Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 07:07 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,412,204 times

Advertisements

W. wanted her sis to NOT be rational, pleasepleaseplease...and just give
him a thumbs u to keep the positivity or momentum flowin'...be swept up
in W's high.
I get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 08:28 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,780,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
I totally thought that Whitney's sister was very rational and Whitney was acting insane towards her sister.

Her sister said to Chris: "I just met you. I can't give you the blessing to marry my sister. I don't know you yet."

Whitney got mad at her sister for having rational thought! Who is the insane one?
If the truth be known, meeting somebody and falling in love on a TV reality show is insane. That is one of the things that I like about Becca because she realized that.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:36 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,277,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Hes a farmer! He cant just pick up 5,500 acres of land and move it to Southern California and continue on as usual.
True. Becca didn't quite seem to get that. She was what if ing and thought he might hire someone to run the farm and move. She didn't get how much he loves his farm.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:42 AM

3,978 posts, read 4,582,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
If the truth be known, meeting somebody and falling in love on a TV reality show is insane. That is one of the things that I like about Becca because she realized that.
I don't think meeting on reality tv show is the problem. The problem is lack of time in real life together. Her sister would give him the blessing if they have dated few months in real life and they all have time to get to know everyone.

Where and how they met don't matter as long as they have time to assess things in reality.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:36 AM

87 posts, read 84,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I'm not sure it would last to the wedding with Becca. She was firm that she didn't want to move to a tiny farm town right away. He is adament that he won't move anywhere else. Instant red flag. And she isn't interested in getting used to his lifestyle, nor is he hers. You can love someone like crazy but not be able to live with them. Its one of the harder realities of life. And compromise is what keeps a marriage together. Neither have any inking of it. I have a feeling Becca will remain single until she finds a guy who is willing to do things her way, just like Chris had insisted on.

That his choice has this need to be part of a family is extremely important, too, and that they will happily accept her into the family is good. I'd lost my parents before I met my husband, and one thing which was both a quandry and a gift was in marrying him I married into their family. I did resent things at first a bit, being as my parents weren't there to compete, but ended up loving them just as much. I hope that is the way it works for them. In reality nobody just marries the son or the daughter, but the family. If the family is deeply against it, the chances of success are already minimal. Maybe not immediately, but later he might look back at the family he doesn't see anymore and blame her, and his guilt or resentment makes for a real life soap. And its true that parents and sisters and brothers sometimes DO see things in a canditate the one who wants to marry is conviently ignoring or assuming it will 'change'.

Chris was good to be so clear that he wasn't moving and so there will be no surprises. I would have instead of all the mid pacific fluff had them in a setting more like the one he's expecting to live, and see how many of the women decided they really wanted to be a farmers wife. Jimmy Kimmel should have been consulted more.
I think what Becca wanted was for them to try their relationship outside of the show before committing to moving. She's said that it doesn't matter where you live if you're in love with that person, so I don't think it was all about living in a small town. Becca was treating the situation like one would in real life. Really, who in their right mind gets engaged to a person you've only spent maybe 24hrs collectively, and on top of that dating 29 other women. That's not being realistic and honest with themselves. I believe that during their last chance date that she was probably hoping that he would fight for what they had but I think Chris was pressured or maybe it was in his contract with TB that a proposal was a must in the end. If Becca had given him an inkling that she would accept a proposal I've no doubt that he would've chosen her. I actually think they are a better fit. Becca is actually very witty and funny based on SM but she wasn't shown that way on the show because it didn't fit their edit.

By the way his family loved Becca except maybe one of his sisters. His mother pretty much told Becca that Chris's heart was in her hands. Becca could have said all the right things so Chris could chose her but she didn't because she has too much class for that. She had to be honest and true to herself and to me a very admirable trait and it's why I like her.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:01 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,574,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia1 View Post
Becca was treating the situation like one would in real life. Really, who in their right mind gets engaged to a person you've only spent maybe 24hrs collectively, and on top of that dating 29 other women..
Right??

Old 03-13-2015, 04:01 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,277,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia1 View Post
I think what Becca wanted was for them to try their relationship outside of the show before committing to moving. She's said that it doesn't matter where you live if you're in love with that person, so I don't think it was all about living in a small town. Becca was treating the situation like one would in real life. Really, who in their right mind gets engaged to a person you've only spent maybe 24hrs collectively, and on top of that dating 29 other women. That's not being realistic and honest with themselves. I believe that during their last chance date that she was probably hoping that he would fight for what they had but I think Chris was pressured or maybe it was in his contract with TB that a proposal was a must in the end. If Becca had given him an inkling that she would accept a proposal I've no doubt that he would've chosen her. I actually think they are a better fit. Becca is actually very witty and funny based on SM but she wasn't shown that way on the show because it didn't fit their edit.

By the way his family loved Becca except maybe one of his sisters. His mother pretty much told Becca that Chris's heart was in her hands. Becca could have said all the right things so Chris could chose her but she didn't because she has too much class for that. She had to be honest and true to herself and to me a very admirable trait and it's why I like her.
That would have been a good thing to do. Look at how many seasons of the show and how few actual marriages. After the proposal they don't see each other for an extended time. By then, most have reconsidered. In reality the few who stayed together took an extended time to reacquaint themselves before planning the wedding. But the reason I don't think it would have worked is she didn't strike me as ever being satisfied with a farm near a tiny town. I do admire that she was honest with him. She said maybe. I think he was afraid the maybe was going to turn into I love you but need more than a farm. And the farm is more than just his hobby its his livelyhood. Back a ways women were expected to move in with the husband and family in that situation. But things have changed.

I think its more that even if it wasn't his livelyood, the farm is his chosen life an he is traditional enough he'd expect that the wife fit in. Her being honest sealed it.

Marriage is about a lot more than just love. Sometimes that means that its not fated to work. She said maybe we'll give it a try before we're sure. He needed more. More women should be true to themselves like that.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:39 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,580,366 times
I felt Whitney was too eager to be in love with Chris. She mentioned that when she learned he was the Bachelor, she was so happy because she had a huge crush on him on Andi's show. So, she was already in love with the idea of Chris. Now, they've spent 6 weeks together, somewhat, with cameras in their faces, travelling Chris kissing other women, and a few more weekends in hotels or at Chris's house, then they're off to DWTS. Whitney claims she didn't watch Bachelor other than her episodes, and she's okay with his being with other women, as it part of the process. Now, ABC will put them up in an apartment for how ever long Chris lasts on DWTS, but basically Whitney will be abandoned for another Whitney. Who knows what she'll do with her days, other than shadow him on the set.....Sean Lowe has talked to Chris a lot about the time commitment (12 hours a day, 7 days a week) in rehearsals and "abandoning" the fiancee, and trying to deal with the jealousy. Obviously, Sean and Catherine survived it, but I'm not sure Whitney will be able to.

I have a friend who is a farm wife, and she said the demands on her are unreal. She says if you're not brought up in the life, it's very unlikely you'll be able to handle the demands. She said Whitney will be competing for Chris's attentions from his sisters, and his mother. Chris's family will be in their face every day, as everyone lives up or down the road apiece and drop in on each other all the time. She'll be expected to have children immediately, and the family will hover over the baby all the time, leaving them little time to themselves. They'll be deeply involved in church work together; visiting sick parishioners, bring meals to shut-ins, and have Bible Study together. The families will meld and it'll be hard to tell one family from the other. Whitney will always be 2nd (or 5th) fiddle to Chris behind his mom, his sisters and his work. It's a really hard job, being a farm wife. After they get back from LA and settle into the "real world", it'll be a whole 'nother story for her when the final reality sets in. It takes a pretty remarkable woman to jump into that life with no experience at all. I wish them luck and happiness!

Old 03-14-2015, 12:48 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,385,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I felt Whitney was too eager to be in love with Chris. She mentioned that when she learned he was the Bachelor, she was so happy because she had a huge crush on him on Andi's show. So, she was already in love with the idea of Chris. Now, they've spent 6 weeks together, somewhat, with cameras in their faces, travelling Chris kissing other women, and a few more weekends in hotels or at Chris's house, then they're off to DWTS. Whitney claims she didn't watch Bachelor other than her episodes, and she's okay with his being with other women, as it part of the process. Now, ABC will put them up in an apartment for how ever long Chris lasts on DWTS, but basically Whitney will be abandoned for another Whitney. Who knows what she'll do with her days, other than shadow him on the set.....Sean Lowe has talked to Chris a lot about the time commitment (12 hours a day, 7 days a week) in rehearsals and "abandoning" the fiancee, and trying to deal with the jealousy. Obviously, Sean and Catherine survived it, but I'm not sure Whitney will be able to.

I have a friend who is a farm wife, and she said the demands on her are unreal. She says if you're not brought up in the life, it's very unlikely you'll be able to handle the demands. She said Whitney will be competing for Chris's attentions from his sisters, and his mother. Chris's family will be in their face every day, as everyone lives up or down the road apiece and drop in on each other all the time. She'll be expected to have children immediately, and the family will hover over the baby all the time, leaving them little time to themselves. They'll be deeply involved in church work together; visiting sick parishioners, bring meals to shut-ins, and have Bible Study together. The families will meld and it'll be hard to tell one family from the other. Whitney will always be 2nd (or 5th) fiddle to Chris behind his mom, his sisters and his work. It's a really hard job, being a farm wife. After they get back from LA and settle into the "real world", it'll be a whole 'nother story for her when the final reality sets in. It takes a pretty remarkable woman to jump into that life with no experience at all. I wish them luck and happiness!
I grew up in the rural midwest and based on what I saw of these 25 women, I didn't think one of them would be able to adjust to that life. That doesn't mean they're of bad character or anything, but just that they all seem more accustomed to a more urban lifestyle and living out on the farm wasn't a realistic change for them. I think the show should have sought out more country girls for him to chose from.

Old 03-14-2015, 08:53 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,252,243 times
I was watching Extra earlier this evening and Whitney & Chris were on there and they said they were moving to LA. So I'm confused ... I thought he wanted a farm wife?

Is it because of DWTS? Can't he just learn the Rumba on the back 40?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV