Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 10:02 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,071 times

Advertisements

Loving it! 1,000 times better than the train wreck of last season!

The 15-year old that was singing about her Grandpa made me cry, and I never cry!

The show is still on in California, but I had to comment, WOW what an improvement!!!!

Loving Harry, have always loved Keith and Jennifer is sweet and caring.

Bye Bye Nicki and Mariah you won't be missed!

Last edited by happyinca; 01-15-2014 at 10:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 10:37 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times
I'm loving Harry Connick Jr's humor and judging, but otherwise I'm kind of bored with the start of season 13. I did enjoy Savion Wrights' performance the most so far.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:50 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Definitely a lot better this season.

Was a pleasure to watch the judges acting normal, without drama, cat fights, etc.

Harry Connick Jr. seems to fit well as a judge.

They had some really good singers tonight.

This may be one of the best groups of singers so far.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:05 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
I thought it was a good premiere. Looking forward to watching more.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:49 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,583 times
*applause*
Such an improvement!!!

Harry was cracking me up, he adds a little bit of 'caustic' to the panel. And him and Keith fooling around was a breath of fresh air. That segment where he was cradling the kid as he sung had me rolling on the floor. They all seem to get along really well.

I have to say, Jennifer takes a compliment so well. She is such a beautiful woman and people tend to gush all over her. She accepts it with class, she doesn't preen (*cough*Mariah*cough*), but she doesn't blow them off, and then she moves on.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the re-tooling of AI was a success

Old 01-16-2014, 07:09 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
#4 is a big part of why I stopped watching a few years back (first year with Steven Tyler and JLo). If all these changes do happen and they focus on the actual talent, I may start watching again. The changes were long overdue because imo, it was becoming a sinking ship. I have no problem with whom they choose as judges. I think they have a good panel this year.
I watched last night for the first time, ever. And the reasons I watched:

1. Nothing else interesting on.
2. I wanted to see the judging.

I somewhat enjoyed it. I'll watch again if I remember. The 3 judges are a good team and none of them are silly and/or cruel. None of them seem to be so enamored of their own looks and "talent" that they promote themselves above judging new talent.

I have never watched silly shows like The Voice. What little I've seen on YouTube and other snippets elsewhere is nothing but fake boobs and push-up bras. Not my cup of tea. J-Lo is classy and the fellas are both cute as can be with winning personalities.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:10 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,812,715 times
I've been watching "American Idol" since the first season, good or bad. This season with all the changes holds great promise. I love the mix of judges this year and the humor they add while still doing their jobs. Won't miss Randy, Nikki or Mariah one bit, though I understand Randy will be a mentor on the show.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:12 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I watched last night for the first time, ever. And the reasons I watched:

1. Nothing else interesting on.
2. I wanted to see the judging.

I somewhat enjoyed it. I'll watch again if I remember. The 3 judges are a good team and none of them are silly and/or cruel. None of them seem to be so enamored of their own looks and "talent" that they promote themselves above judging new talent.

I have never watched silly shows like The Voice. What little I've seen on YouTube and other snippets elsewhere is nothing but fake boobs and push-up bras. Not my cup of tea. J-Lo is classy and the fellas are both cute as can be with winning personalities.
Excellent! Sounds like this will be a good season. I forgot it was on last night. I may have to DVR so I don't forget again. I always liked the show until the last few seasons and I missed watching. Looks like there's promise again

Old 01-16-2014, 10:26 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,598,343 times
I liked the revamped show. Less filler, more singing, less drama. I too enjoyed Harry as a judge. My favorite singer was the Pakistani guy from Texas. Was he the one Harry held? I can't remember. There were some who got golden tickets that I didn't agree with. But I think Hollywood week will weed out those who don't have staying power.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:44 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,812,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I liked the revamped show. Less filler, more singing, less drama. I too enjoyed Harry as a judge. My favorite singer was the Pakistani guy from Texas. Was he the one Harry held? I can't remember. There were some who got golden tickets that I didn't agree with. But I think Hollywood week will weed out those who don't have staying power.
Yes, the Pakistani guy from Texas was the one Harry held as he sang his second song. That was hysterical!

As for Hollywood week, I read an article on the show in TV Guide that said there is going to be some kind of elimination that takes place even before Hollywood week. Seems like they're really changing things up this year, and I like that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV