Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2017, 12:03 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I am way, way behind and can't find the post now to quote, but open marriage was mentioned. do y'all mean that Frank lets her go back and forth to Jaime?
The open marriage is a show creation as far as I recall. Claire did pine after Jamie throughout their marriage, but they still had normal marital relations. Claire was aware that Frank was unfaithful, but I didn't get the impression that Frank and her ever discussed it prior to that argument they had when he asked for a divorce. It was just something he did and she looked the other way.

And no, she could not go back and forth between Frank and Jamie due to the difficulty going through the stones and also the unlikelihood of doing it with a small child (not everyone could pass through the stones).

Last edited by katygirl68; 10-11-2017 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: Changed my mind about whether that spoiler could be too spoiler-ish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 08:04 PM

794 posts, read 1,325,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
but what preparation must be taken, if you don't mind me asking?
Geillis thought that a sacrifice was needed, but it wasn't. The only thing that I can recall is the use of gemstones to pass through safely and "steer" (although I never understood what that entailed and I don't remember if they explained it in the books).

Old 10-11-2017, 08:41 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Was there something special about that skeleton Claire and the other Doctor who was researching it?

Claire looked like she was in deep thought over it. Was it someone she knew? Did I miss something cool???

Old 10-11-2017, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_widget View Post
Geillis thought that a sacrifice was needed, but it wasn't. The only thing that I can recall is the use of gemstones to pass through safely and "steer" (although I never understood what that entailed and I don't remember if they explained it in the books).
Steering seemed to consist of thinking about someone in the time period you're going to, an anchor to that time. For instance, Claire was thinking of Frank when she left before Culloden. If you don't have an anchor, like Claire the first time she traveled, then I think it's generally 200 years, give or take a couple of years. She said the first time it was chaotic in the time stream where you can hear everything from every time. She heard the sounds of battle finally and went towards that, which turned out to be the Mackenzies and Captain Randall when she first met everyone. She had a couple of other things that helped, but I won't mention it in case it hasn't already been mentioned on the show (which it may have at the end of last season ).

Old 10-11-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Was there something special about that skeleton Claire and the other Doctor who was researching it?

Claire looked like she was in deep thought over it. Was it someone she knew? Did I miss something cool???
You haven't missed anything.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:40 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post

It's cool, but you will have to wait a while to find out why!

Old 10-11-2017, 10:02 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Steering seemed to consist of thinking about someone in the time period you're going to, an anchor to that time. For instance, Claire was thinking of Frank when she left before Culloden. If you don't have an anchor, like Claire the first time she traveled, then I think it's generally 200 years, give or take a couple of years. She said the first time it was chaotic in the time stream where you can hear everything from every time. She heard the sounds of battle finally and went towards that, which turned out to be the Mackenzies and Captain Randall when she first met everyone. She had a couple of other things that helped, but I won't mention it in case it hasn't already been mentioned on the show (which it may have at the end of last season ).
Why would she steer the very first time, having not even intended to go, nor knowing what was even happening?

Old 10-11-2017, 11:46 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Why would she steer the very first time, having not even intended to go, nor knowing what was even happening?
It was not intentional. Her thoughts of Frank steered her to Jack Randall.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:03 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
OK! Great.
I knew it was something important but didn't know how it all connected.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:50 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
it is amazing, how they all seem to be connected somehow, which is also enjoyable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV