Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2016, 09:35 AM

5,532 posts, read 7,126,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
This is who she is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/20/ma...star.html?_r=0

She is internationally know and is believed to have one of the best most versatile voices in the business. Tai apparently knew who she was and was probably starstruck.
Thank you, but I am old school and not too hip on these youngsters. But hey, my parents said the same thing about my music
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 10:16 AM

18,157 posts, read 15,738,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
They used to go around and ask every Survivor a question. I don't like that they've changed that routine over the years. I'm glad I didn't watch the Reunion. I couldn't have taken another hour of Tia and his stinking chicken.

We were purposely manipulated by the editing process. From where we viewers sat Michelle shouldn't have won. We were lead to foresee one ending, but were given a completely different ending at the last minute. It's very deceitful. I'm more than a bit miffed by it. Should I waste another several weeks watching the upcoming fall season knowing it will purposely trick and deceive me in the last few hours? The only answer I can come up with is... no. I'm not a fan of smoke and mirrors.
Survivor/Mark Burnett has been doing this since the very first season in 2000. If you have watched even 1 prior season of Survivor you would have (or should have) realized this. I guarantee it will be the same next season, the season after that, and after that...

Old 05-22-2016, 10:19 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,486,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Thank you, but I am old school and not too hip on these youngsters. But hey, my parents said the same thing about my music
I didn't know who she was either. Doesn't matter. She was out of place. That time should have been devoted to all the players, not to Tai... and certainly not to a bimbo who showed up uninvited.

Survivor is beginning to remind me of a bad book -- one in which I devote several hours of my time, while the author foolishly adds a twist ending that didn't fit the entire plot. Very disappointing! It doesn't work in books. It doesn't work in Survivor.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:59 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,480,003 times
Quote:
I didn't know who she was either. Doesn't matter. She was out of place. That time should have been devoted to all the players, not to Tai... and certainly not to a bimbo who showed up uninvited.

Survivor is beginning to remind me of a bad book -- one in which I devote several hours of my time, while the author foolishly adds a twist ending that didn't fit the entire plot. Very disappointing! It doesn't work in books. It doesn't work in Survivor.
Although I could do without the "bimbo" name calling I do agree that even though her intentions were good, it did appear she was grandstanding. If she knew Jeff, she could have contacted him ahead of time and just asked him to take a couple of minutes to give Tai the check instead of just rushing in. What if security had grabbed her before she reached the stage? It would have been her own fault.

I didn't like the fact that it took time away from the other players either.

Old 05-22-2016, 12:57 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,486,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Survivor/Mark Burnett has been doing this since the very first season in 2000. If you have watched even 1 prior season of Survivor you would have (or should have) realized this. I guarantee it will be the same next season, the season after that, and after that...
You're wrong. Go back and watch some of the first seasons.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:08 PM

18,157 posts, read 15,738,832 times
I watched the first 2 or 3 seasons. I never knew who was going to win, although it was down to 2 final contestants in those days, so I had a 50% chance of being right. I didn't think it would be Richard Hatch on that first season.

As soon as Michele won those final immunity and reward challenges I knew she'd at least make it to the final 3. And that's exactly what happened. I didn't know which of the 3 of them might win in the end. And at no point before those final episodes did I know who would even end up as final 3. I didn't see the Joe evacuation coming (nor any of them). I thought Julie would go a bit further than she did. The editing always leaves me a bit confused as to what's really going on, and it turns out my confusion is warranted.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:24 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,407,386 times
Quote:
They used to go around and ask every Survivor a question. I don't like that they've changed that routine over the years. I'm glad I didn't watch the Reunion. I couldn't have taken another hour of Tia and his stinking chicken.

We were purposely manipulated by the editing process. From where we viewers sat Michelle shouldn't have won. We were lead to foresee one ending, but were given a completely different ending at the last minute. It's very deceitful. I'm more than a bit miffed by it. Should I waste another several weeks watching the upcoming fall season knowing it will purposely trick and deceive me in the last few hours? The only answer I can come up with is... no. I'm not a fan of smoke and mirrors.
Every movie, TV show, it's the editing that keeps the show interesting. You can't have a good show without good editing.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:30 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,474,595 times
I can live with some editing so long as it's artful. If you want to see truly cheesy, watch Hell's Kitchen. The producers don't know any other method to guide a storyline, so they put a cliffhanger on every commercial break. I give Burnett and his crew credit for not playing that game. If they did, you'd see it in every reward challenge...two people left holding onto the pole...one contestant's hand slips just a tad...aaaaaaaand there's a cartoony general admonishing you to buy auto insurance. The medical staff are looking at the downed member...Jeff asks Dr. Aussie if she can continue...Dr. Aussie hems and haws...aaaand we're treated to the sporty new Ford Flatus zipping across the landscape like a muscle car, with fine print reminding us that it's a professional driver on a closed course.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:53 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,206,014 times
I'm catching up on the jury videos of before they go to the last TC to vote. A lot of them did say Michele was playing a good game she was just lucky not being noticed early on so to speak.

Here's one of Cydney's I don't understand we all know she can't make fire, in one video she admits she never made fire in her life, can't swim and in this one she doesn't do puzzles. So what the heck was she there for and how did she get so deep into the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rE9K8kQ77o

Old 05-22-2016, 08:20 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,206,014 times
Both Malcolm & Joe were nice on the eyes but neither one of them can interview worth a darn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdPrKI8xPVU

Joe did pick Michele from the jump to win btw but he flirted more with Cydney on the red carpet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV