Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2015, 02:07 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,064,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It SHOULD be Kaitlyn, she's the only one with an actual personality. Although I'm getting sick of this recycling contestants. Why can't they recruit new people from out of the blue like they used to do?
By using a previous contestant, it gives the audience someone they are already familiar with. There are 25-30 new contestants each season, so we get plenty of new people. The format works. The Bachelor does great in the ratings, so why change? Besides most of the season revolves around the contestants and the drama in the house, who the lead is really isn't all that important. Chris isn't the only being talked about this season. Britt, Kelsey, Carley, Ashley I (and S) etc... are the ones that are consistently being talked about. Who remembers what Chris did in episode 3? Would it have been any more memorable if an unknown took his place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 02:12 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,064,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
Did anyone see this?

No Cookies | Herald Sun

I wonder how much this season's Bachelor borrowed from this show?
Probably very little if anything. The Bachelor is in its 19th season and has stuck closely to the same format. This season is no different then last season or the season before. One on one dates, group dates, 2 on 1 dates, hometowns, fantasy suites, rose ceremonies... The only real difference is that they didn't do as much international travel as they normal do.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:18 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,589,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post

I bet at the very least she'll get a rich old Persian sugar daddy out of it.
Why Persian? Because they're hairy?

Old 03-04-2015, 06:34 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,590,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
By using a previous contestant, it gives the audience someone they are already familiar with. There are 25-30 new contestants each season, so we get plenty of new people. The format works. The Bachelor does great in the ratings, so why change? Besides most of the season revolves around the contestants and the drama in the house, who the lead is really isn't all that important. Chris isn't the only being talked about this season. Britt, Kelsey, Carley, Ashley I (and S) etc... are the ones that are consistently being talked about. Who remembers what Chris did in episode 3? Would it have been any more memorable if an unknown took his place?
I'm sure it is doing fine in the ratings. My opinion is that they could go with unknowns again.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:10 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,786,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
A virgin Bachelorette would be a first, just like a single dad Bachelor. It would be new and popular.

There is no way they're going with nude posting Jade.
Sean was a virgin.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It SHOULD be Kaitlyn, she's the only one with an actual personality. Although I'm getting sick of this recycling contestants. Why can't they recruit new people from out of the blue like they used to do?
I think Kaitlyn is very immature and has zero personality.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:14 PM

I hope that Chris picks Becca. She seems to be a very decent girl and well grounded.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:46 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,454,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
She is narcissistic to the extreme imo.
This is the more accurate diagnoses...with BPD... borderline tendencies.

(If one is narcissistic...not sure if there are degrees...one just simply is...and
needs to be pitied, because something prob before 2 yrs 'happened' to damage
the development of normal brain synapes...not her fault.)

Old 03-04-2015, 08:04 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,454,543 times
I hope he picks Becca, also ...only because he is so into her!
Can't beat raw chemistry.
He wants to save and teach and protect. Just his nature.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:16 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,589,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Technically semantics really but "Bachelor Pad" was cancelled. It is now "Bachelor in Paradise"
Put lipstick on a pig, it is still a pig.

Calling Prince, the "Artist formerly known as Prince" doesn't make him non-Prince. The singer is still Prince.

Call it what you want, it is still Bachelor Pad. They can call it sallow people with good looks, it is still Bachelor Pad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV