Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2014, 09:55 PM

3,302 posts, read 3,030,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Oh no, those annoying twins are back! They were on The Amazing Race twice. They're hard for me to watch.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I simply cannot stand them and their ugly behavior. They ruin anything they're on for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 11:08 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
OMG , John Rocker? Really?
He'll be first voted out, with all his racist, homophobic comments made while he played ball.
Yeah.. Wasn't it right after that they had to step up security when he came back to NY, because the fans were threatening to kill him, radio DJs were calling for fans to throw batteries at him.. Things of that nature?

Not that what he did was right.. Just that NYers, when you stepped back from the situation and observed it, were worse behaved than he was.

He'll likely make it a ways.. Pending on how the tribes shake out. Won't be anything racist or homophobic that gets him.. He'll either make it far on his strength, or someone will get freaked out by his crazy eyes.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:46 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,576,783 times
I had heard the Twinnies were the ones who dropped out for medical reasons. Guess not. Those two drove me nuts when they were on Amazing Race. Thankfully, they were first off last time. It will be interesting to see if players remember John Rocker and his "racism", or if they're too young to know who he is. The Louisiana dad and son look interesting...

Old 08-28-2014, 10:06 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,862,321 times
I'm one of the few that actually liked the twinnies and I question why they are on Survivor. I mean, why?! I don't get all the recycling of people. There are a ton of unknowns out there that would play Survivor in a minute, get them. I do wish they'd get more variety of body types and people types. I understand the whole eye-candy deal but get some normal looking folks as well. Oh well, I'll be watching.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:25 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,534,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
I'm one of the few that actually liked the twinnies and I question why they are on Survivor. I mean, why?!
I can think of a Million reasons....

Old 08-28-2014, 04:03 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Probably the 2 dads on their with their son & daughter will know who Rocker is I think the rest are a bit young those 2 brothers, one is a model, might know since they are into sports. Oh I bet the black married couple might know the ones that are a cop & firefighter.

I've never seen or heard of the Twins until this thread so don't know if they'll get on my nerves. But since there are so many of us long time fans that have been on the CD Survivor threads each season that don't like them I might not either. Until then I'll keep an open mind.

So here's the first poll question for this season ready?

Will they play against each other like last time or together this time?

I vote together from just watching the intro.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:27 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
I take this is another Blood vs Water season? Ugh, I can not stand those twins. Jax, they may not be as annoying being separated on teams but they sure drove me nuts watching them on TAR. They are also thieves. They stole another contestant' s money in Sri Lanka. (India?) I won't care who wins as long it is not the twinnies.

Old 08-28-2014, 06:15 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,404,085 times
I don't think that a lot of people will know John Rocker by sight. I think that he will hide his identity for as long as he can, maybe the whole show. I recognize the name, but I would not know who he was if I saw him on the street.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:29 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
I don't think that a lot of people will know John Rocker by sight. I think that he will hide his identity for as long as he can, maybe the whole show. I recognize the name, but I would not know who he was if I saw him on the street.
Eh.. I don't know.. If you're a baseball fan.. He's pretty recognizable. Even now, 15 years since he played.

To be honest.. I was shocked that Gary Hogeboom was outed by ANYONE. It had been 15 years since anyone had seen him at all. And I was shocked that Lisa Whelchel wasn't recognized by hardly anyone... Probably speaks to the age of the castings more than anything on the second one. And the only reason Hogeboom was noted was because Danni (I think) was in sports radio and had seen him several times since his retirement.

I'm not a fan of the stunt casting. Or the returning players. Which, in my eyes, are one and the same.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:27 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,862,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
I can think of a Million reasons....
hehe Well I know why they want on the show, but why would Survivor want them? Actually they are entertaining and will stir up the pot so...yeah, makes sense. No way one would win though, although whatshername did win, the loud one with Rupert, so who knows.

On Rocker, I'd recognize him but it would be a double take kinda thing. I just remember him as being pretty cocky so should be easy to spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV