Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2016, 11:23 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times

Advertisements

I think maybe Probst is trying to make "Survivor" more star studded. He appears to me to be kind of star struck. In any case, the fawning over celebs and digressions from interviewing the players is getting on my nerves too. They used to talk to each and every one, even the first person voted out. They didn't just briefly interview the final players or bring in other people who have no connection with the show.

The thing with Drew Carey was such blatant advertising. Why couldn't they have just made it a commercial instead?

If the reunion is going to be like this from now on, I'm not going to wast the second hour watching the Survivor finale any longer.

I think it's ridiculous Sia giving Tai the check. Totally inappropriate. It's fine if she wanted to donate money to animal charity in his name but in private or maybe the next day on The Today Show, not at the reunion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 11:37 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,990 times
I'm glad Michelle won. She worked hard for it. As for everything else....meh

Old 05-23-2016, 06:03 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,264,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
I think Aubry will go far, maybe even win it. She had a hard time adjusting to the deprivation the first few days but came back to lead her team in the first challenge. I think she's one of those who will sit back out of the drama and then make a big move when they don't expect it.
I posted this after episode 2. I was prepared to gloat after she won and was disappointed when she didn't. But she did go far.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:44 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I'm catching up on the jury videos of before they go to the last TC to vote. A lot of them did say Michele was playing a good game she was just lucky not being noticed early on so to speak.

Here's one of Cydney's I don't understand we all know she can't make fire, in one video she admits she never made fire in her life, can't swim and in this one she doesn't do puzzles. So what the heck was she there for and how did she get so deep into the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rE9K8kQ77o
She was a good strategic player. She knew when to jump ship and when to stay aboard.

Does anyone believe that Jason and Scott would have kept her around if she had stayed in that alliance?

Old 05-24-2016, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I wondered the same thing. They could have edited out her sudden appearance. Am I the only one who considers her personal check to Tai totally inappropriate?
Hard to edit live television....

Old 05-24-2016, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I think they knew she was going to rush the stage and make that presentation. All of their "it's sooo spontaneous" stuff is a load of crap. They knew.

I too consider a personal check to Tai inappropriate. To a charity of his choice for animal rights, fine & dandy. To him personally, no.
What is it anyone's business what someone else does with their money?

It might have been inappropriate if the show or the network gave him the money, but Sia or whatever her name is gave him 50k out of her own pocket. That's her business if she wants to do that.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:53 AM

As far as deceptive editing, didn't survivor get in some hot water years ago when it was leaked that they actually made the contestants redo / refilm parts of challenges and things so the producers could get the scene they wanted?

Old 05-24-2016, 06:37 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I can live with some editing so long as it's artful. If you want to see truly cheesy, watch Hell's Kitchen. The producers don't know any other method to guide a storyline, so they put a cliffhanger on every commercial break. I give Burnett and his crew credit for not playing that game. If they did, you'd see it in every reward challenge...two people left holding onto the pole...one contestant's hand slips just a tad...aaaaaaaand there's a cartoony general admonishing you to buy auto insurance. The medical staff are looking at the downed member...Jeff asks Dr. Aussie if she can continue...Dr. Aussie hems and haws...aaaand we're treated to the sporty new Ford Flatus zipping across the landscape like a muscle car, with fine print reminding us that it's a professional driver on a closed course.
I agree with this. The editing on this show is wonderful in comparison to some of the cooking shows I see my wife watch. If we had those editors, we'd get a commercial just before the end of a challenge and again just before the votes are revealed. The Amazing Race can be a bit annoying in its editing as well because they like to cut to commercial showing someone completely lost or stumped by a challenge. Then come back from commercial to find them complete it right away. And I'm always completely amazed with all the action going on, with all the cameras, sound people, safety crew, etc, that we almost never see any of them. That's a credit to the editors and the camera operators as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I wondered the same thing. They could have edited out her sudden appearance. Am I the only one who considers her personal check to Tai totally inappropriate?
The reunion show is live. They couldn't edit her out. They could, however, have refused to give her a mic. But as someone else pointed out, she's apparently friends with Probst. I've read she keeps her face covered because she doesn't want to be famous. But that seems to go against doing things like this.

Old 05-24-2016, 06:46 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
What is it anyone's business what someone else does with their money?

It might have been inappropriate if the show or the network gave him the money, but Sia or whatever her name is gave him 50k out of her own pocket. That's her business if she wants to do that.
Anyone remember lunch lady Denise from the China season? She gave a story at the reunion show that when she went back to work after filming the season, the school wouldn't give her her job as a lunch lady back and so she had to work as a janitor. Burnett heard that and later in the reunion show decided to give her $50,000 because of it.

Turns out, before she went on the show, she applied for and was giving the promotion to head custodian at the school which came with better pay than lunch lady. When she got back, she wanted to go back to being a lunch lady but they didn't have an open position anymore so she went back to her role as custodian, that she had taken before she went on the show. She apologized saying she never meant to deceive anyone and donated the money to charity. Still, no matter whether she was telling the truth or not, to me this was bad form by Burnett. He shouldn't have given her money like that because of her sob story. Sia is different. She can do whatever she wants, but it looks bad for Burnett to give Denise money publicly like that because he feels bad for her. He hasn't done that for any other contestant as far as I know.

Old 05-24-2016, 06:59 AM

5,519 posts, read 7,109,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Anyone remember lunch lady Denise from the China season? She gave a story at the reunion show that when she went back to work after filming the season, the school wouldn't give her her job as a lunch lady back and so she had to work as a janitor. Burnett heard that and later in the reunion show decided to give her $50,000 because of it.

Turns out, before she went on the show, she applied for and was giving the promotion to head custodian at the school which came with better pay than lunch lady. When she got back, she wanted to go back to being a lunch lady but they didn't have an open position anymore so she went back to her role as custodian, that she had taken before she went on the show. She apologized saying she never meant to deceive anyone and donated the money to charity. Still, no matter whether she was telling the truth or not, to me this was bad form by Burnett. He shouldn't have given her money like that because of her sob story. Sia is different. She can do whatever she wants, but it looks bad for Burnett to give Denise money publicly like that because he feels bad for her. He hasn't done that for any other contestant as far as I know.
How the heck do you remember any of that? I can't tell you the names of the people who played this season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV