Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2013, 10:41 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times

Advertisements

I've watched Amanda crying on the feeds in the last couple of days. It seemed genuine but didn't make ANY sense to me. She has a brash personality and that doesn't jive at all with her being thin-skinned and blubbering so much. I had a light-bulb moment this morning.

Aaryn and Amanda both take Adderall. Early in the season Elissa upset Aaryn by make negative remarks about that. She also told someone else that "it wasn't fair" which puzzled me. I'd never heard of Adderall so I looked it up. It's a form of amphetamine.

Last week when Amanda on the block, just before the POV competition, she mentioned that she had doubled up on her Adderall. This week, just before one of the competitions, she went to take her Adderall.

I suspect Amanda has been overdosing on her Adderall since she first went up on the block last week. I looked up possible side effects of taking Adderall and it can include anxiety, nervousness and easy anger. This jives with the change in her personality over the past few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 10:46 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
Great layout...I would LOVE it if GM put up McCrae but it won't happen.

Guess today we'll find out who goes up in Jessie's spot...and so much can happen between now and Thursday even if we think for sure Candice is going. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when Julie announces the double eviction. I hope Spencer wins the quick HOH, puts up Amanda and McCrae, gets one of them out. Then I'd like to see Judd or maybe Jessie win the second HOH and put up Helen and Andy. Yikes. We won't know ANYTHING until the live show!!

Old 08-05-2013, 10:51 AM

That's a good point about her medication...if she has ADD and takes her meds, that helps her to concentrate. BUT, if she takes too much, it does the opposite as it is an amphetamine. I have a friend who needs her meds to concentrate on work but then she can't really sleep either. So, there are days when she doesn't take it...those are the days she can sleep but you also have a hard time talking to her because she's all over the map. It's a weird drug...I have known people who took Aderol (sp?) who didn't have ADD and they were speeding faster than you can imagine.

Either way, Amanda needs to get a grip in order for us to like her again. I'm afraid that her mouth has done her in.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:04 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Great layout...I would LOVE it if GM put up McCrae but it won't happen.

Guess today we'll find out who goes up in Jessie's spot...and so much can happen between now and Thursday even if we think for sure Candice is going. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when Julie announces the double eviction. I hope Spencer wins the quick HOH, puts up Amanda and McCrae, gets one of them out. Then I'd like to see Judd or maybe Jessie win the second HOH and put up Helen and Andy. Yikes. We won't know ANYTHING until the live show!!
OH - I didn't understand that there would be a quick HOH with all new nominations for the second eviction. That changes things in my scenario, oh well. You can tell I haven't watched seriously before.

As for the adderol, I don't understand why CBS would put anyone who is taking any kind of medications that affect moods/behavior on the show at all. Seems like a recipe for both disaster and for accusations of unfairness.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
OH - I didn't understand that there would be a quick HOH with all new nominations for the second eviction. That changes things in my scenario, oh well. You can tell I haven't watched seriously before.

As for the adderol, I don't understand why CBS would put anyone who is taking any kind of medications that affect moods/behavior on the show at all. Seems like a recipe for both disaster and for accusations of unfairness.
It does change your scenario but the same people could get put up for eviction...it's just going to be a super fast HOH, Veto, and eviction and then the NEXT HOH will be a quick one, too. Those nominations will go through the regular schedule.

If CBS wants to pick someone, and they have maintenance meds, then that's part of the deal. I think it makes for interesting television but I think it would be unfair to disqualify them because of their meds. I get what you're saying about it mood/behavior affecting, but still, under proper care, it should be ok. The thing is, are they taking it regularly? Are they drinking with their meds? I'm pretty sure CBS is taking precautions but you can't control how they really are...meds or not. JMO...

Old 08-05-2013, 11:29 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I think it makes for interesting television but I think it would be unfair to disqualify them because of their meds.
Well, the producers appear to disquality candidates because of their age and or how they look in swimsuits, why not disqualify for something like medications which actually can affect their ability to win competitions?

Old 08-05-2013, 12:11 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Well, the producers appear to disquality candidates because of their age and or how they look in swimsuits, why not disqualify for something like medications which actually can affect their ability to win competitions?

Old 08-05-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I think I should rephrase...because yes, the most arbitrary of things can "disqualify" you from being chosen.

I think IF they have chosen you for any reason, that they shouldn't disqualify you later for meds. How's that? I'd be equally screwed on all counts: I'm older, I don't look fabulous in a bathing suit and I take plenty of meds. But dangit, I'm interesting and love the show...why oh why am I being disqualified??

Old 08-05-2013, 04:08 PM

44,631 posts, read 61,620,191 times
[quote=ShellNic;30824904 I think IF they have chosen you for any reason, that they shouldn't disqualify you later for meds. How's that? I'd be equally screwed on all counts: I'm older, I don't look fabulous in a bathing suit and I take plenty of meds. But dangit, I'm interesting and love the show...why oh why am I being disqualified?? [/QUOTE]

Dag-na-bit, I like interesting people and that's who should be on the show. Vote for ShellNic...

Old 08-05-2013, 05:06 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,145,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
[color=black]The above quotes, to me, constitute whining.
I suggest you might want to look up the meaning of the word, then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV