Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2015, 05:27 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,508,029 times

Advertisements

Ok, now I can say it with the season being over. I think Whitney is in love with the idea of being in love and falling in love on the show. I sincerely wish Chris and Whitney the best but she strikes me as someone that is on this side of Glenn Close's character on Fatal Attraction. I would watch for rabbits if things go sour.

Now, for Chris. I think he is the perfect match for her. He looks like he is a Mama's (and sisters) boy that is looking to live out a fairy tale.

Whitney doesn't have any parents so she will fit in the Soules family nicely. No family other than a sister that wasn't portrayed very nicely. I really wish that they had Chris address whether he called the sister asking for Whitney's hand in marriage or not.

I predict this one to take due to their filling a gap with one another. But, they "fell in love" in such an unconventional way that I have my doubts. Time wil tell.

The barn was decorated beautifully for the Final Rose/proposal. Drool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 06:22 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I think Whitney is too pushy.
Oh, I think it's only begun!

Old 03-11-2015, 06:33 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
All in all, I think it was smart of him to pick Whiney because she was all in
on becoming a farmer's wife.
Hopefully she has no delusions about just how hard the life actually is.
She will be perfect as the stay at home mom, imo. (If what she said was true, that is.)
Football, plays, concerts at the school, PTA, bringing cupcakes, making a home,
shopping in the big city...let's see.

I'm surrounded by a city and I'm happy being pretty darn simple ...a family and babies will be
very fulfilling for her....and the family gatherings. I think, anyway...I'm not
seeing it as 'hard'.

Now, a farmer's wife in the 1840s was 'hard'.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:13 AM

87 posts, read 84,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Ok, now I can say it with the season being over. I think Whitney is in love with the idea of being in love and falling in love on the show. I sincerely wish Chris and Whitney the best but she strikes me as someone that is on this side of Glenn Close's character on Fatal Attraction. I would watch for rabbits if things go sour.

Now, for Chris. I think he is the perfect match for her. He looks like he is a Mama's (and sisters) boy that is looking to live out a fairy tale.

Whitney doesn't have any parents so she will fit in the Soules family nicely. No family other than a sister that wasn't portrayed very nicely. I really wish that they had Chris address whether he called the sister asking for Whitney's hand in marriage or not.

I predict this one to take due to their filling a gap with one another. But, they "fell in love" in such an unconventional way that I have my doubts. Time wil tell.

The barn was decorated beautifully for the Final Rose/proposal. Drool!
Goodness! Glad I'm not the only one who has this impression as well! I've a feeling that she will never breakup with him even if he wanted to. Yikes! She hit the jackpot with him! On their Media rounds a lot were commenting on how they don't look in love at all based on body language. Experts were saying that Chris doesn't look like a man in love and that he doesn't look happy. I think he's trying to be in love with her but it's not happening. During the ATFR he looked like he was happier to see Becca than to see his Fiance. IMO. Chris Harrison was trying to give him an out by asking him was it the thrill of the chase with Becca? He completely shot it down by saying he and Becca had/has an undeniable connection from day one and that he was falling/is in love with her. Poor guy.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:18 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,776,914 times
I googled his image. He was probably hot, before the stylists gave him those disgusting little metrosexual hairdos. With bangs (and chest hair), he would probably be gorgeous.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:40 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
I sincerely wish Chris and Whitney the best but she strikes me as someone that is on this side of Glenn Close's character on Fatal Attraction. I would watch for rabbits if things go sour.
My SO didn't really see any of the episodes this season, but ended up watching the finale with me. He pretty much said the same thing about Whitney. He asked if Chris chose Whitney since otherwise she would stab him in his sleep. I had said before that I thought she was a little to "on" whenever she was around Chris and just a tad too excited at times. I first noticed in the episode before hometown dates when she was telling Chris about her family. Just the way she was telling him about how her mom died and how her dad had left her came off so creepy. Her facial expressions looked like she was talking about hitting a home run and not about how her dead mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
I googled his image. He was probably hot, before the stylists gave him those disgusting little metrosexual hairdos. With bangs (and chest hair), he would probably be gorgeous.
Bangs? Like a Justin Bieber look? No.. His hair looks just fine the way it is.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:27 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,268,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia1 View Post
Goodness! Glad I'm not the only one who has this impression as well! I've a feeling that she will never breakup with him even if he wanted to. Yikes! She hit the jackpot with him! On their Media rounds a lot were commenting on how they don't look in love at all based on body language. Experts were saying that Chris doesn't look like a man in love and that he doesn't look happy. I think he's trying to be in love with her but it's not happening. During the ATFR he looked like he was happier to see Becca than to see his Fiance. IMO. Chris Harrison was trying to give him an out by asking him was it the thrill of the chase with Becca? He completely shot it down by saying he and Becca had/has an undeniable connection from day one and that he was falling/is in love with her. Poor guy.
I'm not sure it would last to the wedding with Becca. She was firm that she didn't want to move to a tiny farm town right away. He is adament that he won't move anywhere else. Instant red flag. And she isn't interested in getting used to his lifestyle, nor is he hers. You can love someone like crazy but not be able to live with them. Its one of the harder realities of life. And compromise is what keeps a marriage together. Neither have any inking of it. I have a feeling Becca will remain single until she finds a guy who is willing to do things her way, just like Chris had insisted on.

That his choice has this need to be part of a family is extremely important, too, and that they will happily accept her into the family is good. I'd lost my parents before I met my husband, and one thing which was both a quandry and a gift was in marrying him I married into their family. I did resent things at first a bit, being as my parents weren't there to compete, but ended up loving them just as much. I hope that is the way it works for them. In reality nobody just marries the son or the daughter, but the family. If the family is deeply against it, the chances of success are already minimal. Maybe not immediately, but later he might look back at the family he doesn't see anymore and blame her, and his guilt or resentment makes for a real life soap. And its true that parents and sisters and brothers sometimes DO see things in a canditate the one who wants to marry is conviently ignoring or assuming it will 'change'.

Chris was good to be so clear that he wasn't moving and so there will be no surprises. I would have instead of all the mid pacific fluff had them in a setting more like the one he's expecting to live, and see how many of the women decided they really wanted to be a farmers wife. Jimmy Kimmel should have been consulted more.

Old 03-12-2015, 05:19 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
He is adament that he won't move anywhere else. Instant red flag.
Hes a farmer! He cant just pick up 5,500 acres of land and move it to Southern California and continue on as usual.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:19 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,579,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoarrow View Post
Was Becca the only Bachelor finalist who never shed a tear when eliminated? She acted like she got a B- in math.
Getting only a B- is a big deal. That means college denial letter or not staying in certain college major. It's a BIG deal!

Old 03-12-2015, 06:24 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,579,711 times
Quote:

I totally thought that Whitney's sister was very rational and Whitney was acting insane towards her sister.

Her sister said to Chris: "I just met you. I can't give you the blessing to marry my sister. I don't know you yet."

Whitney got mad at her sister for having rational thought! Who is the insane one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV