Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2020, 07:23 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,564,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I heard she is working on another book, not sure if it's true or even the Outlander series?
The newest book is due this year. (Go Tell The Bees That I Am Gone) *fingers crossed*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2020, 12:11 PM

28,900 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
They left from a spot two weeks walk away from Frasier's Ridge, somewhere in the Carolinas.

Here's another possibility: Maybe they made changes to the timeline, back in the 1700s, that threw something totally out of whack 200 years later. Anything along that line could be possible. Maybe a statue of Claire, the magical healer?
oh wow, that is a thought.....

Old 05-09-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
I know! I'm really going to "miss" them. Always felt the same way when I finished one of the books. They are very likeable characters.
This is the best show on TV, and I will miss them as well....it seems so long until they come on again, and I have to bing watch before the new season, b/c I forget so much....really enjoy this show.

Old 05-09-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
The newest book is due this year. (Go Tell The Bees That I Am Gone) *fingers crossed*
do you know, is that part of the Outlander series? Reason I ask is b/c she wrote so many others, didn't she?

Old 05-09-2020, 12:49 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,081,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
do you know, is that part of the Outlander series? Reason I ask is b/c she wrote so many others, didn't she?
Yes, it's the next Outlander. If you go to her website you can read small passages that she has posted.

Most of her other works are about Lord John Grey. I've read them. Not my favorite.

The Scottish Prisoner is about Lord John and Jamie.

Old 05-11-2020, 11:06 AM

605 posts, read 1,260,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I have to say I felt sorry for Stephen Bonnet last night. He was no doubt a sociopath, a rapist and a killer. But he also seemed to long for a family. He wanted to be a good father. He wanted Bree to comfort him. He had to die because he posed a threat as long as he was alive, but his nightmare was about drowning, so to be sentenced to drown to death, especially when there were so many other execution methods available, seemed very cruel. Bree ending it with a gunshot was an act of mercy and of necessity.
we live near Wilmington, NC. Bonnet was a REAL pirate and bad dude in this area!!! So much real history in this series! Read the books twice! Fabulous but the only character I think was miscast was Bree

Old 05-11-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
we live near Wilmington, NC. Bonnet was a REAL pirate and bad dude in this area!!! So much real history in this series! Read the books twice! Fabulous but the only character I think was miscast was Bree
yes, indeed, a lot of history, I googled Frazier's Ridge, and it seems that it really existed...here is the source I read....

https://outlandernorthcarolina.com/w...orth-carolina/

So what did you think of last nights show....?

For me, It was terrifying and very difficult to watch...I liked the way they fit the Indian who traveled in...

I didn't care for her mind taking her in and out of a place in the future, having Thanksgiving Dinner? But, as they explained, during a traumatic attack, as such, the mind takes one in and out of something such as that... I'm sure that was difficult for them all to film.

I'm also happy that Bree and Roger came back...and in the end, so happy that Claire stayed strong and declared her strength, and kept her oath....

the whole show was awesome....

I love the chemistry between Jamie and Claire...and while shocking, am so thankful Jamie is the caring person he is...you almost feel like they are a couple in real life. They are both tremendous actors.

Old 05-11-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
In the beginning, there was a great deal of questioning that Claire was miscast, but honestly, from the beginning, I loved her...and thought she was tremendous for the part. I watched a video that snuck into my FB Feed where Claire is auditioning and they were so excellent together, I saw a longer version, where they were actually fighting....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDM3...rt_radio=1&t=9

Old 05-11-2020, 04:53 PM

50,379 posts, read 64,007,408 times
I haven’t watched the finally yet, but I also think Bree was miscast, and Claire couldn’t be more perfect.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I haven’t watched the finally yet, but I also think Bree was miscast, and Claire couldn’t be more perfect.
oh Lord I'm so sorry. I forgot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV