Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 07:47 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,167,785 times

Advertisements

I've seen it before when I visited my aunt's church. A bunch of people were doing it. It really freaked me out, but I don't think it is uncommon in Evangelical Christian churches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 07:50 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,864,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
She was so weird whatever she was doing. She was just uncontrollable. Speak up if anyone has seen anyone do that in real life. I sure haven't.
I've seen people do it. I don't see it as being weird. Just a part of their spiritual ritual. I'm sure we all have something that we do that other people may think is weird. Best not to judge people for doing something that doesn't harm anyone.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:40 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,238,514 times
But she kept repeating the same syllables over and over again. That's why I was thinking it was more of a nervous tick. Otherwise, I think she was doing it wrong. lol

Old 07-21-2014, 11:54 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,611,912 times
Speaking in Tongues is a manifestation of hysteria. Hysteria is "a psychological disorder whose symptoms include conversion of psychological stress into physical symptoms." That's why she does it when she gets overly excited about something like being on the block - she just gets hysterical and her subconscious takes over and lets fly! To those who believe in it, though, the sounds are a real language which is a gift from God or the Spirits (depending on the religion.)

So the question is WHY she gets so hysterical over things. I'm dying to know more about her back story. Can it be found somewhere on-line? Didn't she once say something like she had long ago "done everything and everyone"? I want to know what her life was like over the years. That's the advantage of BBAD (or it used to be), you listen to players talk about their personal lives.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:04 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
WTH was all that gibberish coming out of Jocosta' s quivering mouth Sunday night? Spasming in tongues?

Old 07-22-2014, 07:16 AM

5,520 posts, read 7,116,718 times
...and I'm sick of her bow ties!

Old 07-22-2014, 09:57 AM

7,682 posts, read 5,535,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
...and I'm sick of her bow ties!
She makes them herself out of scrap material. My guess is that the main reason she's on Big Brother is to gain exposure for her bow ties so that she can create a business selling them after the show. She's certainly not on the show to actually play the Big Brother game.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:16 AM

3,985 posts, read 5,017,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
She makes them herself out of scrap material. My guess is that the main reason she's on Big Brother is to gain exposure for her bow ties so that she can create a business selling them after the show. She's certainly not on the show to actually play the Big Brother game.
I had no idea...that ruins it for me. Yea, she was weird and yea, she doesn't seem to play the game much, but I was willing to "go with it" for awhile. But this whole "hawking my ish" routine gets old. I am also over Frankie performing on the live show and him trying to sell himself.

I want real people playing the real game...they can play hard or lay low but if you're "trying to make friends" or trying to get famous or trying to sell your crap...PLEASE GO HOME!

Or rather...CBS, are you there? KNOCK IT OFF!

Old 07-22-2014, 12:14 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,412,769 times
^ no biggie, sherri shepard *did it* before on live i think

any weirdness is gold to the bb producers

i just started to get into bb16 like last week, no matter who the hgs are production always manages to make entertaining shows

i'm watching some of the bbad (tvgn sucks, i swear i was actually into one conversation and they switched the camera to one of the useless slabs of meat in the house)

Old 07-22-2014, 12:16 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,412,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
they casted her because she is black with a *unique* name and they found out she was a "minister"

nothing more to it than that.

BB Gold!

the most exciting thing she's done is to be sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV