Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2016, 12:57 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times

Advertisements

Bring back from "The Amazon Season" Matthew von Ertfelda & his machete.....that should keep the tribe alert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 01:06 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
This is who she is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/20/ma...star.html?_r=0

She is internationally know and is believed to have one of the best most versatile voices in the business. Tia apparently knew who she was and was probably starstruck.
In Comment #1364, I posted Jeff's interview with EW, and it says he and Sia are good friends. They met through Cochran, apparently. That's why she got so much face time...

Old 05-21-2016, 01:09 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
Sia in real life: Hope the link works....

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...9C8ICQ&dpr=1.2

Old 05-21-2016, 01:35 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
In Comment #1364, I posted Jeff's interview with EW, and it says he and Sia are good friends. They met through Cochran, apparently. That's why she got so much face time...
Yes, I read it and thanks, it was really interesting. I just wanted to put more light on who she was and why she wore her wigs.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:27 PM

350 posts, read 477,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhorsewoman

Hope never to see Tony again.
Quote:
Why? He was a great player

In answer to your question: Tony grated on my nerves from the first day. I found him to be a bully and disingenuous human being (obviously my opinion). Had he not had that 'special' immunity idol, he would have been voted out much sooner.

I don't enjoy the people who act superior and make disparaging remarks about females. This season, I didn't like the escapades of Scott and Jason while on the island or their conduct at Ponderosa toward Cyndy (who was never one of my favorites to win).

Old 05-21-2016, 02:59 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,459,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhorsewoman View Post

In answer to your question: Tony grated on my nerves from the first day. I found him to be a bully and disingenuous human being (obviously my opinion). Had he not had that 'special' immunity idol, he would have been voted out much sooner.
I felt the same way. Despised him from an early stage. Respected the ruthless, dishonest brutality of his gameplay to a point, but definitely despised him and rooted against him (not that it did any good). A person can play the game successfully and we aren't required to like him/her or want to see him/her again.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:01 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
I don't think Tony ever had to use his super idol. I think he would have done well even without it. He got lucky that Woo picked him though for final two.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:48 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,216,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
The reunion show has never focused on pre-jury members. Would you rather 10 seconds for everyone to say what they are up to now? That's really all they used to do. I was very surprised they didn't talk to Cydney at all. Maybe they wanted to but they couldn't get Sia to shut up and get off the stage.
Cydney was unhappy. Maybe they skipped her purposely.

Old 05-22-2016, 02:37 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
They used to go around and ask every Survivor a question. I don't like that they've changed that routine over the years. I'm glad I didn't watch the Reunion. I couldn't have taken another hour of Tia and his stinking chicken.

We were purposely manipulated by the editing process. From where we viewers sat Michelle shouldn't have won. We were lead to foresee one ending, but were given a completely different ending at the last minute. It's very deceitful. I'm more than a bit miffed by it. Should I waste another several weeks watching the upcoming fall season knowing it will purposely trick and deceive me in the last few hours? The only answer I can come up with is... no. I'm not a fan of smoke and mirrors.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:40 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
Yeah the 'reunion' was pointless and gets more pointless each season. Some moron with a very lame gimmick got more time then the winner. What's that about? Pathetic. Just get rid of the it already.

I'd rather have Tony back then Sandra the do nothing but stir the pot double winner. She's useless. At least Tony played hard from day 1, even though he was a jerk and a bit of a bully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV