Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 12:13 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,218,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
The producers apparently thought this elimination would make for a lot of water-cooler talk tomorrow morning. And they were right.

I was irritated that, after promoting tonight's episode as being a double-elimination all week long, they decided to announce tonight (with no notice at all) that it had been postponed a week.
That was a disappointment, I agree but TPTB probably thought there would be a riot if the next lowest went home and farmer boy still stayed. Give us a week to calm down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 12:16 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,458,537 times
Had tonight been a double elimination, I really thought Robert and the farmer would go home.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Had tonight been a double elimination, I really thought Robert and the farmer would go home.
Me too. I still thought one of them was going to GMA today.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:23 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,458,537 times
I can never remember to watch GMA on Tuesdays.
Spoiler
It would be interesting to see what Willow has to say. The elimination must have been hard for someone so young, who hasnt had much opportunity to taste life's disappointments yet.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:56 AM

977 posts, read 1,110,565 times
I haven't had a chance to watch the show yet---I see it 24 hrs after it airs on Hulu. Unfortunately, when I went to vote all of the headlines were showing that Willow was eliminated. That's really too bad. She was doing such a good job, I think, and the dances have been imaginative. She was certainly better than a couple of other contestants, so I felt sorry to see her go and to have to endure watching them another week.......

Old 04-28-2015, 01:45 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,222,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
We have up to an hour after the show ends to vote.

You could see, especially on the pro's faces and the judges' shaking of head that everyone was shocked!

What a shame. Poor Willow couldn't stop crying. Good for Mark for doing the speaking. That was classy.

I'm getting tired of this being a popularity contest and NOT a dance contest.
It is Dancing WITH the STARS. The stars bring their supporters who (like me) know nothing about proper dancing. I think Willow must have had fewer fans. She was definitely doing some good dance numbers.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:08 AM

14,333 posts, read 14,638,702 times
It does come down to the fan following many times and while I thought Robert or farmer Chris should have gone, they certainly have a bigger fan base than she does. It was a shame, I felt bad for her.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:24 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,849,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
It is Dancing WITH the STARS. The stars bring their supporters who (like me) know nothing about proper dancing. I think Willow must have had fewer fans. She was definitely doing some good dance numbers.
This is it in a nutshell.

We all see the judges standing up with their mouths open, looking aghast, but the fan base often determines the winner. As a matter of fact, when this show debuted 10 years ago, all they were touting was "viewer impact" due to their being able to vote. "Saves" and immunity are nothing more than attempts to override the effects of fan bases.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:31 AM

4,348 posts, read 4,727,996 times
Quote:
The producers apparently thought this elimination would make for a lot of water-cooler talk tomorrow morning. And they were right.

I was irritated that, after promoting tonight's episode as being a double-elimination all week long, they decided to announce tonight (with no notice at all) that it had been postponed a week.
Per Tom Bergeron's twitter:

FYI: ABC told us DURING last week's live show about the schedule changes. That's why I stopped teasing the double elim in the 2nd hour #DWTS

Old 04-28-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
It does come down to the fan following many times and while I thought Robert or farmer Chris should have gone, they certainly have a bigger fan base than she does. It was a shame, I felt bad for her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
This is it in a nutshell.

We all see the judges standing up with their mouths open, looking aghast, but the fan base often determines the winner. As a matter of fact, when this show debuted 10 years ago, all they were touting was "viewer impact" due to their being able to vote. "Saves" and immunity are nothing more than attempts to override the effects of fan bases.
Oh, I know. I was just being cranky with insomnia earlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV