Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2023, 11:07 AM

3,251 posts, read 2,336,022 times

Advertisements

No, I'm thinking of the pregnant woman whose financee is working on a cruise ship. I don't think he's going to enjoy living on a ranch in Wyoming with her bratty, very picky eater, son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2023, 07:30 PM

2,028 posts, read 3,347,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
No, I'm thinking of the pregnant woman whose financee is working on a cruise ship. I don't think he's going to enjoy living on a ranch in Wyoming with her bratty, very picky eater, son.
That's a different couple - Jessica and Juan, from "Love in Paradise." Yeh her one kid is a PITA! I wonder how they are all doing? It's going to be a big culture and temperature shock if he moves in with them.

Old 08-12-2023, 10:44 AM

4,724 posts, read 4,416,945 times
I watched the preview a bit last night, but was also catching up on last week because I doze off often. I cannot believe Gino and Jasmine. Nobody in their right mind would talk like that, act like that, in real life but especially on TV.

I just can't. Each couple is more out there than the last, but G and J have no business being on the show.

Old 08-14-2023, 12:20 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,540,585 times
I've only seen a few minutes of the new show. The catfish guy was on, meeting the woman who's photos were used. Did he really think she would admit she was a part of the catfish if she was? I doubt she has time for that. He then wants to be friends, I'm sure secretly hoping she will fall in love with him.

Then the two women celebrating valentines day, with the one asking to move in. So glad the other said no. I'll be surprised if they last past the show taping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
That's a different couple - Jessica and Juan, from "Love in Paradise." Yeh her one kid is a PITA! I wonder how they are all doing? It's going to be a big culture and temperature shock if he moves in with them.

I couldn't believe she got pregnant so fast. They barely know each other. Hopefully the baby won't be another raised without it's father.

I also don't see him living there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I watched the preview a bit last night, but was also catching up on last week because I doze off often. I cannot believe Gino and Jasmine. Nobody in their right mind would talk like that, act like that, in real life but especially on TV.

I just can't. Each couple is more out there than the last, but G and J have no business being on the show.

The show doesn't disappoint with being more outrageous then the last with the one gay guy talking about sex, and the girl who's now a guy, can't recall his name, talking about how his "package" was made from his leg skin.

The ball gag and whip were a bit much.

Last edited by Roselvr; 08-14-2023 at 12:41 AM..

Old 08-15-2023, 03:52 AM

I had an article open since yesterday that I just read, it's about the match me abroad cast. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Harold and Michaela will get their happy ending.

The day after their last scene, she called Harold to say she couldn't make it for their meet up, that she was diagnosed with female cancer, she will never be able to have kids. The news does not get better, she also has stomach cancer now. My heart breaks for both of them.

Harold made a go fund me for her 6 days ago so that she can pay her bills without worrying she's not working. She was diagnosed at the end of July 2022.

Help Michaela Fight Cancer and Aid Her Recovery

Quote:
Life is more unexpected than fiction... I fell in love with this woman on camera. On the last day of filming when I was to meet with her off-camera for the first time, she had to cancel. From an all too brief 1 min phone call she told me “I am at the hospital about to undergo surgery”. I heard tears in her voice as she said “I have ovarian cancer and won't be able to have children”. Her voice quivers as she tells me “I want my family”… I am stunned.

Fast forward a few weeks, I learned she had her ovaries and womb removed. We converse back and forth a bit, and when she was ready she shares her scars over the camera. My heart breaks, but I fully understand why she would not be my girlfriend.... She did not know the future and did not want to put me through such pain and loss. Fast forward months, she learns she has stomach cancer and will be on chemo treatments every 14 days for the rest of her life, of which I have no idea how long she has. We continue to text back and forth, and we converse at length a few times a month, depending on how she’s feeling. I continue sending messages several times a week wishing for her recovery.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, as we continued to converse I learned her financial situation is dire. She is on a fixed income and is struggling to pay for necessities.

The money will be used to help with her debts, living expenses and improve her quality of life.

Did They Find Their Perfect Matches? Find Out Where the Cast of ‘Match Me Abroad’ Season 1 Is Now

Match Me Abroad’ Star Harold Davis Creates GoFundMe for Michaela’s Cancer Battle

Old 08-15-2023, 02:58 PM

50,357 posts, read 63,939,201 times
Anyone watching the resort therapy couples?

I feel like they’ve all been given a script to follow. Ho hum.

Old 08-15-2023, 03:13 PM

6,630 posts, read 4,296,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post

Yes, saw it last night- thoroughly enjoyed it. No way could it all be scripted. You could not make up what the Samoan couple have done to each other, let alone the tears. Hats off to the franchise for thinking up this format, as some of the other shows and cast are getting boring. They definitely brought back some of the more interesting couples.

Old 08-15-2023, 03:41 PM

61,672 posts, read 87,060,489 times
Hard to say. I think that some scenes and dialogues are staged for dramatic effects or to help with the narratives.

Quote:
While most cast members can vouch for the fact that the couples on the show are real and are real people, certain scenes may be set up by production to stir up a bit of drama. At least, that's what Stephanie Woodcock claimed. She appeared on season 7 in couple Robert and Anny's storyline.
https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/...ast-tells-all/

Quote:
While the show offers a fascinating look into the challenges of cross-cultural relationships, it's still a highly produced and edited piece of entertainment, and shouldn't be mistaken for real life. Read on to learn how “90-Day Fiancé” compares to the actual K-1 visa application process.
https://www.boundless.com/blog/5-way...rom-real-life/

Quote:
Current and former 90 Day Fiancé stars like David Murphey, Darcey Silva and Larissa Dos Santos Lima are some of the highest earners that have been featured on the TLC show. Their net worths top more than six figures, and it's obvious their reality fame has helped build their bank accounts.
https://www.lifeandstylemag.com/post...ing-tlc-stars/

Old 08-15-2023, 04:21 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,336,022 times
Quote:

Sounds interesting. Where can I find it?

Old 08-15-2023, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
Sounds interesting. Where can I find it?

It's the 90 day fiance "the last resort" that we talked about last week a few replies up. It's on Sunday night after Fiance.

The cast is listed below. Michael is via video from his home.

Quote:
Meet the Couples of 90 Day: The Last Resort

Meet the Couples. Five well-known 90 Day Fiance couples are heading to this fabulous Florida Keys resort — baggage and all. ...
Ed & Liz. ...
Jovi & Yara. ...
Angela & Michael. ...
Kalani & Asuelu. ...
Molly & Kelly.

I read an article the other day where Angela said that the other husbands were "knocking on her door" to imply that they wanted some of her thinner "action".

Angela Deem Claims She Had to Fend Off Other Women's Husbands on 90 Day The Last Resort

Quote:
Next week, 90 Day: The Last Resort will premiere. Presumably because evil triumphs when good people do nothing.

Notorious franchise villain Angela Deem will be part of the cast, working on her toxic marriage.

We know that Angela and Michael are still legally married. But certain spoilers indicate that things didn’t go so well.

Meanwhile, to hear her tell it, Angela was having to fend off other women’s husbands left and right

...Angela added: “You know, I finally had to put a stop to it and say hey, get your friggin’ husbands, I’m trying to work on my relationship, my husband.”

....“I think this show is gonna knock everybody out the park, because this is the first time couples meet two weeks and live together on an island, not meet at the tell-all,” Angela teased.

“I get chills thinking about it. I’m very excited,” she expressed. “Even though some outcomes are bad, some are good, and mine, you just don’t know ’till you see it.”

Quote:

It's been on a few times since Sunday so I caught some of it. I'll sit down and watch if I have time.

According to people who've been on the show, both couples and people that were on with them, the show is pretty real, except when producers suggest that someone says something which will lead to drama.

It's also said that some "scenes" are reshot a few times because they did not come out well the first time for whatever reason. I personally don't know how anyone can put up with doing something like that, keep saying the same thing, have tears in your eyes or you're very emotional. How do these regular people keep doing it?

Even shows on HGTV do other takes of scenes. I'll watch shows thinking there's no way what I watched had been reshot because the emotion on the homeowners face when they saw their finished house was a look of seeing it for the first time.

Last edited by Roselvr; 08-15-2023 at 10:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV