Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2014, 03:42 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,247,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Oh, I watched it...everything was paid for by CBS...including the $50,000 from Z Gallerie to furnish their new home that Rob's dads' construction company built in Florida. I suppose it could've been a twinge of jealousy on my part...in that, holy crap, their whole life is being paid for courtesy of Jeff Probst...well, sort of!!

How can two people get so lucky??? Well, I haven't figured it out yet but I guess, good for them...
It does seem like reality TV has played a huge part in their financial status for sure. Is Rob still on the pro gambler kick? I kind of gave up knowing anything about him after they kept bringing him back and back, back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 01:53 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,606,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeliveshere View Post
this was on realityblurred.com
Amazing Race team on Survivor San Juan Del Sur

Survivor San Juan Del Sur »
by Andy Dehnart / June 3, 2014, 4:39 PM
Tweet

comment »

Both The Amazing Race and Survivor are currently filming, and both shows have cast pairs of contestants from the other show. Natalie Anderson and Nadiya Anderson, best known as the “twinnies,” are among the pairs of loved ones competing on Survivor San Juan Del Sur, which is using the blood vs. water format.

Survivor couple Whitney Duncan and Keith Tollefson are currently racing, having been revealed officially by CBS Saturday morning, after a very public start to the race.
The twins’ participation was reported late Monday by the reliable Amazing Race spoiler known as “Miss Cleo.” They were most recently on this spring’s all-star season of The Amazing Race. In possibly but probably unrelated news, also on Monday, Jeff Probst confirmed that two players left the game for medical reasons, leaving the show with 18 instead of 20 contestants, though there’s no word who exited, just a 1 in 10 chance that it’s any pair, of course.
I hope this isn't a trend ~~ show swapping. Instead of "mactors" and returnees, they go for cross-over contestants....Yay. Not.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:34 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,219,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I hope this isn't a trend ~~ show swapping. Instead of "mactors" and returnees, they go for cross-over contestants....Yay. Not.
I would love to see Brenchel on Survivor.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:27 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,415,243 times
Instead of having an eating challenge for immunity, they should have the option to eat something really gross as an appetizer to get a really great main course and desert. Make the offer once a week and then you can really starve them like the early seasons. They want food that bad, they will eat something gross.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:01 AM

3,999 posts, read 5,038,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
It does seem like reality TV has played a huge part in their financial status for sure. Is Rob still on the pro gambler kick? I kind of gave up knowing anything about him after they kept bringing him back and back, back.
I gave up, too! I was soooo irritated when Jeff had him on the finale a couple of seasons ago so he could promote his book, but it was at the expense of the current contestants. REALLY annoying...so yea, I have no idea what he's doing now. And that's ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
Instead of having an eating challenge for immunity, they should have the option to eat something really gross as an appetizer to get a really great main course and desert. Make the offer once a week and then you can really starve them like the early seasons. They want food that bad, they will eat something gross.
What a fantastic idea! Take out the hide-a-snack platters and introduce something completely gnarly... like those foot long worms with ink...and then as a reward, give them bacon and chocolate cake or something. Stop giving clues that help during the challenge or to find another immunity idol...let that be something earned elsewhere. It annoys me when they hold onto their money because they think there will be something else...and they end up with no food.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:48 AM
Q44

894 posts, read 1,036,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
I haven't seen that season of TAR yet. I'm a late comer. I've only seen the last 3 seasons and am currently in the middle of bingewatching season 7, the Boston Rob-Amber season. So I have a long way to go until I get to their season!
Quote:
Oh my word Rob & Amber were on another reality show besides the one about them and his gambling professionally???

Pip thanks for the video I'll have to watch it later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
good grief yes--Ramber were on The Amazing Race in addition to Survivor.
I read recently they have had another child. I think that makes 4???
Quote:
Well I guess since they are off the reality show network they don't have much else to do.
Rob and Amber were on TAR TWICE. They were part of TAR All-Stars in Season 11.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:53 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,847,524 times
didn't quite know where to post this and it is just horrible news

Survivor's Caleb Bankston Dead: Blood vs. Water Star Killed in Railway Accident : People.com

I am so shocked and saddened

Old 06-24-2014, 09:58 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,415,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
didn't quite know where to post this and it is just horrible news

Survivor's Caleb Bankston Dead: Blood vs. Water Star Killed in Railway Accident : People.com

I am so shocked and saddened
That's very sad news. Sorry to hear about him.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:34 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,299,314 times
Wow, that is sad. I really liked him that season. I have to say my heart goes out to Colton right now. So sad.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:23 AM

109 posts, read 118,111 times
just read the article so so sad. He seemed like a nice person. My heart goes out to the family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV