Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2013, 10:27 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times

Advertisements

Wowzer! I got so wrapped up towards the end at tribal council with the tie, my poor kitty was going nuts. She was all over my feet, bumping my ankles and purring up a storm because her food dish was empty. I kept telling her "Wait a minute, kitty, I have to see how this plays out. Just a few more minutes."

She's fine and full now. We humans are a strange lot.

I liked Gervase's explanation to Monica on how others can see our loved ones in a different light under different circumstances. She was so puzzled as to why Culpepper's team didn't like him. Gervase's was right that sometimes people just dislike the leader but I think it was more than that. Culpepper was just unlikable. I wonder if the loved ones had been on the same team, Monica would have been surprised at how he behaved himself. I think Laura was kind of surprised at the way people responded to Rupert too.

Just a bit of teary eyes with Ciera's mom Laura talking about how on the one hand she had to compete with her daughter to win but on the other it put her daughter in a position of being voted out.

That always puts in mind my mom and how different it would be if we were in that position. I wonder if anyone here would find the same thing. My mom passed away at age 94. She was competitive til the day she died always beating everyone in the assisted care home at cards, bingo and any game anyone wanted to play. Mind as sharp as a tack. Our family always liked to play board games. Whether in teams or one on one and she would wipe the floor with whomever was on the opposing team. No matter if it was one of her kids, it was "show 'em no mercy." Were she and I both young and playing against each other on "Survivor" she would be killing me.

My sisters and I were the same way. Go for the jugular. No tears there. Kill or be killed. But kill anyone who came against one of us as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 10:36 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Ciera couldn't vote~~~ so Caleb, Tina's daughter & Vytas voted for Brad I didn't see the crossed out mark on Hayden's parchment.
I saw it, if you blinked you'd of missed it. Was happy to see the blindside. Until Caleb said something I think the other guys were afraid of Culppper and didn't want to upset him, then they got the tie and saw a the opening and a chance to blindside him.

Enjoyable show tonight.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:03 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,607,055 times
DirecTV went out in my area RIGHT at the beginning of the 2nd vote. Black screen just as they were walking over to vote. You can bet I was screeching at the tv! Thanks for letting me know what happened.

I don't know that it was a smart move, strength wise. That tribe HAS been losing because the puzzle solvers weren't quick enough. Hayden was right that they should have kept Culpepper purely because he was so disliked to take the heat off of everyone else after the merge.

So, is that tribe just going to continue to be decimated?

And when the merge occurs, will it turn into the singles v the couples? I bet!

I like this season too.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:12 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
I saw it, if you blinked you'd of missed it. Was happy to see the blindside. Until Caleb said something I think the other guys were afraid of Culppper and didn't want to upset him, then they got the tie and saw a the opening and a chance to blindside him.

Enjoyable show tonight.
I saw it too. I was wondering if it was okay to scratch out you vote and change it like that and then I thought well, why not? I don't think there are any rules against it. But it was a real nail biter. Caleb is one smart cookie. I think it was his comment that he was going to vote for Culpepper that did the trick. It gave some of the others who may have been on the fence or didn't have the courage to vote form him too. And then the tie made them even more brave. I hope Candace and John win over him at the next RI challenge.

I wonder if as the previews hinted, Caleb will be in charge next week. I hope he won't turn into another Colton.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:49 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
Both Caleb and Brad are lawyers, only Caleb went into farming after law school, but now works as a conductor or something on a passenger train....but, Caleb and Brad have that "go for the jugular" legal training, and it's paying off for Caleb as he goes up against another lawyer. Caleb is the thoughtful, slow moving, but dangerous type lawyer, and Brad's a hot shot who's loud and obnoxious, but also the one fighting the "deep pocket" guys to get money for the down trodden clients of his....he's pushy and loud against Calebs quiet, thoughtful, deep thinker approach.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:32 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,147,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Both Caleb and Brad are lawyers, only Caleb went into farming after law school, but now works as a conductor or something on a passenger train....but, Caleb and Brad have that "go for the jugular" legal training, and it's paying off for Caleb as he goes up against another lawyer. Caleb is the thoughtful, slow moving, but dangerous type lawyer, and Brad's a hot shot who's loud and obnoxious, but also the one fighting the "deep pocket" guys to get money for the down trodden clients of his....he's pushy and loud against Calebs quiet, thoughtful, deep thinker approach.
Well that makes him sound awful noble ... but bottom line, he's an automobile accident lawyer. That's pretty much an ambulance chaser. I visited his firm's webpage with his bio. And I can't say I'm impressed. Sure he's got several degrees, in History, Sports Administration (i guess the only positive I have to those, is that it wasn't the usual, sports journalism), and then he went to law school. More than three-fourths of the page, supposedly touting his lawyering, is all about his football accomplishments.

Caleb's education was in Political Science, and then law school. I'm not sure he even finished law school, from what I read. I know he never practiced. He said it just wasn't for him.

And you're right ... Brad's got that loud and obnoxious down pat. What a great joy to watch him get booted. I hope John & Candice can finish him off next week.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:50 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,190,523 times
Wow I never saw that coming. If Caleb can last through RI I think he has a good chance. Not saying I like him. Just saying he is a good game player. This is turning into a great season.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:49 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,166,444 times
Haha - Culpepper, how do you like those blindsides now?

Old 10-10-2013, 06:28 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,087 times
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I didn't see anything wrong in the way Brad played the game, and I'm said to see him gone. I thought he played the "game" correctly, and I think he got the shaft when it came to others' opinions of him. It wasn't solely his decision to vote those people out, and someone has to be voted out, it's a game!

Old 10-10-2013, 06:53 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I didn't see anything wrong in the way Brad played the game, and I'm said to see him gone. I thought he played the "game" correctly, and I think he got the shaft when it came to others' opinions of him. It wasn't solely his decision to vote those people out, and someone has to be voted out, it's a game!
Yeah, you're in the minority, skeeter. I was like that when Russell Hantz played. Brad was playing the game well and playing well does not lead to being well liked, especially with the home audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV