Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 10:50 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,218,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I will be recording DWTS if tonight is a new NCIS. It SHOULD be farm boy and sadly, Robert going home. IDK if Rumer has the fan base that The Bachelor(sp) does even though she is 1,000x better than he. I wanted to throw-up listening to the judges' comments after his first dance.

I really wish I could force myself to stop watching this show. I agree with Len, more traditional dance needs to be done. Val and Rumer deserved both of those perfect scores last night. Just beautiful. Looking forward to Dance Central.
No doubt Rumor and Ryker are in a different class of dancers than Robert. Do you think Robert's fans would tune in to watch them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 07:11 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times
Well they got it right, time for them to go home! I was surprised at the emotion from farm guy, and I was so tired of Robert, acting like a love sick teenager.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:32 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
The right people went home tonight
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I agree totally. And I love, love, loved Dance Central. I hope the producers dont make us wait another 2.5 years to see it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
No doubt Rumor and Ryker are in a different class of dancers than Robert. Do you think Robert's fans would tune in to watch them?
I agree, the right people went home but I am sad that Robert had to leave. I loved watching he and Kim out on the dance floor.

Yay! Dance Central! I loved, loved, loved it! The commentary was hilarious. Nastia's dad DOES look like Putin, not just Lukin/Putin. I never heard of Nastia before but one look at papa, I knew he was Russian. Riker's middle name, "Hough", too funny as was Tom's quip of swimming in the high end of the gene pool. Jerry Rice's "high cheek bones"! I love it when race can be joked about so friendly.

I would suspect Robert's fans are fans of DWTS anyway.

Farm boy is so phoney. I bet if he really was emotional, it was because his fan base "let him down". The more I saw of his face, the less I could stand it.

I knew Len would want to see Val, Rumer and Sasha again. Me too and so glad I wasn't disappointed. Wouldn't Mak be upset if baby bro brought home the mirror ball so "early" in his career?

Anyone notice how small the older balls were last week? One 10th of the size!

Old 05-06-2015, 11:38 AM

4,347 posts, read 4,724,159 times
Quote:

Wouldn't Mak be upset if baby bro brought home the mirror ball so "early" in
his career?
No he wouldn't. They are very supportive of each other and Maks has said in prior seasons he wanted Val to win.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:25 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
No he wouldn't. They are very supportive of each other and Maks has said in prior seasons he wanted Val to win.
I hope that is the truth. I really meant upset/jealous a little bit. Not a blow out thing. Hmm, he probably would be more upset with the judges. Attitude counts a lot, Maks! Although I understood it a lot.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:19 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,545,524 times
for sure i thought the army guy was going to go, i knew the bachelor was going to go too and he did! I enjoyed watching Robert sad to see him go.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:06 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,443,939 times
Quote:
I hope that is the truth. I really meant upset/jealous a little bit. Not a blow out thing. Hmm, he probably would be more upset with the judges. Attitude counts a lot, Maks! Although I understood it a lot.

Maks, Val and Tony own dancing studios together and it would be great publicity for Val to win. That aside, Maks and Val seem very close and I have a feeling that Maks would be thrilled to see Val win ASAP.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:15 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,443,939 times
I saw two more episodes of Mark and Derek's Excellent Flip last night. I wouldnt have watched it except that I was interested in seeing if it had gotten any more interesting. The answer was a big, fat NO. Derek looked very uncomfortable in everything he said. Mark looked more at ease and maybe he could carry such a show himself. But I can almost guarantee that HGTV wont pick up any more of this show. The two episodes I saw last night showed how they finished the flip (one episodes dealt with the exterior and the final episode dealt with the master bedroom), but there was no followup on how well they did in selling -- or if they were able to sell the house for what they wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I watched two episodes of a new HGTV show last night. It was called "Mark and Derek's Excellent Flip". I had read that Mark and Derek had bought a house together last year but I didnt know that they were joining the legions of flippers on HGTV.

Derek and Mark paid $1.275 million for the house and have budgeted $800k and 1 month for repairs/remodeling. They hope to sell it for $1.895 million.

Each episode features one room. The two 30-minute episodes I watched were the kitchen and the living room/front bathroom.

Actually, I think the show might be boring to anyone who isnt a rabid Mark and Derek fan. They spent a lot of time joking and kidding each other and hitting each other with styrofoam appliance packing. Of course, they're not actually doing the work themselves, although they did knock down a few walls and Mark did ask the contractors to show him a few things, like laying the wood floors.

I dont know if this show is a one-season deal or if Mark and Derek will be buying/flipping more houses. I guess it all depends on the success of this flip. I'll probably watch just to see if they can get the $1.895 million they expect but I doubt I'll watch another season.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:22 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,218,731 times
Quote:
I would suspect Robert's fans are fans of DWTS anyway.

!
I tuned in to DWTS simply because of the publicity about Robert being on. I enjoyed watching him. Did I think he should win? Of course not .There are much better dancers left on there now.

Old 05-07-2015, 01:06 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,576,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Well they got it right, time for them to go home! I was surprised at the emotion from farm guy, and I was so tired of Robert, acting like a love sick teenager.
Interestingly, Chris and Whitney (his fiancee from The Bachelor) broke up two weeks ago, which is why she hasn't been in the audience. I read Reality Steve and he said Chris never wanted to find a wife, he wanted to do the Reality TV fame thing. It'll be interesting to see if he's on Bachelor Pad this August. For that reason, his emotions may have been real....real disappointed he won't be on TV again until possibly August. He's a millionaire plus, so it's not like he needs the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV