Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2015, 10:52 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,443,939 times

Advertisements

I watched two episodes of a new HGTV show last night. It was called "Mark and Derek's Excellent Flip". I had read that Mark and Derek had bought a house together last year but I didnt know that they were joining the legions of flippers on HGTV.

Derek and Mark paid $1.275 million for the house and have budgeted $800k and 1 month for repairs/remodeling. They hope to sell it for $1.895 million.

Each episode features one room. The two 30-minute episodes I watched were the kitchen and the living room/front bathroom.

Actually, I think the show might be boring to anyone who isnt a rabid Mark and Derek fan. They spent a lot of time joking and kidding each other and hitting each other with styrofoam appliance packing. Of course, they're not actually doing the work themselves, although they did knock down a few walls and Mark did ask the contractors to show him a few things, like laying the wood floors.

I dont know if this show is a one-season deal or if Mark and Derek will be buying/flipping more houses. I guess it all depends on the success of this flip. I'll probably watch just to see if they can get the $1.895 million they expect but I doubt I'll watch another season.

Last edited by TFW46; 04-29-2015 at 11:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 01:32 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
Since it wasn't 2 hours long, I watched a second time today!

Loved the NFL dance. LOL @Jerry Rice and all his getups!

Was so nice to see Kareena and Anna. No Cheryl?

I was very glad not to see that twit, Mario Lopez but happy to see Maria.

Lil Kim? Was she a contestant once? She looks like a plastic Janet Jackson. Those cheeks!

Miss Patty singing one of my all-time fav songs. Amber sure has a set of lungs on her too! No pun intended.

Maks and Meryle...still a gorgeous couple and so good.

They should have a season of past winners soon. Another All Star but with past champs.

Sam Harris is still my fav female announcer. Still gorgeous. I remember her and Tom starting out here in Boston.

Think I will watch again for a 3rd time at some point.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:49 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,218,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
NO, Lady!!

You are Wrong. What's Cruel is a One legged man IS NOT worthy of beating out an exceptionally talented dancer, Willow Shields!!

That's Sugarcoated ridiculous.
Willow was in some well choreographed numbers which were a pleasure to watch. But exceptionally talented dancer? Now that is ridiculous. Is she a member of your family?

Old 04-29-2015, 01:53 PM

Wish I could rep you more than once, tami. I agreed with everything you said.

I especially loved the NFL dance team. It really made me miss seeing a great football player competing on DWTS.

And I used to like Mario Lopez until he was such a crybaby on TV about losing to that awesome Emmitt Smith.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:22 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,268,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
NO, Lady!!

You are Wrong. What's Cruel is a One legged man IS NOT worthy of beating out an exceptionally talented dancer, Willow Shields!!

That's Sugarcoated ridiculous.

Nothing against Noah, he's doing exceptional for his handicap....but he's not better...or deserving of moving on, and Willow gone. That's a hard fact.
What's up with the bold and the shouting?

She shouldn't have been there at fourteen in the first place.

Willow did mostly group dances which hide a lot. She's good but she's still very young. It would be more fair if she did dances with just her partner.

The lesson about facing it with a smile will do well for her though. Acting is not a profession where drama queens get all the work, so learning to shug and shake it off is a good thing.

Noah is not going to win, but then neither would she.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:05 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,602,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
...Lil Kim? Was she a contestant once? She looks like a plastic Janet Jackson. Those cheeks! ...
That's who that was? I FF through a lot of the show and didn't even recognize her? She looked like one of those "plastic surgery gone wrong" victims.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:08 PM

Li'l Kim was a contestant in Season 8 (the season that Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas won). She was paired with Derek and came in 5th.

List of Dancing with the Stars (U.S.) competitors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-29-2015, 04:58 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,671,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
What's up with the bold and the shouting?

She shouldn't have been there at fourteen in the first place.

Willow did mostly group dances which hide a lot. She's good but she's still very young. It would be more fair if she did dances with just her partner.

The lesson about facing it with a smile will do well for her though. Acting is not a profession where drama queens get all the work, so learning to shug and shake it off is a good thing.

Noah is not going to win, but then neither would she.

I would respond.....but would simply be a waste of my important time. So sad, some views.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:03 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
We got to see Maks & Meryl nothing after that got company. They were fabulous as always wish they would have chosen a different color than black for their outfits especially Meryl. I'll have to see if we can catch it on ABC.com to rewatch it later did they do a sport center or just showed clips of a few?

Old 04-29-2015, 07:35 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,810,000 times
It was good to see Kristy Yamaguchi back. (Too tired to look up the correct spelling!) And I loved the number with all the NFL players. There were some missing.... Jason Taylor (who finished 2nd to Kristy) and Michael Sam.

I'm a big hockey fan, so I'd love some NHL players. Sean Avery wasn't on long enough. I tweeted and suggested that they do that, and they could start with Bret Hedican (Kristy's husband)! Not sure if he could dance, but he sure would make good eye candy! He played for my Carolina Hurricanes. Kristy is the reason I started watching DWTS. She was the "local girl" and the Canes were having watch parties. It was fun to see some of the wives in the audience while she was on. Another good one to get would be the recently retired Ray Whitney. His wife is a dancer/choreographer, and he's got a great personality. Alas, I'm probably just dreaming!

Finally.... can the producers just go ahead and make Sasha Farber a permanent pro?! I love watching him in the troupe, but he deserves a permanent spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV