Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2016, 04:29 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
That's the scary part. It seems a lot of us are over it already, but the giddiness I've seen in Gimple's and Kirkman's faces when they talk about it is...this is it. This the big climax and biggest ace the content has left to play. After this arc is over, what's left for them to do? OR, more directly what's left that they are as excited about and have plans for?
Crossover with Fear TWD maybe? The setting was earlier but maybe the former can catch up somehow? Or they can get realistic and let the show run until the walkers turn bones and fall down. Then we get some explanation of why the dead rose up and cut to natural end of the groups lives like in 6 Feet under. Maybe this show ends in a season or two.

Or....the whole show was Rick imaging this in a coma that he is stil in. Cut to millions kicking the television...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 04:51 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I already explained that. some people on here crack me up. Angry much? If you don't want to tell me, don't. If someone else wants to, they will. Or not. What do you care?
Angry, no. Annoyed, yes. Because there are so many posts that ask questions that seem very obvious to me at least if one actually watched the episode. I just find it bizarre.

Old 11-30-2016, 04:57 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Crossover with Fear TWD maybe? The setting was earlier but maybe the former can catch up somehow? Or they can get realistic and let the show run until the walkers turn bones and fall down. Then we get some explanation of why the dead rose up and cut to natural end of the groups lives like in 6 Feet under. Maybe this show ends in a season or two.

Or....the whole show was Rick imaging this in a coma that he is stil in. Cut to millions kicking the television...
The walkers should've rotted away a long ago. Pretty sure it's been a couple years.

I haven't seen the last episode. Read what happened. Was good enough for me. Be back for the last episode of the season.

Old 11-30-2016, 07:15 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post

- Everyone does the "I'm going to act friendly while terrorizing you" schtick. Neegan does it. The first lieutenant with the mustache does it. Dwight does it. It's getting really lame. And everyone loves to do the thing where you supposedly keep everyone on edge for 20 minutes, then start to leave and everyone relaxes, and then you stop abruptly and "remember" something like "OH ...almost forgot ...I'm going to need you to ..."
They need Joe Pesci on the set to teach Neegan and crew how to do the simmering unpredictable threat of unspeakable violence schtick.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:36 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,956,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayMoe10 View Post
But they weren't going to let Maggie die, which is why they wanted to get her to Hilltop. They still have some humanity left in them. If they didn't, they would be a lot more like Negan and the Saviors.
Yah, I think it's pretty funny, Glen got killed trying to get Maggie to a Dr to tell her she had a bellyache.

Rule #1 of the ZA. If someone gets hurt or sick, shoot them in the head and take their stuff.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:05 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,302,470 times
Quote:
Nah, I wasn't saying she shouldn't do it to survive. I was saying it's irritating to me as a viewer, just like I said that Rick's vacant stare and shivering is irritating. Two different things altogether. And, yes, I was criticizing the group for failing to do what it takes to survive, even though they supposedly had survived for years. This whole season they're acting like noobs and that's why I don't mind seeing them getting crushed.
If the group had been roadblocked by Negan on the way to Hilltop, then decided to turn around and go home, you know what that would have been?

Irritating. And also, exactly what you say they should have done.

Old 12-01-2016, 10:12 AM

1,850 posts, read 821,422 times
No, it would have been smart. I've never read the comics and I don't know what's coming. My reaction to driving and running into a large group of heavily armed men was "whoops, better turn around and get ready for a fight." Instead, Rick thought he was tough and started making this exchange with the guy about "what you should do on your last day" and then plowed ahead. OK, fine, the first one is excusable. Then they run into the second one. That's the end, unless you want to die. You turn around. If you don't, your leader is a buffoon.

Old 12-01-2016, 10:37 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times
ARE YOU PEOPLE IGNORNING THE OLD LADY again?

OK, now that I got that off my chest....

I'll ask this once again......

all those walkers under the sand on the bridge, were they the husbands of those women whose camp Tara found?
anyone?

Old 12-01-2016, 10:51 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,784,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
all those walkers under the sand on the bridge, were they the husbands of those women whose camp Tara found?
anyone?

I did not see or hear anything that would suggest that.

Old 12-01-2016, 10:56 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,246,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post

Kirkman has said that Fear can catch up to TWD in five seasons. He has also stated he wants the live series TWD to end before the comic and that the two will have their own unique endings. I have a theory that Fear and TWD will merge at the end of season 5 of Fear (season 10 of TWD?). I will post my theory in the TWD Spoiler thread because it contains something from the comic that may or may not appear on the show.

Last year I had posted that I hope the live series does not follow the comic; as for nearly 100 issues (12 issues/year, ~the last 8 years) the setting has largely remained in or near Alexandria. It became a zombie apocalypse soap opera.

Quote:
And, yes, I was criticizing the group for failing to do what it takes to survive, even though they supposedly had survived for years. This whole season they're acting like noobs and that's why I don't mind seeing them getting crushed.
The running theme of this season so far is who are the bad guys? This was explicitly mentioned twice this past Sunday, each to the effect of "you meet a group, you kill them, you take their stuff to survive. It's all about you". The entire premise of TWD is about humans/humanity and how they survive, come together, rebuild, and so on--which is even more true in the comic. If all anyone cares about, or if their only view of the show is that of a zombie-kill fest, then they are surely to be disappointed. That's why the core of hard-core fans of the live series are also of the same group that reads the comic books month after month. I mean, it's not too far of a stretch to see that most critics of the show do not read the books.

Quote:
It's getting pretty boring, although I do still watch it. My (recent) issues:

- After having "survived" for so long, it's incredible how idiotic everyone is. Like when they ran into the Saviors on the road and then kept trying to go to other roads and kept running into them. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know you should turn back. Instead, they leave the RV. Meanwhile, this is happening at the exact same time that Carol and what's-his-face are running off from Alexandria in the other direction, which is totally smart. And then after Neegan does his thing, Carl is still stupid enough to point a gun at a guy. I was actually hoping someone would club him repeatedly at that point.
Every road they had turned down was blocked. So many in fact that they surmised the road back would also be blocked as well. They also did not just leave the RV; recall that Eugene said they don't know who is in the RV. So he devised a plan to drive the RV as the solo occupant, sacrificing himself as the lure, to allow the rest to continue on to Hilltop by foot. If that's not a learned survival skill, then I dunno what you'd expect to have happened?

Carol and Morgan have no idea what is going on; Carol had left to find herself and deal with her PSTD while Morgan took off after her to bring her back. She wasn't escaping Negan or the Saviors or those do-nothing's back in Alexandria. The thing that is smart about it is that she is no longer a danger to the group as she delves deeper into her own crazy.

For Carl, well, someone has to step up. I wrote about this a few weeks ago; there has to be some character's who are still willing to take on Negan and the Saviors otherwise the eventual war would not be as believable. And, to add, Carl is now a teenager and feels the need to take on more of an adult role. Don't forget that this is the second time Rick had put down his gun (season 3 when he refused to carry a weapon of any sort over many episodes). Carl is also likely carrying some serious baggage from having to kill his own mother and likely feels it is his sole obligation to protect Judith at all costs. Then, during his short life so far, he's seen many "friends" killed, including one of the remaining four who's been with him since the start (Glenn) in a very brutal way. Heck, even his pseudo-girlfriend's other boy shot his eye out. Combine that with teenage hormones, angst, "the world does not understand me" and what do you expect? Carl is the perfect character to go Charles Bronson on Negan.

Quote:
- Everyone does the "I'm going to act friendly while terrorizing you" schtick. Neegan does it. The first lieutenant with the mustache does it. Dwight does it. It's getting really lame. And everyone loves to do the thing where you supposedly keep everyone on edge for 20 minutes, then start to leave and everyone relaxes, and then you stop abruptly and "remember" something like "OH ...almost forgot ...I'm going to need you to ..."
I didn't really see Dwight doing this as his default persona is that of a d bag. Negan is obviously a power tripper and Mustache Guy, well, are they not all Negan?

Quote:
- Why doesn't everyone just leave? It's not like Alexandria makes anything. And what are you going to scavenge? Like everything hasn't been picked clean in a 20 mile radius?
Were Alexandrians scavengers? They were obviously growing their own food and had solar panels. Outside of a few basic needs for medicine, cigarettes, and alcohol, they likely didn't venture out too often.

What baffles me most is the real-life Alexandria is in rather close vicinity to the Pentagon, Reagan National, a Naval ship-yard, Marine barracks, a joint-op base, an Air-Force base not to mention all Fed Gov buildings including both Reed and NIH and the entirety of the DC metro in general along with Annapolis/Naval Academy, NSA and Fort Meade, and Baltimore within relative close distance. There should be plenty to scavenge for quite some time to come. It surprises me there are not more with heavy weaponry. I'm not suggesting a character board a submarine or take off in a fighter jet, but seriously, at least one person (or group) would've come across an impressive weapon system by now.

Quote:
- Why does everyone wear skinny jeans in the apocalypse?
Eye candy for viewers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Reading the comments here there are some good points being raised.

I'd like to see the battle where the walkers had sand dropped on them. How could that have happened? If the humans had corralled them then dumped the sand to trap them why not skip the sand trap the walkers then one by one stab their brains?
Also who would camp on a bridge? Both ends were blocked against Walkers but not against humans. Maybe that is what happened to those people?

It is weird how Tara and her buddy drove around in circles for 2 weeks and never bumped into any of Negans guys.
We don't know where the Savior's compound is located. In the comic, it's in DC, but on the show, who knows? Jesus told Rick that Hill Top was a half-day's drive from Alexandria and it appears, at least through illusion, that the Savior's compound might be close to Hill Top, placing both far from Alexandria. So, if Tara and Heath went in the other direction, it's plausible.

For the bridge, my initial thought was that Oceanus is on an island and the bridge was walled to keep people out (or them in). The camp could have been for those who were working on fortifying the bridge. But who knows? I'm not sure what was up with the walkers buried under the sand but my speculation is it is a booby trap for anyone attempting to remove the sand to remove the barricades to enter the island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I had another thought: When Tara sat down for dinner with her captors and told them the tale of how they attacked the radar station I thought they were going to say that those guys who were killed were the men from their camp! Negan had taken them away to work for him.
I had thought the same thing. I'm certain we will see this group again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Given how quickly she got back to Alexandra I'm going with Chesapeake Beach. The walk from VAB would take a reallly long time.

ETA: if they took 495 or a parallel route it wouldn't take long to get to Chesapeake beach.
What's VAB? 495 is the Beltway, it encircles DC and first-ring suburbs only. It goes in a circle and there is nothing parallel to it. Sure, they could've taken 495 to Route 4, but then again traffic on the Beltway is the pits even on a good non-rush hour day. With the number of vehicles likely still stuck, I'd say 495 has become impassable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
That's the scary part. It seems a lot of us are over it already, but the giddiness I've seen in Gimple's and Kirkman's faces when they talk about it is...this is it. This the big climax and biggest ace the content has left to play. After this arc is over, what's left for them to do? OR, more directly what's left that they are as excited about and have plans for?
During a 2014 interview, Alpert said they have the story mapped out through to a season 12, then added if the show lasts that long. Kirkman now has a show on Cinemax and another on Showtime, both adaptions of other comic series he does. Perhaps he is getting bored with TWD? I suppose it really comes down to whether it is Kirkman's show or AMCs. I mean, AMC can cancel the show when they want or to renew it season after season, but what if Kirkman wanted to end it? Could AMC continue on without him? TWD remains the highest-rated basic cable program of all time, I seriously doubt AMC wants to give that up even if Kirkman does, AMC is fairly hands-on with TWD as it is.

So, what's left? Or more importantly, how long do us fans want it to go on? It's not past its prime yet but could easily get there, especially if Netflix, Hulu, or some other streaming channel creates a highly rated show themselves. Or of course if it simply becomes stale. As you know, Negan's arrival in the comic marked a change in direction for the story, it appears it is supposed to have a similar impact with the show. I'm thinking the only way to really continue on long-term is to completely revamp the story in a way that won't push away the core fan-base but also in a way that would bring in new viewers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV