Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2014, 01:17 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,244,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser199 View Post

I'm thinking Tyrese. I hope I'm wrong, but he's due.
Maybe. Since he has been on the show he been surrounded, alone, by walkers a few times and somehow managed to fight his way out with nothing more than some type of hand weapon (not a gun). Even in the latest episode when the kid in cabin forced him to go outside he still managed to kick major zombie behind...unarmed. Tyrese finally snapped and realized the world he is living in.

My guess is that he was a serious mofo in his previous life, perhaps a former SEAL or something. I mean he obviously knows hand-to-hand combat and can take care of his own against multiple assailants.

If he does go out it will be in a blaze of glory, probably by holding off numerous walkers allowing the group to flee.

This whole season is supposed to mainly focus on origin stories (character's backstories) and also be more intertwined with the comic. If it is, my guess is on the "Dr." getting bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post

Oh, and I really thought Tyrese had killed that dude in the cabin. I get that he wasn't on the In Memoriam on Talking Dead so that could be a hint BUT...when Tyrese was beating the crap out of him, did you all not notice that his eyes were open but still? He wasn't knocked out...his eyes were open like a dead person. I could be wrong but I don't think so...
Well, you saw what he did to the walkers outside, right? My guess is that he seriously bludgeoned the dude to death with his hands. Perhaps it was a little too gruesome to even show on TWD? I mean, if you saw what the zombies looked like when they were outside...it's called a metaphor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
With Tyrese being on Talking Dead next week, there's always a strong chance he'll get killed off. Of course this theory isn't always 100% accurate, but there is a high correlation between being the guest on TD and dying in the TWD episode immediately prior.
Uh, no. Plenty of cast members who are still alive have been on TTD. Now when they come on after they are killed off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That looks like the circled X to me. It's on the right side of his forehead.
Look at it again. Then google images of white power tattoos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 01:25 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Tyrese a SEAL before the SHTF...I highly doubt that, Rick, Daryl , hell even Carol show better surivival skills.
Let him be walker bait !

Old 10-14-2014, 01:47 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,244,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Tyrese a SEAL before the SHTF...I highly doubt that, Rick, Daryl , hell even Carol show better surivival skills.
Let him be walker bait !
He should have died at least four times at the hands of walkers, and has yet to. The guy has so far managed to fight his way out every time. Heck, there was even a point in time when he wanted to die, just didn't care anymore. My guess is that before the zombie apocalypse he did something gruesome that he regrets. Perhaps he was in Afghanistan or Iraq? Say what you want about his survival skills but the guy obviously knows how to handle himself. To add, he seems to have a problem with killing zombies. My guess is that it is not because he is weak, or too kind-hearted, but because of what-ever he did before all of this.

Speaking of Carol...she's gonna get it next. In terms of story arc and character development it is her time to go. She began as a secondary character, the abused wife, lost her child and then become a true survivor at all costs. When Rick found out she killed Tyrese's GF, and banned her from the group, she was then gone for half of Season 4. She came back in the Season 5 five premier and not only redeemed herself but also encouraged Tyrese to become more like her.

On the last episode of The Talking Dead, the producer and writer did say that next Sunday's episode is when they all spend some time catching up with each other. My guess is that Tyrese will find out that Carol killed his GF, and then kill her. The arc comes to a close, Tyrese becomes Carol, full circle.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:52 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,548,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
He should have died at least four times at the hands of walkers, and has yet to. The guy has so far managed to fight his way out every time. Heck, there was even a point in time when he wanted to die, just didn't care anymore. My guess is that before the zombie apocalypse he did something gruesome that he regrets. Perhaps he was in Afghanistan or Iraq? Say what you want about his survival skills but the guy obviously knows how to handle himself. To add, he seems to have a problem with killing zombies. My guess is that it is not because he is weak, or too kind-hearted, but because of what-ever he did before all of this.

Speaking of Carol...she's gonna get it next. In terms of story arc and character development it is her time to go. She began as a secondary character, the abused wife, lost her child and then become a true survivor at all costs. When Rick found out she killed Tyrese's GF, and banned her from the group, she was then gone for half of Season 4. She came back in the Season 5 five premier and not only redeemed herself but also encouraged Tyrese to become more like her.

On the last episode of The Talking Dead, the producer and writer did say that next Sunday's episode is when they all spend some time catching up with each other. My guess is that Tyrese will find out that Carol killed his GF, and then kill her. The arc comes to a close, Tyrese becomes Carol, full circle.
Tyrese already knows what Carol did from their time at the Cabin prior to Lizzie's death.

I like Tyrese, he's attempting to hold on to his humanity as long as possible and doing what needs to be done when absolutely necessary. What I like about him is that he clearly could snap anyone's neck BUT he's the gentle giant, nurturer, and protector. Where-ever he goes he wants to help, keep his sis safe, and when he found it, be in love. It's a good contrast considering there are already so many bad-@ssets on the show as it is.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:54 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post

That conversation was already had between Carol and Tyrese the end of season 4. Though the relationship was strained, they're over that hump and now after the premiere episode's incidences, they seem on better terms.

Last edited by TRosa; 10-14-2014 at 02:05 PM..

Old 10-14-2014, 01:56 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,771,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Let him be walker bait !

We all know Tyreese was a small time thug turned good who owned a boxing gym in Baltimore before SHTF. Good fighter, not a great thinker.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:10 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
It wasn't going to be a gunfight. It was going to be them sniping off the surviving Termites as they battle against walkers.
Okay but that's still a time waster, and potentially dangerous. You can not deny the fact that it would be easier to just move away in the opposite direction and put distance between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser199 View Post
Me thinks that Michonne would have mentioned something had Andrea not shot herself in the head.
I also don't remember Andrea still having the handcuffs on. She got out of them right when Milton pounced on her.

EDIT: Yeah, she still had them on, just watched it. And Andrea shot herself with Rick's gun.

Last edited by Tourian; 10-14-2014 at 02:29 PM..

Old 10-14-2014, 02:12 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,603,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
With cancer?

What are you talking about?

Old 10-14-2014, 02:13 PM

604 posts, read 839,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
We all know Tyreese was a small time thug turned good who owned a boxing gym in Baltimore before SHTF. Good fighter, not a great thinker.
In the comics Tyreese is a former NFL player and steps in as Rick's right hand man after Shane is killed. Tyreese's weapon of choice for zombie killing is a hammer. The Tyreese in the comics has a teenaged daughter with a boyfriend. I don't want to give away too much in case some of you plan to read the comics.

I watch the show and have read all of the comics. Some of the characters in the show are very similar to their characters in the comics but some are not. The Andrea in the comics is a far better character than the one on the TV show. The Governor in the comics is far more evil than the one in the TV show.

I watched the Talking Dead after the season premiere and was glad that more of the story lines from the comics will be in the show this season. Some of the story lines from the comics are woven into the show but through different characters. The show and comic series are both interesting nonetheless. Those of you who love the show should check out the comic series.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:21 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,709,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
We all know Tyreese was a small time thug turned good who owned a boxing gym in Baltimore
In "The Wire."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV