BB makes everyone go inside until such planes are gone, and I believe that after that first season they moved the 'house' to an inside area of the CBS lot).

Of course, for Season 1, it was the fans who put up the two hamster for possible eviction. I do not recall, however, if the remaining hamsters then voted on who left, or if it were the public. Does anyone recall?[/quote]

Yes, legal, AMERICA voted out the hamster. Remember there was a big tadoo about those planes trying to sway people's votes? CBS had to re-do the voting system because of that. The original BB House was a real house that BB took over for the show. I think. It's been 13 years!!!

Old 07-17-2013, 01:36 PM

2 P.M. and the only one up is Helen. 2:08 Candice is seen. Then Howard and Judd. Everyone else is still in bed. What a waste of money on those feeds. I won't do it again. I should have known better since I watched when the feeds were free back in season 1.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
2 P.M. and the only one up is Helen. 2:08 Candice is seen. Then Howard and Judd. Everyone else is still in bed. What a waste of money on those feeds. I won't do it again. I should have known better since I watched when the feeds were free back in season 1.
Tami...you crack me up!! I'm not gonna lie...a lot of the times, the hamsters are worthless. You watch the feeds, though, for times like last Thursday...and Friday...and everytime CBS gives them alcohol. Holy smokes...it's worth 25 bucks just for those nights...everything else is gravy.

And that goes against my rule I developed last year...never be the first one to bed and never be the last one up. Those are the people who usually get blindsided because they feel comfortable enough to sleep. People scheme and plot and just a few short hours, their minds will change and you might go home!!

I know what you mean though...watching them sleep is lame...although what season was the "talking in his sleep" fireman? OMG, that was funny!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV