Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2015, 11:10 AM

158 posts, read 305,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcq View Post
As others have said, no one knows Pete's background. Amateur boxer? High school wrestling champ that stayed in shape? Who knows. Plus, Rick was probably holding back so as not to kill Pete. Heck, maybe Rick wanted it to drag out like that and put on a show for everyone to make a point? I could definitely see that.
Who cares what Pete USED to be, Rick and his group have been surviving for a long time "out there", Pete has not....Rick should've been able to trounce Pete without even breaking a sweat. And then the woman that Rick was trying to defend has to come over and try to pull Pete off of Rick??? That's just plain embarrassing after the spiel that Rick gave her about being able to protect her and her boys! I mean I realize that when Pete smacked her away that fueled Ricks fire but just ...wow, how disappointing!
I understand the need for drama etc but sometimes your badass lead guy should win a fight without getting pummeled to within an inch of his life... just once! Winning is not winning in this case...only my opinion of course!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 11:29 AM
mcq

337 posts, read 672,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robou View Post
Who cares what Pete USED to be, Rick and his group have been surviving for a long time "out there", Pete has not....Rick should've been able to trounce Pete without even breaking a sweat. And then the woman that Rick was trying to defend has to come over and try to pull Pete off of Rick??? That's just plain embarrassing after the spiel that Rick gave her about being able to protect her and her boys! I mean I realize that when Pete smacked her away that fueled Ricks fire but just ...wow, how disappointing!
I understand the need for drama etc but sometimes your badass lead guy should win a fight without getting pummeled to within an inch of his life... just once! Winning is not winning in this case...only my opinion of course!
Just means he may or may not have the ability to feasibly defend himself in a fist fight. If it was an all out brutal fight to the death where Rick doesn't hold back, then yeah, based on what we know, Pete isn't even in the same league. Rick will eat your esophagus. Either way, when the town is eventually in peril, I think we'll see badass Rick once again. Pete'll almost definitely get what's coming his way. Typical comic book drama.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:33 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Farm is overrun ... Prison is overrun ... Woodbury is overrun ... Terminus is overrun ... Alexandria is overrun.
Sounds like a good way to wrap up the season -- deus ex machina.

Last edited by jaypee; 03-23-2015 at 11:47 AM..

Old 03-23-2015, 11:45 AM

734 posts, read 1,082,353 times
Rick has gone coo-coo for cocoa puffs over some chick he has only known a few days. Really? If he is all about protecting people, why didn't he try to protect Carol when Ed was beating her behind? I guess he only cares when he wants to get into the chick's panties. He is acting EXACTLY like Shane, going crazy over another man's wife. At this point I wouldn't care if Rick is the next to go.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:49 AM

3,550 posts, read 1,549,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Farm is overrun ... Prison is overrun ... Woodbury is overrun ... Terminus is overrun ... Alexandria is overrun.
Try, try, try, try, try. again.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that Rick would lose it over this new woman. This woman who's probably now rethinking her decision to be "protected" by him. He managed to make himself look more dangerous than Dr.Porchdick. We know what he says is true, but they don't.

Someone asked why anyone would carve "W's" into zombies. The woman who was tied to a tree hadn't turned until Darryl got there.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:51 AM

158 posts, read 305,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcq View Post
Just means he may or may not have the ability to feasibly defend himself in a fist fight. If it was an all out brutal fight to the death where Rick doesn't hold back, then yeah, based on what we know, Pete isn't even in the same league. Rick will eat your esophagus. Either way, when the town is eventually in peril, I think we'll see badass Rick once again. Pete'll almost definitely get what's coming his way. Typical comic book drama.
I hope we see badass Rick in the near future! Maybe I'm one of the only ones but I've liked to see Ricks progression from what he was in the beginning to the more hardened, somewhat unstable version we see of him now... I just wish his combat ability would catch up!
Lol @ the esophagus line! Perhaps there is another esophagus to be eaten in Ricks near future?!
Glenn has definitely started walking the badass walk... I'm enjoying watching him evolve...definitely one of my favs these days.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:52 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
Rick has gone coo-coo for cocoa puffs over some chick he has only known a few days. Really? If he is all about protecting people, why didn't he try to protect Carol when Ed was beating her behind? I guess he only cares when he wants to get into the chick's panties. He is acting EXACTLY like Shane, going crazy over another man's wife. At this point I wouldn't care if Rick is the next to go.
It was Shane that beat Ed to a pulp. Rick had gone back downtown to get the guns and save Merle. I doubt he had been around Carol long enough to know she was a battered woman.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:56 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post

Rick was new to the group then. He was not aware of Carol's relationship with Ed. Rick's issue with ALL of the residents is that they seem oblivious to all the danger that surrounds them and HE and HIS group should not have to bear all the responsibility to protect them from themselves OR outsiders. Rick had heard all the reports from his group (Glenn and Abraham) about how the town residents would retreat and leave people to die if they got in over their heads outside the walls. I think the fight was moved to the street so HE could get an idea of which residents would HELP their neighbors and which would just stand around and watch. That needs to be know BEFORE the mauraders with the "W" attack.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:58 AM

734 posts, read 1,082,353 times
Also, Rick is a punk without his gun. He can't fight to save his life. He gets his butt kicked every single time. LOL.

They need to kick him out along with Sasha, Carol and that backstabbing priest. I can't wait until the crew finds out that he went to Deanna talking all of that crap about them.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:58 AM

5,520 posts, read 7,112,574 times
Who was that girl running in the woods with the rifle, alongside the walkers, when Sasha was eying them through the lookout tower?

I don't know why Rick just doesn't through Deanna over the fence and feed her and her husband to the walkers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV